Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDE head on 600N??

Hey guys,

My 600N has the old school 3g head with separate phasing arms. I've shortened it slightly 10mm using the EFL shaft and links but it still feels blah. Just feels inconsistent and sluggish in some directions while more responsive in others. My CG is spot on.

I was thinking about going with the KDE FBL head and dropping it down close to DFC levels. My thoughts here are for one it's going to be clamped tighter to the mainshaft, sit lower, and phasing should be much better than eyeballing it and messing around roll testing.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this head on this bird and how you liked it? Dropping $200 in parts on an airframe you practically can't give away isn't really high on my list of things to do, but then again it's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying an N5C just to find something that flies a little better.

Thoughts?
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not just get a DFC head?
They work fine

I have them on my 600N & 600E
Also, my 700N
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
Why not just get a DFC head?
They work fine

I have them on my 600N & 600E
Also, my 700N
Never liked DFC.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The new Align 600 FL head will fit the 600N using the 3G 600N shaft.

Using some M3x26mm~ bolts, the swash driver slots will clamp it to the main shaft as well. My 600N with this rotorhead has about 50 flights so far, and there is zero slop between the mainshaft and rotorhub.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchekas View Post
The new Align 600 FL head will fit the 600N using the 3G 600N shaft.

Using some M3x26mm~ bolts, the swash driver slots will clamp it to the main shaft as well. My 600N with this rotorhead has about 50 flights so far, and there is zero slop between the mainshaft and rotorhub.
The new 600FL head sits at the same height as the 3g head. Actually mine sits lower because I'm running EFL shafts and links. Only advantage I'd really gain there is integrated followers and more clamping. If it sat lower I'd be all over it like white on rice.

Incidentally I had a clutch issue the other day which required me to pull my head and this time I must have done a much better job on the phasing because it's actually a lot better now. I still think the lower head profile would result in tighter faster flips/rolls. but I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger until I hear from a few people how the KDE head has improved or made any difference on the 600N. I may be waiting a while.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
The new 600FL head sits at the same height as the 3g head. Actually mine sits lower because I'm running EFL shafts and links. Only advantage I'd really gain there is integrated followers and more clamping. If it sat lower I'd be all over it like white on rice.

Incidentally I had a clutch issue the other day which required me to pull my head and this time I must have done a much better job on the phasing because it's actually a lot better now. I still think the lower head profile would result in tighter faster flips/rolls. but I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger until I hear from a few people how the KDE head has improved or made any difference on the 600N. I may be waiting a while.
I believe you are mistaken, the latest FL head uses a shorter rotor hub than the older EFL head.

http://www.alignrcusa.com/index.php?...oducts_id=3113

This I believe is the version you are thinking of http://www.alignrcusa.com/index.php?...oducts_id=2122
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm looks like you might be right, but then again nothing in the spec says so, just one looks longer in the picture. Maybe worth $30 to see.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure about the EFL head but I have the KDE head on my 600N and it fly's like a dream.
Bavarian Demon Flight Team #HIGHONHELIS
DUCDOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I upgraded my FBL to a Neo from a silverline a while back and the feel of the bird improved significantly. Probably just a coincidence of some type. None the less I've been flying the old 3g head with the EFL shaft for some time now and I'm very pleased with this setup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in