Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunick View Post
Will the the tail boom from a MSRx work? I haven't figured out what size the MSRx is. I know the 120sr is 3mm I believe.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-BLH320...ht_3221wt_1059
The tail boom on the msrx is 2mm. Also just to inform you the tail boom that is stock on the msrx is not even adequate for it. Most Msrx owners consider the mcpx tail boom to be a necc mod to get these to even fly right. The msrx boon is shorter by about an inch..extending it with the mcpx boom moves the motor out of main blade wash out plus being further out the tail motor does not have to work as hard.

All.that being said the 120sr is much bigger and although I dont own one my guess is the mcpx tail boom even if upgraded to a3mm aftermarket version would still be much too short for the 3x bigger 120sr.

Also note the stock 120sr boom is a good mod to add.to the mcpx...as it has the same effect as the above mod on the msrx. It would make more sense to me to find a longer boom for the 120 rather than a shorter which the mcpx surely is.
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did you mount it? Any pics?
Harmwalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucmanhtritue View Post
I do upload a picture to show mSRx main motor compared with 120 tail motor (without the plastic cap, but i do measure them from the metal part). The mSRx main motor is about 3mm longer than the 120 tail motor. Sorry if the picture is too big

I also use 1200 mAh battery (as its labeled), weight about 2 times stock battery, fly time is about 8~9 min. After a flight both motors get a little bit warm (if i hover, cool->normal if i fly around (both are indoor))

I do not own mQx, but i also think that these motors from mQx are the same as mSRx main motor.

link to bigger img: _http://i.imgur.com/TRKIJ.jpg

How did you mount this motoer? Any pics?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelicrasher View Post
The tail boom on the msrx is 2mm. Also just to inform you the tail boom that is stock on the msrx is not even adequate for it. Most Msrx owners consider the mcpx tail boom to be a necc mod to get these to even fly right. The msrx boon is shorter by about an inch..extending it with the mcpx boom moves the motor out of main blade wash out plus being further out the tail motor does not have to work as hard.

All.that being said the 120sr is much bigger and although I dont own one my guess is the mcpx tail boom even if upgraded to a3mm aftermarket version would still be much too short for the 3x bigger 120sr.

Also note the stock 120sr boom is a good mod to add.to the mcpx...as it has the same effect as the above mod on the msrx. It would make more sense to me to find a longer boom for the 120 rather than a shorter which the mcpx surely is.
Just get some 3MM carbon rod and make your own booms. You will nee the RK Tail motor mount and strip the wire out of a stock tail boom.

Much cheaper in the long run!

Oh no...
Oh no... not again! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmwalker View Post
How did you mount this motoer? Any pics?
You just put it in. It has same size as the default, only the length of motor is different (as showed in pic)
sucmanhtritue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucmanhtritue View Post
You just put it in. It has same size as the default, only the length of motor is different (as showed in pic)
Oh thanks! The pic looked like the motor on the left was had a larger diameter...
Old 03-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmwalker View Post
Oh thanks! The pic looked like the motor on the left was had a larger diameter...
I thought the same...must just be an illusion
Heli-cat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone know what the weight difference is?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got mine, I didn't resolder though, I just plugged it in backwards, but I'm lazy.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Darn it. I did this msrx main motor and I still have the wag! I even soldered to the board.

Tomorrow I'll try a extended boom!

James
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still not been able to get my hands on a motor, let us know how that extended boom goes bud
stonednbroke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried a lot of lengths today and I feel that 8 inches is the best, but I still have tail wag!

I put the motor back into the msrx, I will just use the new stock tail motor I feel there was no big difference between the two motors.

James
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I replaced mine with one and can't tell much difference. But the price is the same and it looks like it ought to be beefer with longer wires to work with. If you break a wire on the original tail motor it's like trying to solder hair.
bunick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in