Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 11X

Any thoughts on the new 11X? Pre-order for $749. Not bad for a top shelf radio. Seems like it might be a nice full feature alternative. I presently have a DX7SE, and like it just fine, but I really wish it had the governor setup feature. I believe the 9303 and 9503 also have this as well, but the programming always seems to be my biggest challenge as I end up using mixes that are suggested on here to get by, and they are always a challenge for me.
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are a couple of threads about it.

Looks wierd, but I am probably going to get one.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
pck
Registered Users

Been using the 11X for abt 2 weeks now and absolutely loved it!
Some neat features I have noticed so far as compared to my previous JR9XII :

1) You can move between func list and system list easily within the menu (no need to hold ent+power on)
2) 3 Timer options with programmable switch selection for each timer
3) Lower voltage warning programmable (great for using Lipo Tx batts )
4) SD memory card up to 16GB, BUT you cannot select the models in the SD card. You have to copy from the SD card into the one of the model memory before you can use it.
5) Pitch and Throttle curve variable 5 point setting (you CAN choose the location of the each of the points based on the TX stick position to set the points)
6) A new Tail Pitch curve option
7) you can now assign a switch to a function simply by toggling the switch
8) you can also give a name to each of the flight modes
9) Option to turn RF on/off (saves power when used for flight simulators I guess)
pck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about programming functions for interaction?
Felt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

for anyone following the 11X release in USA, Amainhobbies which previously listed that they would have stock 5th May will not in fact get stock until a week after very early June.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am currently thinking of switching to the 9503 myself, First of all I love my dx7, I to, have to use mixes for my gov, but works flawlessly, but man the 9503 looks nice, do I need it, no. Another thing, I use my dx7 to its full potential, as far as its channels and features in the in heli mode, I don't have a bunch of unwanted menus which is nice. I think if I didn't have a big investment in my rx's, I would buy the sd10 airtronics, Thats a sweet radio for the price, shitload of options, lock-out menus you don't use, and fastest on the market. F-Bob did some nice vids on this. Dude that 11x is ugly, looks like some crap from star trek, but I'm sure its a sweet radio. I will have me a 9503 sometime I hope. Good luck with decision.

josh mcormick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

JR at Toledo was saying June.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I'll get one. Looks like a lot of usable features and I don't look at the radio when I'm flying plus if it's ugly enough maybe nobody will steal it.

Pinecone. Since you've held one, is it a lot bulkier than the JR 9xxx. From comparing pictures it doesn't appear to be.
GreenCello is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know why everyone says the 11X is ugly. I love how it looks. It make the currently available TXs look like bricks with bolts stuck in them.
I was planning on selling my 600e to grab the Aurora until I saw the 11X. So I held off on the 600, as I didnt want to blow the proceeds before this was available.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kenn,

Your Avatar-Silence in the Library?

On another note-I am very interested in the 11X and am looking forward to posts by early adopters.

I think it is a great looking radio!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
pck
Registered Users

Well, I have been using the 11x for abt 6 weeks now and it's been great. I threw in a lipo tx pack since day 1 and haven't had any problems at all. I did the same also with the 9303 previously and it ran without problems for years. I guess the electronics used in JR trannys are of good quality.

The initial sticks on the 11x was pre-set a little too soft for my liking. Being a 3D heli flyer, I prefer the sticks a little more stiff. But this was easy to fix. Just had to open the cover and tightened the springs-screws to increase the stiffness.

While it's great that we can now go directly into the systems menu without having to turn off, then on+ent key, the problem is everytime when I selected a new model, I have to turn off the TX, then turn it ON again, in order to turn on the RF module. Otherwise, I would not be able to fly the new model.

It would be nice if there was an option to turn the RF back on again without having to turn the TX off. Unless I am missing something here....
Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
pck
Registered Users

Default Careful with throttle curve setting!

One very important note:

In the throttle curve menu, at 0 throttle stick pos, you will find that the throttle value is set to 14% by default! I guess this is probably meant to keep the nitro engines running for those nitro flyers, but this also means that the throttle is NOT ZERO and is really hazardous for electric flyers! I found that out the hard way when my heli spooled up suddenly when I turn off the throttle hold function!!!

So please take note and set this down to zero,
Old 06-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

pck,

Thank you!

Great information!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

got my 11x on the 061110 friday been having an awesome time with it programing wise..
there is one thing that i want to change on it the rolling selector switch i wish they made it in metal the stock looks kinda easy to break.. i dont know iy the x9303 has the same rolling selector maybe i can put in the metal upgrade selector
Biboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

pck,

"In the throttle curve menu, at 0 throttle stick pos, you will find that the throttle value is set to 14% by default! I guess this is probably meant to keep the nitro engines running for those nitro flyers, but this also means that the throttle is NOT ZERO and is really hazardous for electric flyers! I found that out the hard way when my heli spooled up suddenly when I turn off the throttle hold function!!!

So please take note and set this down to zero,"

Thank you for posting this. Because of the information that you provided, I was aware of this before it caused me a problem.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't recall mine being that way. The thing I was a little disappointed with was the 3 point throttle and pitch curves, until I noticed the little "ADD" in the lower right corner next to the bottom button... 7 point curves are more to my liking. Even though I don't use them with the electric heli's that I fly. I also noticed that 2 point "curves" are possible by deleting the middle point.

Mike
Smash McCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pck View Post
While it's great that we can now go directly into the systems menu without having to turn off, then on+ent key, the problem is everytime when I selected a new model, I have to turn off the TX, then turn it ON again, in order to turn on the RF module. Otherwise, I would not be able to fly the new model.

It would be nice if there was an option to turn the RF back on again without having to turn the TX off. Unless I am missing something here....
Not sure if you got a pre-release version but when I turn the RF OFF and the light turns red, once I switch models and hit LIST then the RF light goes from red to blue which means its transmitting again.
http://www.jaxrc.com
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got to fly mine very briefly this morning.

It worked well and felt great from an ergonomics standpoint.

I like it!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
I got to fly mine very briefly this morning.

It worked well and felt great from an ergonomics standpoint.

I like it!
I agree the feel is better at first it looked big but as i held it was actually comfortable it did not feel that my arms are to tight holding the older smaller X9303 .. it also felt lighter .. i was just a bit disappointed on the balance from the lanyard holder it was tilting toward your body .. i would have to find the correct balance strap holder for the radio
Biboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
pck
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
pck,

"In the throttle curve menu, at 0 throttle stick pos, you will find that the throttle value is set to 14% by default! I guess this is probably meant to keep the nitro engines running for those nitro flyers, but this also means that the throttle is NOT ZERO and is really hazardous for electric flyers! I found that out the hard way when my heli spooled up suddenly when I turn off the throttle hold function!!!

So please take note and set this down to zero,"

Thank you for posting this. Because of the information that you provided, I was aware of this before it caused me a problem.
You are most welcome! I just don't want others to suffer any unnecessary injuries like I did. Luckily, my heli was only a 450 sized and i only suffered minor cuts and bruises on my arm when it spooled up suddenly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in