Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is the 2801 Pro worth buying for the CB 100?

I am wondering if I should spend the extra money to get a 2801 Pro or should I just use the stock one?

My current heli's and equip are:

Carbon Edition Belt CP V2 - On its' way
Belt CP V2 green box (kit) - " "

Spektrum DX8

Walkera V200DQ02 - Currently flying and figure I could use the 2801 Pro with it.

Going to order - CB 100 from Wowhobbies with all the upgrades (2.9g tail, ect.)

I figure I might as well go big and get the kit for $419 with the 2801 Pro, extra blades, batteries, and an aluminum case.

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas.

I'm trying to buy the best electronics so they can be used later on other more advanced heli's/planes. Hence the reason I bought the Spektrum DX8 for $325 (used once, but everything is still in the original box with everything still in plastic.
Hol3shot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes if plan on buying more advanced heli's from walkera that are 2801pro compatible.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think a decent Tx, like the WK-2801 Pro, gives you the ability to set and fine tune various settings for your helis, plus the smooth and consistent feel of the sticks helps your flying.

I use the WK-2801 Pro for my V400D02 and my Genius CP. Been very happy with it. For all my E-flite / Blade / Horizon Hobby stuff, I use a DX7. Also a great Tx.

Both are so much better than the plastic-y feeling stock Tx's in my opinion, but keep in mind, the WK is only ever going to fly with Walkera helis.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojack View Post
I think a decent Tx, like the WK-2801 Pro, gives you the ability to set and fine tune various settings for your helis, plus the smooth and consistent feel of the sticks helps your flying.

I use the WK-2801 Pro for my V400D02 and my Genius CP. Been very happy with it. For all my E-flite / Blade / Horizon Hobby stuff, I use a DX7. Also a great Tx.

Both are so much better than the plastic-y feeling stock Tx's in my opinion, but keep in mind, the WK is only ever going to fly with Walkera helis.
Actually, Walkera does make a suitable 8-channel Rx. I use it in combination with a 2801 in a Gaui 200 and it works just fine! I too like the basic "feel" of the 2801. I also have a DX6i and I like the 2801 better for look, feel and precision.
Mikey2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pick up a Devo 8s or a Devo 10. Then install this custom firmware http://www.deviationtx.com It lets you control WK2401, WK2601, WK2801, Devo 6/7/8/10/12, DSM2, DSMx (in the works), and Nine Eagles J6 Pro without ANY modification to the TX. Its badass. I have a CB100 with a Devo 8s. The firmware even turns my Devo 8s, to a 12 channel radio, that supports 255 models. VERY VERY COOL.
SamtheMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Is the 2801 Pro worth buying for the CB 100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheMan View Post
Pick up a Devo 8s or a Devo 10. Then install this custom firmware http://www.deviationtx.com It lets you control WK2401, WK2601, WK2801, Devo 6/7/8/10/12, DSM2, DSMx (in the works), and Nine Eagles J6 Pro without ANY modification to the TX. Its badass. I have a CB100 with a Devo 8s. The firmware even turns my Devo 8s, to a 12 channel radio, that supports 255 models. VERY VERY COOL.
All good advice with the cost of the 2801 Pro it works great on the CB100 Hot Rod that sports the 2605a Rx. It's a crazy insane bird. My advise is just get the Hot Rod and get the Devo 10 Tx that comes with a Devo 1002 Rx. With the firmware mentioned above gives the Devo the best bang for the buck. For $150 it's a steal at half the price of the DX8 plus you get a receiver that works on any bird. There are some features that the Tx has that others have not.

Sent from Mars. Using Mars Rover.
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in