Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Goblin

And to think I wanted to buy it and almost did.
hp500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

At least it flies now. 64 flights until today. One miracle crash no damage at all.

Flight of Enzo - Goblin 380 (4 min 22 sec)
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

One other thing that might help others avoid a situiation like this, both buyer and seller:

A while back I sold a Goblin 380 kit, and thought I might have grabbed a part or two out of it, basically couldn't remember. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=737387 - See post 6

What I did was lay each bag out on the bed, take several pictures, and sent them to the prospective buyer. Since the kit had been opened, we looked at them and both agreed that things were there and what needed replacing, etc, before I sent it.

I would have insisted that the entire kit be sent back and would have given them a full refund. Toad, glad u got her flying, as mentioned. that's a kick a## paint scheme.

/two cents
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that is very good advice. To be honest if you take parts off a kit you are selling, either state the risk of having missing parts, or do what you say to lay it all out, or work it out in the end as we are all human and make mistakes after all. I have said enough about this particular case, though.

I also love the Zeal paint scheme, it looks awesome! But it is funny that Yellowbird has a much better contrasting and visible scheme. On overcast days or when the sun is hitting just right, the red and black might be sometimes hard to see and can lose orientation. Of course that is when you are a rookie pilot like me that has to fly 10 mistakes high hehehe.

Now I have to admit by far the best visible canopy I have flown is the optional Blade 360 CFX. It is orange/yellow with a green "windshield". That bright green spot is SUPER easy to see when it is coming at you even from a distance. Loved that canopy. Flew both the 360 and the Goblin the same day because I was checking the iKon on the 360 before I sold it and well had batteries for the Goblin. The flight characteristics are night and day, I am loving my Goblins and appreciated them much more that day. But I have to admit that Blade canopy was awesome. I could have Canomod make one but too much money and hassle. I am anyways happy with Enzo and Yellowbird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
One other thing that might help others avoid a situiation like this, both buyer and seller:

A while back I sold a Goblin 380 kit, and thought I might have grabbed a part or two out of it, basically couldn't remember. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=737387 - See post 6

What I did was lay each bag out on the bed, take several pictures, and sent them to the prospective buyer. Since the kit had been opened, we looked at them and both agreed that things were there and what needed replacing, etc, before I sent it.

I would have insisted that the entire kit be sent back and would have given them a full refund. Toad, glad u got her flying, as mentioned. that's a kick a## paint scheme.

/two cents
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 07-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Decided to keep my 360cfx. I have nearly another airframe for it. I take it out and bash with it every once in a while, within reason. It's got nice servos (omg x1) on it, so I dont want to tear them up. Once I wipe it or get tired of it, the electronics will go on the oxy4 kit I plan on buying next spring, after the government takes a bite out of my butt
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 07-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have way too many helis for my taste my friend. The only other one I plan on getting is a Goblin 500 Sport but I don't know if that can happen next year. Hopefully it does. I want to convert one of the 380's possibly Enzo to a 3 blade and I think with the high cost of the upgrade I might be better off just buying the KSE kit and keeping the rest as spares. Or I might go cheap and smaller and get an Oxy 3 Tareq but I really like the 380 so I think a 500 would suit me better. As good as everyone says the Oxy 3 is I see myself on the 380 and 500 classes only for a very long time. But budget is budget and if I want a new Heli it might come to that. A big part of what drives me to a Heli is looks so definitely an Oxy would have to be the TE. That is also why I swapped my canopies from stock. Although I am totally hooked on SAB quality, simple design and flight characteristics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Decided to keep my 360cfx. I have nearly another airframe for it. I take it out and bash with it every once in a while, within reason. It's got nice servos (omg x1) on it, so I dont want to tear them up. Once I wipe it or get tired of it, the electronics will go on the oxy4 kit I plan on buying next spring, after the government takes a bite out of my butt
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 07-28-2016, 05:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
You have way too many helis for my taste my friend. The only other one I plan on getting is a Goblin 500 Sport but I don't know if that can happen next year. Hopefully it does. I want to convert one of the 380's possibly Enzo to a 3 blade and I think with the high cost of the upgrade I might be better off just buying the KSE kit and keeping the rest as spares. Or I might go cheap and smaller and get an Oxy 3 Tareq but I really like the 380 so I think a 500 would suit me better. As good as everyone says the Oxy 3 is I see myself on the 380 and 500 classes only for a very long time. But budget is budget and if I want a new Heli it might come to that. A big part of what drives me to a Heli is looks so definitely an Oxy would have to be the TE. That is also why I swapped my canopies from stock. Although I am totally hooked on SAB quality, simple design and flight characteristics.
You know there isn't such a thing as too many heli's
Old 07-28-2016, 05:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah anytime I get a package I video record the up boxing moment and inspect the package....in today's world a mans word is often discounted and isn't looking out for your best interest. Doesn't justify the poor sale etiquette but upon video unboxing and seeing everything not as advertised prompts me looking to return/refund immediately. It's usually a bad sign of things to come. Sorry you had that one expierence.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #49 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
You know there isn't such a thing as too many heli's
This......

Nearly all of them were bought used, so the outlay wasnt as much as you might think.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

The sad truth is buy used, buy the blues.

When I buy used, I know I can put a minimum 10% of the purchase cost to make it right. With tearing the heli down, inspecting it, and rebuilding it. Its almost not worth it. Sometimes everything is how it should be. Sometimes you wonder how it took off without tearing itself apart. I got a heli that was advertised assembled, never flown. When I got it, the tail pinion was loaded with rubber from the belt. Upon inspection it had missed matched tail blades. The guy probably ran it up and it vibrated like crazy so no way it took off. it was true it was never flown..all though miss leading. Among other issues that was the most obvious. I may be more tedious than others when I buy used, but I have to know it's assembled correctly. And you can find out very quickly if it was put together properly, as well as loc tite in all the right places.

So what am I saying? Weigh the odds when buying used. 300 dollars you save buying a used 700 class heli may seem like alot but when you need to replace little things...it all adds up quickly.
explorin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2016, 05:40 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default And, what's your time worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorin View Post
The sad truth is buy used, buy the blues.

When I buy used, I know I can put a minimum 10% of the purchase cost to make it right. With tearing the heli down, inspecting it, and rebuilding it. Its almost not worth it. Sometimes everything is how it should be. Sometimes you wonder how it took off without tearing itself apart. I got a heli that was advertised assembled, never flown. When I got it, the tail pinion was loaded with rubber from the belt. Upon inspection it had missed matched tail blades. The guy probably ran it up and it vibrated like crazy so no way it took off. it was true it was never flown..all though miss leading. Among other issues that was the most obvious. I may be more tedious than others when I buy used, but I have to know it's assembled correctly. And you can find out very quickly if it was put together properly, as well as loc tite in all the right places.

So what am I saying? Weigh the odds when buying used. 300 dollars you save buying a used 700 class heli may seem like alot but when you need to replace little things...it all adds up quickly.
Not knocking used birds or parts. What's your time worth, by the hour?
At my advanced age, after cancer, and everything involved in that, my
eyes aren't what they used to be. I'm a scale/sport type flyer. Keep it
close and keep it fun. But, when I need to work on something, I need to
use one of those lighted magnifiers. Hay, I'm 67, I accept that. But, I
won't go out of my way to buy birds I may need to work on before I
trust/fly them. That includes new, out of the box. YMMV, but, that's just
me. I can't say too much as I have a few pieces around here I will
need to put up for sale. Good luck.

Drifter...
driftermickh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in