Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wow, when properly tuned the 130x can be a dream machine.

So I've been trying new parts on my two 130s to try and make them more like the helis that I actually wanted, and not the rattle traps that the stock ones are. With that said, just a month ago I was the guy that preached "keep it stock," and I do still follow that with most things but on the 130x I couldn't have been more wrong.

I just put together one of my 130s with all of the parts I have now (more incoming) and I couldn't be more pleased. The parts I installed were:

Lynx 2s motor (wow, lots of power!)
Lynx solid CF main
Lynx main shaft shims
Lynx TBSR bearing boom (SO worth the money)
Lynx DFC head
Rakon Heli complete tail (would have gotten lynx but I ordered rakon before seeing the lynx)

With all of those parts on my final weight came out to exactly 90 grams. I can't remember what the stock 130 weighs, but I know that 90 grams isn't heavy for this heli. In other words, the mods added negligible weight if any.

I haven't gotten to actually fly because I am waiting on my lynx swashes to go along with the DFC head, but on the test hover I did in the living room I was absolutely blown away. This thing used to vibrate so bad it would destroy tail bearings in one flight, literally. When I took it up for the hover I kept waiting for the vibes to hit but they never did. It slowly rises up off of the ground WITHOUT LEANING! Before I would fight the lean when taking off, I'm guessing that the vibes were playing hell with the 3 in 1.

Anyway, the point to all of this is these helis have the potential to be amazing little machines. I am not exaggerating, this 130 now literally sounds like a sewing machine. There isn't anything even similar to vibrations….it is a dream. In case you can't tell I am very excited since I have had problems since day 1.

Moral of the story, if you have problems continuously that just won't go away - or you have some sort of gremlins that you can't figure out, get a TBSR boom, and a quality tail. I bet it will remedy your issues, and if not you still have a kick ass set up.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey

So what would your complete tail setup be from top to bottom if you could do it again?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you got the new Rakon tail that one is tied for the best with the Lynx quad bearing tail case, currently (because of the pitch slider interaction).

So that weight of 90g, thats without the battery right? So add another 22-25-30g depending.

If you ever get a one way bearing with the TBSR, it is so smooth is scary, seem like something not connected, spins freely for a long time! Thats is probably the best most useful upgrade to date!
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBladeWorks View Post
Moral of the story, if you have problems continuously that just won't go away - or you have some sort of gremlins that you can't figure out, get a TBSR boom, and a quality tail. I bet it will remedy your issues, and if not you still have a kick ass set up.
Exactly! I have everything you can possibly do to the tail on both of my 130's and they are rock solid, crash able and fly as good as my bigger helis! Took $$$$ and time to get there but it was worth it.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great timing for this conversation. I love flying my 130x, but after fixing and flying my 450, I realize just how poorly it flies in comparison. As of 5 minutes ago, I was seriously considering ridding myself of the money pit. It is just as, if not more expensive to fix as my 450.

I have a fair number of upgrades: MH main and tail, OWB and swash. I know I need to purchase the TBRS boom, but just haven't made that step. My original thought was to completely upgrade, including ridding myself of the 3-in-1. It could be pretty sweet, but haven't quite been able to convince myself that a small, expensive machine is better than, say, a 500 sized bird. Thinking...
uh1medic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The beauty of the 130x is it's the smallest heli that has comparable performance to a 450 size heli.

But flying a 450 in front of your house or in an underground parking structure when it's raining is a bad idea for anything more than a hover.

The 130x can be flown anywhere with minimal risk of damage to life or property.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
....<snip>....

The 130x can be flown anywhere with minimal risk of damage to life or property.
Not to mention to itself. Crash a 450 like you do a 130X and you are searching for parts.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in