Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2016, 01:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 450 build!

Hey guys,
As some of you may know, I'm an avid 130X/180CFX/300X flyer. I've rebuilt them many times over, so I feel I'm ready to take a next step in this hobby...*drum roll* To build my own 325 mm blade size bird!

So far I've picked out the following components:
ALZRC 450 Pro V2 FBL: http://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-Devil-...-p-992865.html

(x4) KST 215mg clones (EMAX ES9256):
http://www.banggood.com/EMAX-ES9256-...r-p-88191.html

Turnigy AE45 Amp ESC (or YEP40 or Talon 35)
Have it on hand!

Yellow K bar running 5.3.4 PRO software:
http://www.banggood.com/KBAR-V2-5_3_...-p-919124.html

6S 1700KV Tarot 450MX motor:
http://www.banggood.com/Tarot-450MX-...-p-927383.html

GENS ACE 1400MAH 6S1P 40C 22.2V
https://www.rotorquest.com/index.php...9&search=22.2v

What do you guys think?
GodsLt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2016, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

For your Alzrc 450, get the kst 215mg(cyclics), for the tail a kst 515mg.

A Hobbywing 60A Platinum Pro V4 ESC.

As for the motor get the Align 460MX 6S 1800kv, if that's too pricey get the Ntm 6s 1700kv motor(make sure to oil the bearings on a regular basis, just a tiny bit). That tarot motor is not that good, the internal quality is very poor unless you know how to balance a motor and check the workmanship inside, pay special attention to the grub screw, you'll find it's not properly seated on the shaft so you may need to correct that, i'd stay away from that one.

As for the gyro, I'm a big beastx fan they are so easy to setup, no need for software or funky dongles.

As for the lipos, get ones that has a high C rating. 45C or over. Thunderpower has them but they might be a bit too pricey. Shop around.

As for those Alzrc Carbon Main Blades, I've used the 380mm version, they are not too bad, but the quality of the paint could be better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mb.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	633818  

Last edited by gimbleguy; 02-06-2016 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: Syntax
gimbleguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2016, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have built three 450 Pro's over the years. I like the design, but sometimes things are a bit hidden inside the frame, like the servos.

ALZRC has proven to be ok-ish. Tarot 450 Pro is similar quality. Still, you are better off to replace a few components with original Align ones.

I would get the real KST215s rather than the EMAXes. The price is the same, if you shop around. ALZRC DS452MG is also a good option, and won't need that big BEC.

The YEP is much better ESC than the Turnigy. But neither of them has big enough BEC for the KSTs. Hobbywing Plat 50A is great, and so is the new Plat 60A. Both of them are big and bulky for the Pro, and probably overkill for 6S which only needs 35-40A. Personally I would get the YEP...

The Tarot 6S 1700KV motor used to be nice, but the quality has gone down lately. Same thing applies to the NTM motor. You may get a good one if you are lucky. Align 450MX and 460MX are excellent for the Pro. A new budget choice would be GARTT HF450L.

The GensAce LiPos are good. The 1400 40C is quite big for the Pro, I would go for the 1250 45C instead. The 1200 40C is also ok.

Good luck with your build!
Dr.Rudder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2016, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the best frame. The front battery tray sits lower than all others to allow for 6 cell. Only alzrc does this.
I had one of the main shaft bearing lock up on me. Make sure that the main shaft and frame is perfectly square then slide in the main shaft and spin it up with a drill
Make sure the main shaft slides in smooth
Crashtestheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Dr. Rudder: Do you have a quick list of Tarot components that you would prefer to replace with Align? I've read things the main shaft and TT gears from Align are better. I've also seen some discussion about Align tail parts perhaps being preferred. Does that match your experience?
Old 02-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I've read things the main shaft and TT gears from Align are better. I've also seen some discussion about Align tail parts perhaps being preferred. Does that match your experience?
Yes that is my experience as well.

In my current two 450 Pros' I have replaced

- main shaft
- main gear center hub + OWB
- all tail gears & tail shaft (with the XXW Align parts)
- FBL swash follower arms

The rest works ok with Tarot parts.

I have also tested Align gears, both main & tail, but the difference is marginal. If your Tarot gears are not wobbly, then they are fine. That said, every time I have had wobbling main gear, it's been the OWB! What it comes to the OWB, Align is much better. Smooth, no wobble, properly centered. In fact, I can't remember having a 100% working clone OWB...

Of course, Align gears are quite cheap, so it is non-issue to use them. In fact, I am now only using black Align gears in my birds all around.

The main shaft is clearly a weak point in the clones. Often you get a bent shaft straight out of the box. Just use Align... saves you from lots of headache...

If you have non-DFC FBL head, then I strongly suggest fixing/replacing the swash follower arms. Very often the clone parts get jammed if tightened too much. This _SHOULD_ not happen in the first place, if the bearings are installed correctly. Once again, replace with Align, or fix them yourself (new bearings & washers).

Finally, I have also replaced all bolts and bearings in my birds. Both Tarot and Align screws are made of black cheese. Get some proper 12.9 high tensile bolts, and you will never have a rounded head or snapped bolt.

Bearings, on the other hand, simply wear out. I buy new bearings in bulk directly from a factory in china. Like 20-100 pieces each. And simply replace them every time you work on it. The smoothness is soothing

Hope this helps!

EDIT. ALZRC is about the same quality as Tarot. Mostly good!
Dr.Rudder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in