Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Goblin 570 - 650-62 - competition or non ?

I'm sorry for being a generic question asker but I did search a bit didn't find much on the subject. I absolutely love my Xnova 4025-560, works mint except I don't like the way it fits have to cut open the canopy to clear it nicely.

So I am looking into buying my first Kontronik, the bird is Goblin 570 12s. Is that competition motor such that it can be used for someone like me who is not an expert flyer , just a guy whos out having fun or is it totally out of place. I don't wanna run the comp if it was not intended to be run the way I'll be running it, but as long as I'm not harming it if I'm not running super hard then I want the comp !

For example, the xnova basically never bogs for me. And I'm just running a castle 120hv which I'm sure doesn't have its governor setup perfectly but close enough for me.

I would rather get the comp, but if you guys think its really a bad idea to get a comp and not run it really hard all the time please say so and I will get the regular pyro.

Thx !!
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same question and I bought almost the same setup (not built yet) as you.

My planned setup is: Goblin 12s, Kontronik HeliJive 120+ HV, Xnova 4025-560. From what I hear the Xnova is a great motor and no slouch at all.

So, I am wondering too, whether the Kontronik 650-62 regular or competition is worth it or not? If I would only get 2:30 or 3 minutes of insane power, then that is not worth it to me. But Kontronik motors coupled with Kontronik ESC's are supposed to be really efficient. So, I'd like 4:30 or longer with great power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
I'm sorry for being a generic question asker but I did search a bit didn't find much on the subject. I absolutely love my Xnova 4025-560, works mint except I don't like the way it fits have to cut open the canopy to clear it nicely.

So I am looking into buying my first Kontronik, the bird is Goblin 570 12s. Is that competition motor such that it can be used for someone like me who is not an expert flyer , just a guy whos out having fun or is it totally out of place. I don't wanna run the comp if it was not intended to be run the way I'll be running it, but as long as I'm not harming it if I'm not running super hard then I want the comp !

For example, the xnova basically never bogs for me. And I'm just running a castle 120hv which I'm sure doesn't have its governor setup perfectly but close enough for me.

I would rather get the comp, but if you guys think its really a bad idea to get a comp and not run it really hard all the time please say so and I will get the regular pyro.

Thx !!
Old 11-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Comps do not need to run hard all the time you wont damage anything they offer more power,I think a regular 650 on 12s in a 570 heli is plenty personally but thats just me only you can decide, Heres a Banshee 700 with a pyro 650
Nico Niewind - Banshee 700 + Pyro 650 (4 min 36 sec)
Old 11-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Comp versions are also more efficient as regular Pyro motors, as they are supposedly hand wound, but then the XNova motors are also single strand hand wound and pretty efficient with great power. Pick your poison, but personally will stick with the Xnova as they are hard to beat at their price point.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Comp versions are also more efficient as regular Pyro motors, as they are supposedly hand wound, but then the XNova motors are also single strand hand wound and pretty efficient with great power. Pick your poison, but personally will stick with the Xnova as they are hard to beat at their price point.
all kontronik motors can be considered hand wound. The difference is that in the comp version the wire is larger gauge so the machine that simulates hand winding on the regular versions cannot get the larger wire in between.

Hand wound is a loosely used term it seems for larger single strand wind.

As far as the efficiency goes the comp motors are only more efficient at higher sustained amp loads. so for example if you light sport fly with a comp versus a regular the regular would actually use less power from the batteries to output the same amount of power to the heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in