Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Castle Creations Quick Tip videos

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx for posting that Bob. I am about to setup my 120.
It seems I have not properly setup my 50 or 80 previously for auto bailout. I figured apparently like an idiot thought clicking the box to enable was it eh?
Watching video when he sets it up he makes normal tc flat 0. He never says ok when done make normal flat 30 or something. So if in set rpm mode and you wish auto feature you must run flat 0 on normal and lose one of your headspeeds? Thx
Best regzrds,
Tom

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

No, you just change the normal mode curve to 0-30-30-30-30. This way you can arm your ESC at low stick, but still spool up/take off/fly/land in normal mode if you choose.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
No, you just change the normal mode curve to 0-30-30-30-30. This way you can arm your ESC at low stick, but still spool up/take off/fly/land in normal mode if you choose.
Ty sir now it makes sense you gotta have that first 0

Old 09-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

No problem, sar. I'm using Set RPM gov mode, and that is the curve I use for normal mode.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can also use Throttle Cut as a Zero/initializing button on your TX. I use a DX6i and mine is a momentary press button. As long as its held i get Zero Throttle. Other TX's may have a Toggle switch that you can momentarily actuate to let the ESC initialize.

This method enables me to keep my Normal mode in a flat curve (30-30-30-30-30) and fully utilize it for actual 3D flying (and not accidentally go full negative and hit 0 Throttle as mentioned in BOB's method of 0-30-30-30-30).

This technique works well with Auto Bailout enabled as your TH setting is usually a good bit above Zero Throttle after you configure it.
Herc_FE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another technique I use is using Throttle Cut to act as my Zero Throttle for ESC calibration. That way I can keep full 30-30-30-30-30 curve and keep it as a legitiate throttle setting to fully fly with

I have a DX6i, so I am limited by 1 IU and 1 Normal setting. This technique gives me full use of 2 seperate curves when using the SET RPM mode.

As mentioned by BOB, you need a zero position somewhere for the ESC to initialize. With his method, you can still use Normal set at 0-30-30-30-30, but you cannot really do any 3D or potential full negative collective, as you may hit the 0 throttle position, and cut throttle. If you set up Throttle Cut to let your ESC see zero throttle, you merely actuate your switch (Or press the button on the DX6i) to have the ESC initialize.

This technique works very well with Autorotation Bailout, as TH tends to be a good bit above zero throttle after your calibrate your TX, so TH will not let you initialize the ESC on powerup.
Herc_FE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Nice tip for those who use transmitters with a Throttle Cut feature.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am gonna have to rethink losing one of my curves to enable faster spool in bailout. Normally I arm esc with th then spool at midstick. Its not like I am going to be practicing autos with 3K helicopter, I really want 3 3D curves 1950, 2050, and 2150.
Now that I am finally able to mess with it again I think I will just set the endpoints and run the flat curves for now…

Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Maybe there's some kind of programmable mix you could do for a Throttle Cut, then you could set up your curves like FE did.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Maybe there's some kind of programmable mix you could do for a Throttle Cut, then you could set up your curves like FE did.
Still contemplating it about to plug it all in to 50 volts set endpoints I hope it doesn't explode…

Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob - when initially setting throttle endpoints on the esc where is your throttle trim on the radio, is it mid range (50%) or low 0%
Thanks Mark
mark1950 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1950 View Post
Bob - when initially setting throttle endpoints on the esc where is your throttle trim on the radio, is it mid range (50%) or low 0%
Thanks Mark
Trim is neutral (mid range). I also have it disabled in case the trim lever gets bumped without me noticing it. Some radios have that feature, some don't.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome stuff I saved like 90 on this 120 CC and it will not recognize full throttle, oh joy no receipt. I get the 12 lipo beeps thence run DX7 to the stops no recognition. My previous experience with Castle on my 2 others you hit 100 pretty much easy on the top then with the 50 or 80 you end up 120ish at the bottom on spektrum. kill me now
Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Double check to make sure you have no trim or sub trim on the throttle channel and then rebind the receiver. Then try the calibration again. :fingerscrossed:

PS: Also double check for a linear throttle curve in the flight mode you're doing the calibration in.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Double check to make sure you have no trim or sub trim on the throttle channel and then rebind the receiver. Then try the calibration again. :fingerscrossed:

PS: Also double check for a linear throttle curve in the flight mode you're doing the calibration in.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

No trim yes linear I have never seen cc esc go past 100 at the top, at the bottom yes always. Try again tomorrow rebind sick of screwing w it now…
Thx

Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well the good news it accepted the 50 volts from these packs without complaining. it gives correct lipo count beep so it is ready for programming. thence will not accept top stick absolute value. Must think on this prob something stupid.....
Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Make sure you're not in TH?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Make sure you're not in TH?
It was the AR7200BX failsafe causing no pulse to esc for programming, got it straight now, thx…

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in