Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BL815 servos

Hi.
I saw a post regarding the dominator 600L, concirming some problems regarding the BL815 servos burning out after a short while of use. Something about a bad production batch of servos

If I buy this kit, is there any way I can tell if the servos belong to the bad batch of servos. Can i see this on the serial number or something, and if so, what serial number belongs to the good batch of servos.

Thanks
/Anders
elektro Anders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektro Anders View Post
Hi.
I saw a post regarding the dominator 600L, concirming some problems regarding the BL815 servos burning out after a short while of use. Something about a bad production batch of servos

If I buy this kit, is there any way I can tell if the servos belong to the bad batch of servos. Can i see this on the serial number or something, and if so, what serial number belongs to the good batch of servos.

Thanks
/Anders

Ups sorry, I found an update on the thread regarding this issue
/Anders
Old 07-20-2015, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the servos have serial numbers engraved on the bottom... any serial numbers.. you are good and will be happy with probably the best servos on the market. Any serial number like B1511 is good.

If they don't have serial numbers, which is becoming more and more rare as Align has tried to wipe this problem off the market-- you should NOT build the kit and send all four servos to Align for replacement. There will be no questions asked- I guarantee you.

Don't mess with trying to build the non serialized servos. You'll regret it. This is a warning from very personal experience. Painful, angry, frustrated experience.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your quick reply, I appriciate it.

I saw some disturbing videos on youtube regarding this problem as well. And the discussion ended with the Gpro FBL unit being the culprit. But it all seems a bit contradictory.

I must say that your thread makes a lot more sence, that is its the servos that were bad, and not the gyro

Have you heard any of such rumours regarding the Gpro?

/Anders
Old 07-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It wasn't the the Gpro causing the servo failure. The proof is that Align started to put serial numbers on the servos to keep track of them out in the real world.

There could have been a few Gpro problems no doubt. But the extreme servo failure problem was the fault of the servos themselves.

For the most part, this is all water under the bridge. The new serialized servos are awesome and the Gpro is quite spectacular as well.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your advice, it puts my mind at ease.
The dominator really looks awesome from all the videos I have seen of it.

I will order one by the end of this month and I will look for the ingraded serial numbers when I start the build.

Thanks for your help with clarifying the situation with the servos.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektro Anders View Post
Thanks for your advice, it puts my mind at ease.
The dominator really looks awesome from all the videos I have seen of it.

I will order one by the end of this month and I will look for the ingraded serial numbers when I start the build.

Thanks for your help with clarifying the situation with the servos.
Sorry for the spellig error i meant to write engraved rather than ingraded
Old 07-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem and good luck. IMO its the best 600 for the cost. I mean it doesn't look or fly like a 600 that costs 1000 bucks. It looks and flies like it costs 2000 bucks. It is stupid fast and almighty powerful. Just gotta be aware of certain restraints with it.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does anyone know if the 800 and 850 servos were effected by this. Mine have no serial numbers on bottom. This makes me scared to fly my 800!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC/DC_5000 View Post
If the servos have serial numbers engraved on the bottom... any serial numbers.. you are good and will be happy with probably the best servos on the market. Any serial number like B1511 is good.

If they don't have serial numbers, which is becoming more and more rare as Align has tried to wipe this problem off the market-- you should NOT build the kit and send all four servos to Align for replacement. There will be no questions asked- I guarantee you.

Don't mess with trying to build the non serialized servos. You'll regret it. This is a warning from very personal experience. Painful, angry, frustrated experience.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

God thats a good question. But I'm doubting it because the 800 servos are totally different. They are not even the same color combinations or specs. I'm pretty sure it was when Align tried to make a "super servo" that used 83 Mah of current per flight and had insanely fast speed and high torque.

Those were the servos that fried out. Align has since mellowed out the extremely low current usage. My serialized servos use 160 Mah per flight. And they have proven to be very reliable and long lasting.

If you're in doubt, you could contact Align and ask them. Also ask if they think you should send them in for testing.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool, thanks , I might do that. I have one that twitches every now and then. So far not in flight only on the ground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in