Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

FYI 2 more videos posted in the first post.

Stick Adjustments and Binding Modes. I think this is a very important video as the manual was totally unclear on this subject.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
FYI 2 more videos posted in the first post.

Stick Adjustments and Binding Modes. I think this is a very important video as the manual was totally unclear on this subject.

Bob
Hi Bob did you have trouble uploading the last two video's I can get the in the box video fine, but with the last two I get this message :=

File does not exist please contact the systems administrator

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sorry... during upload and check I messed up the file name. All should be working now.

Bob
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry... during upload and check I messed up the file name. All should be working now.

Bob
Great Bob just watched them bind one should help people new to walkera a lot, often get confusion where people don't realize you must plug in the heli in the first few seconds.

fixed ID is much better

Regards David
Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

DocD... the FUN part is learning as I go... Walkera's manual honestly could use some work so I hope the HECK I am helping people with this as I had to learn myself

I mean seriously... realize I am working from ground ZERO and I know some have experience already with this heli AND the Devo radio. Those that do, PLEASE feel free to chime in and educate me

Bob
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
DocD... the FUN part is learning as I go... Walkera's manual honestly could use some work so I hope the HECK I am helping people with this as I had to learn myself

I mean seriously... realize I and working from ground ZERO and I know some have experience already with this heli. Those that do, PLEASE feel free to chime in and educate me

Bob
I don't think there's anything really different about Walkera that you would have problems on Bob. You'll do just fine. Basically all the things you taught on spectrum tx follow the same principle.

I agree however... the manual... ehhh... could be better.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I mean seriously... realize I am working from ground ZERO and I know some have experience already with this heli AND the Devo radio. Those that do, PLEASE feel free to chime in and educate me

Bob
Yup the walkera manuals are written in chinglish a very special language indeed but cheer up Bob they are getting better they no longer use terms like the switches of dip. But you will get "Enjoying update the latest program and copy model data" type of thing probably down to the Mandarin / English translation software.

biggest problem is not the grammar though its the bits they leave out they could really do with some good technical proof readers to make sure the manuals make sense.

Regards David
Old 10-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to point out that Fixed ID shown by Bob doesn't work with 2801 Pro, even if TX is capable doing so with
other RX (Ex. 2702V).
dado099 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I never tried the ID feature on the 2801 pro, and usually wondered why some RX did come with a bind plug. From that video I suppose that maybe similar how the older one works, but I'll prolly stick to random codes. I think I threw away my bind plugs anyway.. I suppose its just a jumper.

Heh.. after reading the last post, I suppose I'm not even going to try, though it looks like a very faster setup as an alternative. I'd have to say the 2801 pro binding process (random ID) is about the same time.

I do use lipo's for my TX's.

And I haven't seen it posted, but it looks like WowHobbies does have a lipo for that TX:

HM-UFLY-Z-33: Battery, Also fits the DEVO 6 Walkera/Devention transmitter

Can't say if it would be a problem using that battery for Devo 8/12 for say.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-techie View Post
I do use lipo's for my TX's.

And I haven't seen it posted, but it looks like WowHobbies does have a lipo for that TX:

HM-UFLY-Z-33: Battery, Also fits the DEVO 6 Walkera/Devention transmitter

Can't say if it would be a problem using that battery for Devo 8/12 for say.
Devo 8 probably would take the battery, Devo 12 no but it comes with its own rechargeable single cell lipo battery

the fixed ID was always more difficult on the 2801 you had to go through the fixing procedure twice and it only worked with certain Rx'a such as the 2801 pro Rx and the 2702, feedback is that it does not work with the 2801/Genius combination

Regards David
Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I asked Walkera directly if they support a 2S lipo in the Devo 6 and they said yes. Here is the Email. I edited out the contact info for obvious reasons.

Dear Bob,

Yes, you can use the 2 cells li-po battery in the DEVO 6.

Many Thanks & Best regards
2011-10-14
Guangzhou Walkera Technology Co., Ltd.
RC Helicopter & Airplane!
Web: http://www.walkera.com
Tel:
Fax:
Working time:Mon.--Fri.

发件人: Bob White
发送时间: 2011-10-14 01:28:48
收件人:
抄送:
题: RE: Video of Genius CP.

Sheila, does Walkera support a 2 cell lipo battery in the Devo 6?

Bob
Old 10-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

Great to see Bob and I was so impressed with that little tranny in the Boiling Crab - can't wait for the flying vids
Old 10-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, i tried everything mentioned in the binding video and i still cant get my heli to bind with the devo 6. the red light just keeps fast blinking no mater what i try. everything is brand new so i dont get whats going on. anyone got some ideas as to whats going on? thanks
mattvit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

you may have tried this
Lower the throttle all the way to the bottom & the throttle trim
And check all the switches are all facing up and away from you

Mic
Thunder1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can think of a couple of possibilities, first you may be taking too long to connect the battery to the models, It must be done during the first few seconds, some have even connected the battery first then switched on the Tx, its not recommended but works, do not touch the sticks binding the binding process.

Second its either a damaged or wrong Rx, there are two different Rx's one for Devo one for 2801 pro, you could have the wrong one.

Regards David
Old 10-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I agree however... the manual... ehhh... could be better
Its a manual? If its anything like the one the v400 comes with its a random collection of chinglish that makes little sense. Heres my favourite bit

"All the original equipments have been adjusted well before departure from the factory."

Really? So my pitch curves are nicely matched and the helicopter didn't do the jump of death when I switched it for the first time?
krobinson103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seems clear to me. The equipment was adjusted "well before departure" from the factory. In other words they sat on the shelf for so long that who knows what shape it's in. lol

PS Don't complain. Contact the mfgr. and offer to re-write english manuals -- for a fee of course.

PPS Rethink. Do complain alot. Then make the offer. Better chance of getting the job.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob just hit the pay now button on my genius cp devo 6 RTF just wondering if you will be putting up a video for beginner settings on the devo 6 keep up the good work
Mark
skejah1063 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes they will be up tonight! I did not get them up last night but they are completed and will be up tonight.

Bob
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob your a Star
skejah1063 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in