Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail twitch inflight, 790 gyro light seen blinking red.

Align sport 450 v2. JR 6 channel FM radio.

At times tail switches and chopper yaws to the left about 30-45 degrees (but stops there). I've seen the underside of the chopper do this and seeing the gyro's status light go from green to red while this is occurring.

I don't have any gain contol since it's a six channel radio, and the gyro is the stock align 790. The tail belt has adequate tension Any ideas?
Vinny ///M3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh man if you don't have gain control its liable to be in rate mode (below 50%) or just barely be in HH mode (above 50%) and if you haven't set the tail up to fly in rate mode it'll be a handful.

In Rate mode (below 50%) set transmitter to 30%. You have to have a bout 7 or 8 degrees of right rudder pitch on your tail blades. You shorten the rudder linkage until the blades have 7 or 8 degrees of pitch on them, tail slider should be to the left of center standing behind the helicopter.

Can you tell if the gyro is in HH mode or rate mode with the indicator lights? It might actually be switching back and forth if it came stock set at 50%.

Your radio doesn't have any endpoint adjustment for the 5th channel with a gear switch that flips between the 2 endpoints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny ///M3 View Post
Align sport 450 v2. JR 6 channel FM radio.

At times tail switches and chopper yaws to the left about 30-45 degrees (but stops there). I've seen the underside of the chopper do this and seeing the gyro's status light go from green to red while this is occurring.

I don't have any gain contol since it's a six channel radio, and the gyro is the stock align 790. The tail belt has adequate tension Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I can see the gyro status indicator in flight, this one is a headlock type and it's green when it's in headlock mode. What I am seeing is while airborne and it does one of it's random twitches, I can see the indicator LED flash RED as the chopper yaws then when stops, turns back to GREEN. Something probably isn't right. The only adjustment is flipping the gear lever switch between head lock and stunt mode.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you sure that you dont have a gyro channel on your radio? Im not familiar with yours specifically, but my dx6i had a gyro gain channel and it is only a 6 channel. Make sure you have heli selected as model type and go searching. If you dont have a gain channel, you will need to get a different radio or you will never get rid of the wag
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does not, and I'm ditching this old FM radio. Seems like I'm the only guy in my club with one!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny ///M3 View Post
It does not, and I'm ditching this old FM radio. Seems like I'm the only guy in my club with one!
They worked in their day. Helis need all the programming functions to set them up properly though. I highly recommend the dx8 to upgrade to. Its a fairly inexpensive radio for all that it offers.
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up [ Solved ]

Solved, I believe. Speed control was set to 5.5v (default). Receiver is putting about 4.98v to the servo connectors. The align sc has three output values, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0vdc. I can not duplicate the twitch at all, which usually ends up stalling the motor as well.

In case anybody runs into this in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in