Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I just pre-ordered the 130x - anyone else?

Just placed my pre-order for the 130x. Seems to fit the bill for exactly what I wanted: tail drive, 100 size, brushless heli that binds to my DX6i.

Should be good for some indoor lazy flying and outdoor fun flying - the perfect upgrade from my mSR X. Now to spend the wait time practicing on the sim / flying my mSR X.

Anyone else place their pre-order?
GoodOmens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
Just placed my pre-order for the 130x. Seems to fit the bill for exactly what I wanted: tail drive, 100 size, brushless heli that binds to my DX6i.

Should be good for some indoor lazy flying and outdoor fun flying - the perfect upgrade from my mSR X. Now to spend the wait time practicing on the sim / flying my mSR X.

Anyone else place their pre-order?
I'm getting the first one that arrives to my LHS as well!
c3hutson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I placed a pre-order with Horizon today , Can't wait
mCP_X is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Want to but got lots of money going into my downhill bike at the moment. My birthday is in September so I figure that's about when this will actually be released so it'll make a great gift.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seriously considering it. My only reservation is I'm keen to the 300x. I fly a 6s mini protos. I use 2 3s 1300mah thunder tiger packs in series. I want to switch to single 6s packs for charging reasons. The 3s 1300mah packs will be perfect for the 300x...plus I'd have 6 packs (7 if you count the stock one).

Yeah, yeah, I know what you're about to say "buy both". It's probably what I'll end up doing.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pre-order placed today.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Placed my order yesterday!

mQX, 120sr, msrx, mcpx, mcpxV2, BL, Nano,
SR, 130X, 300X, 450X, Phoenix Sim, DX7s, DX8. OMP1
TKhelipops is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

When do you guys think this will be released
rz1a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz1a View Post
When do you guys think this will be released
Hopefully before 12/21/2012.................... Damn I want one of these little fella's, I am seriously considering selling my 120sr and MCPx just to fund this because, it is to me, a combination of the two.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Called up my LHS and changed my deposit from the 300X to the 130X. Perfect size for me...cannot wait.
Bytor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want one but I refuse to give someone money for something that i Am not sure when i Am going to get it. Think of the interest alone that could be made by horizon by changing a delivery date by a couple of months. Screw that.

Still gonna get it when i can click buy it now and have a tracking number in hand within 24 hours and a heli in my hand within a few days. We all know mid June is a pipe dream.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

What interest?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well if I could get a few thousand people to hand me over 3-400 a piece months before i had a product i could invest in several areas with moderate interest low risk and even gamble a bit on the stock market and if that was going well....i could double down and push back my release date and potentially make millions selling air before i even put a cent into manufacturing it.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelicrasher View Post
Well if I could get a few thousand people to hand me over 3-400 a piece months before i had a product i could invest in several areas with moderate interest low risk and even gamble a bit on the stock market and if that was going well....i could double down and push back my release date and potentially make millions selling air before i even put a cent into manufacturing it.
That's what big time contractors do! Take investors $ for a project hold onto it. Hire subcontractors and refuse to pay them till the last minute all the while banking the interest for them selves. There is a lot of sub contractors that go tits up getting played like that. B.S I see it all the time as a contractor. Funny thing is I never thought HH did it but now that you mention it! I think they use the preorder $ to pay the manufacture. Then we wait for the slow boat to ship it. That's why the parts are so lacking in stock after a release. I don't think they invest until they know it will sell. Either way if any of this is true they are playing with your $. That's why I work for people that pay and pay for whats in my hands.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its not just big contractors that do it. Same idea and concept runs rampid in the internet marketing world....stomper net comes to mind. Made millions selling a product before the product was ever made and trickled the release until credit cards couldn't be disputed and their payments were secured and just basically disappeared leaving all the investors of stomper net hanging.....and the main guys are still worshipped as gurus by the gullible and still buy any shit that is flung at them as long as it promises to solve all their problems.......its almost comical but sad too.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I want one but I refuse to give someone money for something that i Am not sure when i Am going to get it. Think of the interest alone that could be made by horizon by changing a delivery date by a couple of months. Screw that.

Still gonna get it when i can click buy it now and have a tracking number in hand within 24 hours and a heli in my hand within a few days. We all know mid June is a pipe dream.
You don't get charged till it ships. See: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=405069

I also called Thursday, and Horizon said the same thing. Friday I pinged Ampdraw about their policy, but have not heard back yet.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ampdraw charges at the time of preordering but you can get a refund at anytime after that.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH takes no money from customers - dealers or consumers - until the product ships. Heck, we even extend credit terms to dealers as do most wholesale businesses.
David Eichstedt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Simply wow. I think it might be time for someone to switch to decaf.
Let's talk for a second about actual manufacturing, something North American forgot how to do years ago. Those fancy plastic bits that go into making these things, how do you think they are made? Someone has to design, and then build an injection mold. Have a look at a part as "simple" as the main frame on the mCPX. You cannot simply split that down the middle, make two halves of a mold and shoot plastic into it. There are sliding sections, an ejection system and far more than I will go into here that make that part a reality. In order to keep plastic from going where it isn't supposed to you have to hold tolerances in the +/- .0001", otherwise you get flash. The point of all that is that this stuff takes time, and significant money. There are issues along the way, no matter who is building it there are delays. Sometimes you get it all done and plastic doesn't flow where you want it to, then you have to troubleshoot. You put all that time, effort and money in up front to ensure that when it's all done, you press a button and out comes an identical part. That is where your delay is, just making the thing work such that your economies of scale work out, not financial manipulation.
You don't make money for a long time doing what you suggest, you wind up in jail or bankrupt. Instead of dreaming up conspiracy theories, why not go out and learn how to do some of this stuff? We desperately need skilled people to ADVANCE the state of the art in these areas, bring work like this back, make things again instead of trying to shift money around and make money off of that. When you ignore the realities of how the stuff you buy is made, you make it easier for people to really fleece you and keep you poor because they sell you a line of BS that you can make money by producing no work product.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My LHS takes pre-orders with no deposit but i am not so sure about the 130X, looks interesting but the 300X is a different matter, much better heli design and have ordered one of those.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in