Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default EliasGourvelos Youtube vids

I really think this forum would be great to house a link to all the Elias Gourvelos Walkera videos. He has done some great work with the 4 3B. His videos should probably be a sticky here as there are some great tips on these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gourvelos

*** Forum Moderator Note: The link has been changed from the original posting to reflect the new correct link as indicated in post #14 below.

Last edited by Steve Joblin; 01-23-2010 at 10:40 PM..
scottdurand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Excellent find! I've seen a few of his vids, but didn't realize the extent of his collection! He's no Finless Bob, but he does have lots of great info!

Awesome post!!!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sticking per request.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Elias Gourvelos

Hi guys

Im happy to see people like my videos, I have been playing wit 450's lately, but recently someone asked me to go through the steps of mountin an outrunner motor on a micro heli and doing a step by step for them and all it takes is a please and a thank you, so here I wish to say a thank you to Bob Finless for the video's he's created.

I know what is involved in creating these videos, they are time consuming and non rewarding apart from the fact of knowing you are helping others overcome any obstacles the thank you you get makes it all worth while and the knowledge thats shared helps us all. In the last 4 months I have had 50,000 views of my videos I can only imagine how many Bob's had!

I'm a fully qualified Electrical Mechanical Engineer, and have many other qualifications that make most of the work for me seem simple, but there are others here that are anything from office managers to cleaners to any type of background that may never have been exposed to metal working, plastics, glues, mechanicals, etc, some questions to me may be so simple but to others a challange.

My eye sight is not what it use to be, so my 450's a brightly fluorescently coloured and I can barely do 3d, apart from the simple barrel rolls and loops, so as far as flight I cant offer much.

My latest projects which I am video taping are backlights to LCD transmitters and wireless cameras, I am also doing night flying el wire setups, so these should benifit quite a few people as well. The LCD backlight started as a thankyou for a friend that loaned me his Dx6i while mine was in getting repaired due to the sticky throttle issue, I purchased a Dx7 since then.

Anyhow I carry on too much some times, but thats me, I like to chat, and I like to assist where I can...

Regards

Elias
EatAtJoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Elias,

That's a really good collection of vids you have there, just watched a couple, I've had the parts for a Losi bl upgrade for a while now which I plan on fitting to my old (now 2.4GHz) 4#3, now I know where to look for a step by step guide - hopefully I'll get round to it soon

Also that's a really interesting 4G3 you have, I just fitted the Walkera bl motor and esc to mine which I like a lot, but the tail could be better, am waiting on the flea becoming available then will go bl on the tail too. May even try and fit an AR6300 one day - I didn't know they ran off 1 cell, is it because it's powered by the esc and bec in parallel that it works?

I can imagine as you say it must be a fairly thankless task making all these vids, so big thanks from me

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 4G3 I have in the vids is actually running on 2 cells, but you can mod te ESC's to run on 1 cell, it's pretty easy once you see how. One thing before you go buying bits and pieces is to simply ask, as there are so many ways to setup a 4g3 it all depends on your budget and equipment.

Here is my current setup

1x Dx7 transmitter
1x V2 4G3
1x AR6300 receiver
2x Turnigy 6A ESC's
1x Turnigy 4500kv Outrunner (Main)
1x AEO 3900kv Outrunner (Tail)
1x GY191 HH Gyro
2x 240mah 20c batts (Dual Cell)
EatAtJoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, many thanks for listing your set up, I have so far only looked at 1 cell set ups, once I get that organised perhaps I'll get another 4G3 and look at 2 cell set ups, and yes I'll certainly ask before buying anything, upgrades for these helis are coming out so fast that what was the latest thing a few months ago is now old-hat!

Thanks again
Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

is there any way to convert the stock 4in1 to run a ar6100 that i can set up with my dx6i with out a whole lot of mods?
klab233 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

from the time i bought my 4G3 till now, i have never ever get it to fly nicely... i guess i have messed up with the mix & extend pot, and the pitch setting and the stock 6ch radio is pain in the ass..... i was wondering if someone could provide with detail steps in setting this heli up... esp the pitch and mix & extend pot (these 2 pots can be turn all the way, so i wasn't sure whats the factory setting).

everytime when i feel like giving up on it, i think of spektrumized it.. since i have additional AR6100, but i wasn't sure if it works on 1 cell... do u think the walkera brushless main motor is powerful enough?

well, its best if some1 could provide some info on setting the pitch and throttle curve, and the swasplate height. coz i have trouble setting the pitch, i dunno which pot to tune to get +10 and -3.
uniquexme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would post your question in the 4G3 thread as a new post. This thread is for comments related to Elias Gourvelos videos.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Elias!

I have been watching your vids on youtube alot since I really would like to go separates on my 4G3. I have not yet dared to take the plunge but maybe soon!

Today I found this thread (I will not ask you questions about the 4G3 conversion here) and read what you wrote about the backlights to LCD transmitters!! That sounds really interresting!! I have always thought that its pretty crap that my Dx7 doesnīt have backlit display and I actually needed it several times! I searched your vids on the link "scottdurand" provided but I couldnīt find any of this mod. Is it still under production?

Cheers!
/Fred
Flintstone555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
I would post your question in the 4G3 thread as a new post. This thread is for comments related to Elias Gourvelos videos.

errr steve, is it just me, or is elias youtube account closed?
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well that's a bummer! It does indeed appear to be closed he had some great vids... No Bob Finless, but he was pretty handy with these Walkeras! Wonder what happened?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

New link to his videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gourvelos
T-rex 450SE V2, 250SE / Blade CX2, mCX, mSR, SR / Walkera 5G6, 4#3B, 4G3, CB100 / Piccolo Pro / Hornet II / HBK 2

shield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Should the original link be changed or something? It was only by chance I carried on down to see the new link?

Cheers,
Craig.

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't see any 4/3B videos though
Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was going to say the same thing. Lots of other videos, just nothing on the 4#3.
Loki is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default vid

Here's one:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82xZP3GlOQ[/ame]
Arrrrr-C Pirate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in