Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Easily Stumped

What an absolutely heavenly day here in upstate new York. Perfect day to enjoy the 4503D. Only problem at this moment is that i'm left slightly stumped. Here's what the problem is:
The right hand stick's functions on my DX6i is backwards, when I would want the helicopter to fly and drift left, the swash plate moves as though im giving it normal "right" input. I tried to use the "reverse menu" and reverse the menus and doing that didn't fix the problem. How can I fix this problem? Can anyone explain to me what the problem and how to fix it? This 4503D in particular was just rebuilt and new savox servos were installed. I'm totally stumped..hmmm
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I pretty much changed all the reverse options except throttle. The swashplate was out of function each time and when back to the stock settings, same problem persists; Right control stick on my DX6i has reversed desired effect on my 4503D.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

swash mix menu-multiplied alieran value by (-1) and I'm good to go !
Old 05-11-2015, 03:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar problem when I was rebuilding mine and reinstalled my servos except the front servo would lower and the two rear servos would lift the swash when increasing collective. I just reversed the connections of the two rear servos to the receiver and it went back to normal, therefore I didn't have to change any of my original transmitter settings.

I must have mixed up the order of plugging them in from that of when I disconnected them or something. I was relieved when it worked.
1:1 Heli's Past: SK76, UH60, BH206
Jeremy A is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah well I just realized that I didn't fix my problem. The helicopter still isn't behaving right when spooling up to lift off. Something must be plugged in wrong so im going to double check my connections and or try to switch around the plugs on my receiver input. Hopefully its an easy fix
Old 05-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

USman - my "off the top of my head" recommendation would be to create a new model in your radio, unplug all servos, and then start over from scratch with servo connections and setup. I realize this may seem like the long way around, but it would be a good way to start with a clean setup and give you the option to carefully review each step. Since you've already changed servos and are familiar with setup, doing this won't take long

It seems odd to me that reversing things isn't having the desired effect, so I'd start fresh and look at it as such.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds good thank you. Im going to setup a new model in my TX and then use the stock settings and then just start fresh with the servo connections and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 05-27-2015, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also I was leaned towards considering getting these servos to replace the stock ones, I think im going to give them a try:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...log_Servo.html
Old 06-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It doesn't get any weirder. Finally sitting down with my 4503D, I realized that the connections into the receiver are correct, but the tail servo was controlling another function so oddly enough the servo that sits the highest on the frame is plugged into my gyro and wherever that servo plug was is where my tail servo is plugged in and finally I've achieved proper rudder ( tail ) function. Now I'll try reversing some of the channels and see if I can finally have this flying again.
I'm just wondering what the problem is here. Obviously things aren't the way they are supposed to be?
Old 06-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty sure I got it figured out now. I was waaay off with the wiring into the reciever

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in