Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14000kv motor back in stock at last

I saw a review of this motor about 3 months ago. and the results were impressive, allegedly a lot better than the C05M. It was out of stock but I placed an order nonetheless and ordered a 7T and 8T pinion 1.5mm shaft diameter. I got the pinions ages ago but had given up on the motor, yet today I recieved an email saying it had been despatched.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25435
hobbyking Product ID 289000005.

anyway, I'll post a review as soon as I get it. only 21USD shipped to the UK. Pinions from our favourite polish pals , KK Produkcja Mikroanantrieb Producer from gears, pinion and car system motors in poland

Happy New Year, Allan

Last edited by alphonso; 01-01-2013 at 06:13 AM..
alphonso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got one on the way too, for my Mini. It will replace my c05m as well, with a 8t pinion, bought from homefly a long time ago.
sbstnp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ah then it will be good to compare notes on here. The thing is I cant remember where I saw the initial review. I've searched on here and RCG but with no luck.

My current set up uses Hyperion 240's and micro Deans, C05M and 8 tooth. Flight times at 100 flat are 6 mins plus but would swap some of that for more power, hopefully this little motor will do that
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use stock 240mah and some no-name 350mah and my c05m gives me around 4 minutes tops. Will see about this one when it arrives.

I plan to basically rebuild my mini since the frame is cracked and my tail boom is glued in. I have everything I need except this motor. I even have some FBL100 tail motors together with holders and fins. Oh, and my servo holder is toast too. And the canopy. And I shatted a set of blades flying at -4 outside.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
I use stock 240mah and some no-name 350mah and my c05m gives me around 4 minutes tops. Will see about this one when it arrives.

I plan to basically rebuild my mini since the frame is cracked and my tail boom is glued in. I have everything I need except this motor. I even have some FBL100 tail motors together with holders and fins. Oh, and my servo holder is toast too. And the canopy. And I shatted a set of blades flying at -4 outside.
... and it only has one eye, lost to a encounter with a nasty tomcat... and it has a crooked leg, broken once due to actually CATCHING the mailman's truck... answers to the name "Lucky"... Reward if found: I'll take him back so he stops peeing on your carpets.

mnem
"... and he smells funny, and he don't love Jesus..."
mnementh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnementh View Post
... and it only has one eye, lost to a encounter with a nasty tomcat... and it has a crooked leg, broken once due to actually CATCHING the mailman's truck... answers to the name "Lucky"... Reward if found: I'll take him back so he stops peeing on your carpets.

mnem
"... and he smells funny, and he don't love Jesus..."
Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

LameBMX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wich ESC do you use?
Strandbaden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the walkera WK10A LT ESC
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphonso View Post
I use the walkera WK10A LT ESC
do you know what the difference between that one and the WK10A L7 is?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got all I need now, except some free time. Sheesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130120_130055.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	385933  
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxide1 View Post
do you know what the difference between that one and the WK10A L7 is?
are you sure your not misreading L7 as LT lol had to ask. I'm not aware of the L7 or if it would work I'm afraid.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Got all I need now, except some free time. Sheesh.

good stuff. mine shouldn't shouldn't be too far behind. Is that the oversky XP7 and BLheli flashing thingumajig. What is the smaller of the 3 circuit components?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
are you sure your not misreading L7 as LT lol had to ask. I'm not aware of the L7 or if it would work I'm afraid.
definitely is "L7" is on the tag or the walkera double bl esc... did a little research last night, it seems to be the tail section or the esc.... but its VERY hard to find any info... the "LT" is a tail esc as well isn't it?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes it is the tail esc fitted to a few different walkera helis. I think the difference in part numbers betwwen all the different WK10 LT's is simply the length of wire and style of connector, just like with all the different walkera 120 size servos, same servo, different wire length.
You have to solder some wire to supply power to the RX board if its not the WK10A LT as supplied with the WOW brushless kit. From memory I think the plug and play ESC is the part number HM 43 one. I have both the PnP version and one I had to add wires to and they both perform the same.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
good stuff. mine shouldn't shouldn't be too far behind. Is that the oversky XP7 and BLheli flashing thingumajig. What is the smaller of the 3 circuit components?
Yeah xp-7a and flashing rig. Above an to the left is the 10A V3 ESC which will replace the XP-7A

Gonna use the 7A on my v120 to go 2s, as the 10A doesn't have a BEC. Got a 8T 1.5mm pinion too (actually 2 of them) but it's not in the picture.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine dropped through the door just now. I've put the soldering iron on to change the plug and will report back shortly. Ooh I'm a little excited.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right then, first impressions. Massive punch and high rpm, just in normal too. Switched to idle up flat 100 and it felt as poppy as my Gaui 200 FES. This is indoors so outside should be very good and hopefully no bogging.

Holding the heli in my hand and going full pitch showed very little drop in rpm, it actually pulled the shaft out of the main gear after a few seconds. This obviously wont happen in the air as the heli wont be held down, quite amusing though, and bodes well.

I used an 8 tooth pinion for these first flights and flight time was only 3.35 minutes until low voltage pulsed the ESC (this is fine and doesn't harm the hyperion 240's). this is down from 6.20ish with the C05M and 8 tooth pinion. I was kinda expecting this so have the Loctite drying right now on a 7 tooth pinion.

I also had noticeable wobble. but my feathering shaft is not as firm as it was so shall file a little off the shaft while i'm waiting. I also had a split on the elevator servo holder which I'm changing too. I spun the motor up before fitting the main gear and it was smooth with no resonance.

Back to the PH 00 driver, report back later after trying the 7 tooth pinion.

Allan
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

And I still haven't gotten around to mount mine up.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to know if your RX gets a bit jittery. forward flight is ok but I'm getting vibes. It seems to be purely from the high rpm.

Also I just broke the tail at the fin so gluing that back on right now. The 7 tooth is noticeably noisy compared to the 8. If I can sort the resonance this motor is going to very good, the power is really something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in