Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've read all the posts here and see some glaring problems:
1: Is Augusto the only person that works for this company ( I don't know him though it sounds like he is the owner)? Most companies have a staff of employees. Surely he can't take the orders from the carbon extreme website, invoice them, pack and ship them, restock the parts and manage all the duties of an owner by himself.
2: There are two team pilots, or ex team pilots that know nothing about anything.
3: No one with any information has put up any sort of post that gives the current situation any clarity.
4: I have not received my order with carbon extreme, which was placed the first weekend of May, nor have I had any replies from the two emails that I sent through the website.
5: This may be all my fault. I bought a Whiplash, then MA promptly went out of business, now I bought 2 Mostros, and it feels like the same situation, yet without letting us know anything. I apologize to all of you if I caused this. Let me buy a Trex and see what happens. Lol.

I suspect, which is worth less than the bug splats on your main blades, that there is a financial problem, and if there's a trip overseas, as mentioned, there may be sales conversations happening. The product is as good as a heli can be, really the best I've seen, so if my conjectures are in the ballpark, let's hope a buyer or partner is found. The personal side of loosing a business has to be life altering, and the insult to injury is that this was a perfectly designed product with several innovations on track to succeed.

The Whiplash backlash at least gave us opportunities to buy old inventory and used frames, so if you wanted to keep yours flying, which is the path I chose, it was possible. This product is too new, so if Avant stops production and support, we won't have that option.

My guess is that someone is probably reading this (would the owner of a company just all of a sudden stop paying attention and capriciously just forget about it?). If there's a pending deal, it's normal to keep it hush hush, but a simple post telling the customers that things will get better is innocuous enough, and yet encouraging enough that it seems wise to me, unless there is no hope and they want to liquidate what's left and disappear.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I might be partially responsible also, I'm afraid that because I thought highly of the Whiplash and think that the Mostro is far better, therefore the companies are doomed to failure. I bought another Mostro kit from Amain ( the yellow one) just in case they stop manufacturing them.
Oh well I guess it takes more than a fantastically engineered product that flies better than any other Heli to succeed.
Hopefully we hear some good news about Avant soon.
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still believe that everything will be ok agusto is a very wealthy man and no fool. Just not a great businessman its a good thing he still got a day job. Keep the faith people we we all get what we need soon (ish)
blade nano s2
fatboyrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too believe the Mostro is a superior product and it's design is cutting edge. Unfortunately this product is only as good as it's support, which has become sketchy. The launch of the Aurora had the same problems, but I thought they were all left behind when the new factory was built and the Mostro was released; apparently not. I had originally thought maybe they over anticipated the interest in the Mostro and are not selling enough kits to pay the bills, but if this was the case, there would plenty of kits sitting on the shelves. Perhaps it's just the whole canopy issue, you can't put kits together without 'em. As of right now, we can only conjecture of what may be going on. One thing is for sure though, Avant has a major PR problem. I don't need know dates when to expect something (frankly I wouldn't believe them anyway), I just want to know what's going on.
T-Rex 600N
DaleT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Amain has a huge discount on the Mostro N right now. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. If so, that means I'm going to have 5 paper weights. 3 MA helis and 2 Avant helis. As mentioned earlier he isn't the only person running the place or working there. Isn't there a VP, Operations manager, Production manager, or customer service manager. I hope that everything is ok on the family front.
gr8t1dini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm still here too guys. It will all be okay. You'll just have to hang in there a bit longer.
Clarence Creer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sure do hope so. I've had an Avant since it's inception. I was one of the first few people to buy the FX kit and I still have it!
gr8t1dini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8t1dini View Post
Amain has a huge discount on the Mostro N right now. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. If so, that means I'm going to have 5 paper weights. 3 MA helis and 2 Avant helis. As mentioned earlier he isn't the only person running the place or working there. Isn't there a VP, Operations manager, Production manager, or customer service manager. I hope that everything is ok on the family front.
Curious about the huge discount on nitros at Amain. I see them for $948 which is retail price.
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseppala View Post
Curious about the huge discount on nitros at Amain. I see them for $948 which is retail price.
Add to cart. $200 off.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still no word, from anyone.

Unacceptable and just plain sad, to be honest.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

just noticed they have updated the news page on the website only 3 days ago,

http://avantrc.com/index.php/the-new

so they must still be alive?
tony stevens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exactly. Wish people would stop with the nonsense speculation.

Tom
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Exactly. Wish people would stop with the nonsense speculation.

Tom
Tom, in all fairness speculation is all we've had to go on for a couple of months now - up until your posts yesterday.

I wil make a suggestion, please notify the company (whoever that may be right now) that people are sending emails and not getting replies. There are people that can't fly right now and aren't getting info from the company.

We are all willing to wait, and understand delays. It becomes difficult to stick by avant when we are basically being ignored. Thank you.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 06:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch-Itch View Post
Tom, in all fairness speculation is all we've had to go on for a couple of months now - up until your posts yesterday.

I wil make a suggestion, please notify the company (whoever that may be right now) that people are sending emails and not getting replies. There are people that can't fly right now and aren't getting info from the company.

We are all willing to wait, and understand delays. It becomes difficult to stick by avant when we are basically being ignored. Thank you.
I will get in touch with the factory and let them know.
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have sent three E-mails with no reply over the last three months, with no reply ..SO i guess I'm joining the "crowd" .... ( My other heli. Co. to go under was Outrage )
1helimech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ie i have my main blade grips from my nitro kit that are out of spec and become stiff when i tighten both to feathering shaft.

I contacted avant about this beginning of may and followup almost every week. I haven't heard anything from them. Then last Thursday i contact amain where i bought the kit and they said they'll try to contact avant and i haven't heard anything from them, probably because they can't get in touch with avant either.

This is making me seriously consider telling amain to give me a refund.

I fly and love the electric (and used the electric head to fly the nitro and love it too). But if i can't get a kit i bought to fly with the original parts that came with it and can't get any response to fix it, i have to return it.

The lack of response from avant and the lack of shipping from their website also makes me very hesitant to wait out my head issue. But id rather not change to another nitro!
Old 06-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
Ie i have my main blade grips from my nitro kit that are out of spec and become stiff when i tighten both to feathering shaft.

I contacted avant about this beginning of may and followup almost every week. I haven't heard anything from them. Then last Thursday i contact amain where i bought the kit and they said they'll try to contact avant and i haven't heard anything from them, probably because they can't get in touch with avant either.

This is making me seriously consider telling amain to give me a refund.

I fly and love the electric (and used the electric head to fly the nitro and love it too). But if i can't get a kit i bought to fly with the original parts that came with it and can't get any response to fix it, i have to return it.

The lack of response from avant and the lack of shipping from their website also makes me very hesitant to wait out my head issue. But id rather not change to another nitro!

Its not Amain's fault that avant makes parts out of spec. Not Amain's fault that Avant does not respond to emails. Ill be shocked if Amain gives you a refund. They use to be all over that . But with the drop in heli sales and Manufacturers not fixing there issues and reimbursing amain , Amain will tell you to contact Carbon extreme .

The best thing is to Try and Keep contact with Avant and solve the issue. Also Tell other your experience With AVANT, tell them to do the research before they Dive in to a heli and to read the forums and see the Negative. I fell it the the trap once when it first hit the market .

Best of Luck with the heli.

Last edited by matt blaisdell; 06-11-2015 at 04:30 PM..
matt blaisdell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I understand it isn't amain fault and why I'm trying to resolve. But if i can't and don't have a product that works i have a right to get it working. If amain will exchange great.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
I understand it isn't amain fault and why I'm trying to resolve. But if i can't and don't have a product that works i have a right to get it working. If amain will exchange great.
You are Correct. Hope it works out for you

matt blaisdell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just built an electric Mostro and the one way bearings were installed backwards in the puley after no response from avant I was forced to order a new puley from Amain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in