Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Xl CDE build

I just purchased an XL CDE, It is assembled but I want to disassemble it and build it myself from scratch. There is quite a lot of fasteners and parts left over so i think the guy who originally built it may have missed a few things( I may be wrong).
Which of Bob's videos should I use, the SE build or should I use the Xl HDE build videos?
How much if any play should there be in the main rotor blades? If I take the blades in either hand and pull they separate nearly 1/4 " This seems like a lot to me but I am new to heli's and just learning.
Thanks,
Kevin.
stikflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2006, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The left over parts are from the spares bag. if he missed something out something would be flapping about.

use the SE setup, the only difference is when Bob does the servo arms, you will have to set all the servo arms and CCPM mixing arms up at 90deg. the push/pull links will not be parallel but you will be able to split the difference (even both sides through the centreline). just make sure the servo arms are parallel to the main shaft and that the collective arms are also parallel.

the base point is given to you by the elevator assembly. it has to be setup 90deg at middle stick and 0deg pitch (this is a little tricky as you only have a fairly small lever arm to line up with the main shaft), then level the swash up to that setting using the links between the collective arms and the swash.

from there on up it is the same as the SE.

there should not be much more than about 1.5mm between the blade grip and the head block. the bearings can slide in the blade grip and allow the blade grip to slide towrads the head block. centrifical force will keep them properly seated. but make sure the blade grips are pulled out before spooling up as the shock load when the blade grip slips on the bearings into the seat could break stuff. the vibrations would be terrible till the blade grips both seated properly.

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in