Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question I'm throwing up the white flag...

Okay so I've read through the forum about people have issues getting the 3GX to connect to both Win 8 and Win 7. I'm one of the ones having the same issue. I have 2 Win 7 machines and 1 Win 8 and no luck on either of them. I get the error message that the program tried to install and was unsuccessful so I uninstall it and reinstall it. I didn't get it the second go around and I've updated the driver per the links in the threads I've read.

The unit I have came with v2 on it and I want to update to 3.1 b/c that is what most everyone is saying they like and that 4 has some bugs? Do you guys think I need to update to all the versions leading to 3.1 to get this to work or is there something I may be over looking?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same problem. It seams you need to connect the 3gx to your computer and the error message goes away.
Butch Miller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

UPDATE...

I'm not sure and don't understand why but here is how I got it to work. First I right clicked on the install icon after reading another post and set the compatibility settings to work with Win 8. After that I went ahead and hooked up everything... servos, ESC, etc. In the beginning I only had the RX, 3GX, and power hooked up to the TX when plugging it in to the PC. For some reason the unit lit up after that and the PC detected it with everything hooked up.

Does anyone know why it matters if you have everything hooked up for the program to see the unit? Because after that I'm able to hook it up to the PC as I was in the beginning and performed the update. This is a sensitive little program/unit...

Well if anyone can explain this I'm curious but if not the good news is I got to update and now will get it installed on my 450.
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can't speak for win8, but win7 32/64 bit works fine. Just install with admin rights.

As for connections - I think all you need is battery connected to the 3gx and usb cable to pc.

I've always bound my 3gx receivers to radio and set it up first with transmitter before using the pc.

[Trex 600N, V-Bar] [Trex 450ProV2, 3Gx] [Trex 470LM Microbeast Plus]
squibcakes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

3GX needs to be bound to the transmitter and powered up before PC software will recognize it.

Also remember to connect the USB dongle to PC(not need to be connected to 3GX) before launching/opening the 3GX PC software.
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3GX PC software setup needs to install a driver for the USB connection to 3GX unit.
The driver cannot be installed without the device (3GX unit in this case) powered on and connected to the PC.
Problem solved.
vojta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think all you need is battery connected to the 3gx and usb cable to pc.
That would be WRONG.

For the USB interface and PC to see your 3GX unit, the 3GX must have power applied AND the receiver must be connected and properly receiving information from the transmitter. In short the entire system needs to be operating.

Making the world better, one helicopter at a time. Team Heliproz
dksia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojta View Post
3GX PC software setup needs to install a driver for the USB connection to 3GX unit.
The driver cannot be installed without the device (3GX unit in this case) powered on and connected to the PC.
Problem solved.
You just need to plug in USB programmer/dongle to install the driver. 3GX does not need to be connected for driver installation.

After driver gets installed properly, launch the 3GX PC software. In order to have 3GX PC software to recognize 3GX, 3GX needs to be bound to the transmitter(either satellite/s or a full receiver) and powered on.
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in