Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Casle Ice75 and 80HV work great after hundreds of flights
Oh, I hope I didnt jinx myself......
wetsu151 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hundreds of flights on 4 Protos all equipped with ICE Lite 75's, all running in Gov mode. Also a pair of Mini Protos w/ ICE Lite 50's, both in Gov mode. No issues whatsoever. When I had a couple questions about Gov mode, Tech Support was wonderful. Couldn't be happier.
rablett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rablett View Post
Hundreds of flights on 4 Protos all equipped with ICE Lite 75's, all running in Gov mode. Also a pair of Mini Protos w/ ICE Lite 50's, both in Gov mode. No issues whatsoever. When I had a couple questions about Gov mode, Tech Support was wonderful. Couldn't be happier.
The LV esc's have mostly been working fine. It's the HV line that is the cremation series.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two Ice 50's and a 100. All working great.

G.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Castle 50 Ice Lite, 120HV and 160HV ESC's with hundreds of flights on them with no problems.

I appreciate Castle Creations coming forward and replacing all of the control boards in the "HV" recall whether they have had any problems or not.

I'm sending my "HV" ESC's in for the update. Postage is such a small price to pay for an upgraded product and piece of mind.

Thanks Castle!

Don C
Sky Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

I have 200+ flights on my CC100 and CC BEC Pro 20A and still going strong.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ice lite 50 in a 5s p51 stang(plank)
and a ice75 in a habu(jet)

Very happy with them in these planes.

I had one in my 425. But that heli is retired.
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

i got a 25 amp a 50amp ice and a 100 amp ice very happy smooth esc's for me i love them
Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one CC ICE 50 and one CC ICE 100 with BEC Pro, all products working great thanks CC

SAB RAW 420 with CGY 760R, Futaba Transmitter T16IZSuper !
Xsiluro is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC 25 is light in weight and heavy with features

My HK250 lost some weight and gained amperage and features.

USA marketed with a guarantee that the Chinese cannot match and I hope I will never need.

Flawless performance so far with the defaults or governor mode. Thanks CC
Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

129 flight's on my CC ICE 80HV/700E flying 3D,no issue's at all .
Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

1000+ flights total on 5 cc, 2 of which are hv. No issues. Great customer support when setting up the first one led me to buy 4 more and sell all other brands.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default A good workman doesn't blame his tools

Now, I've had probably close to a thousand flights on my Ice 50A on my flybarless Beam E4 and the Ice 100A on the Logo 500se without any issues whatsoever.
The only problems I have had have been when I myself have cocked up and either missunderstood something about the programming of my radio or miss programmed the CC settings, like inputting the wrong number of poles of my motor.
It is far too easy with such an involved sport as ours to blame our tools.
I know very well that some people have legitimately had problems with their CC equipment, but I have personally found it excellent, and could not have been happier.
I do try never to overstress my equipment though and try to make every effort to match equipment sympathetically to its use. I would, however, like to try the vbar governor and didn't realize that the workaround software fix is on its way, but only when the 'HV' fix is finished too. I would really like to have a fair gestimate from Castle Creations about how long this might be please. Castle Creations - any ideas yet, I did originally read 'Ju - vember"?
Andy
AndrewJHawes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have had issues with Castle products, but unlike some other companies, they nut up and take care of it. I am the proud owner of a CC120HV and I just got it back from Castle for the 3rd time. Unlike some others, I'm not angry in the least.

Now if I'd owned a first gen. BEC pro that took out 1100 bucks worth of electronics, I'd be severely pissed, but I dont trust any BEC at it max rating anyway, especially with a 50V source
Old 10-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #115 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael503 View Post
but unlike some other companies, they nut up and take care of it.
I know this has been discussed to death and nobody wants to hear this anymore but while I can read posts about a lot of stuff about Castle that is not true and not be bothered by it, there are still a few that just have to be commented on.

This isn't anything personal on you michael503 and I'm not going to get into a multipost back and forth thing on this but of what you just said and I just quoted.... nothing could not be as further from the truth as could be.

You can deny it all you want based on your own personal feelings and maybe opinions on your experiences but above and beyond anything Castle almost to a psychotic level lied and refused to own up to this thing completely till they had absolutely no other choice.

Again not going to go through the banter or even going to spend the time siting for the hundredth time all the counts of this as anyone can go through the time line and see that, but they completely did nothing of what you said.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have CC ESC's on everything I fly and 10A BEC's on a number of them. Never had an issue!!
WickedDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny thing, I read a rant on the Kontronik thread about how crappy Kontronik's customer service is. You don't hear crap from them for a very long time. So that's what I would get if I paid the most expensive price on the planet for an ESC?

I like CC. I haven't had any trouble with the ice 50 and ice lite 50 I have.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have always been castle guy.
i have posts on the first page of this thread.

about 2 months ago bought a jive, and the main reason was i wanted something with built in bec.

but today i did the first flight of my logo 600 3d PROUDLY powered by ice 2 paired with vbar governor.
what a combination

now thinking to go back to castle with my 700
invertsick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011, 04:56 AM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had a CC Ice 100A for the past couple of years - it must have a couple hundred flights on it with no problems. I love the fact that I can connect it to my computer but best of all I live the recently discovered governor mode! I had been using throttle curves up until a couple of months ago.
I also have a Ice 2 HV 120 on my new 700. The kit came with the older 120 which I sent in before using it so had no experience of that one but to dat the Ice 2 has performed perfectly.
I now want another Ice 100A for my new 550 that I am building but it seems that there are non for sale anywhere!
As for customer service, every time I have contacted CC I have always had a very quick response and find them to be very helpfull.

We must remember that it is small companies, like CC that make the economy go around. The big companies get lots of tax breaks and other benefits (because they employ lots of people). These smaller private companies are the ones that face the biggest burden of taxes.
jonp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Ice 50 lite is A OK

Copterx 450 PRO test hover using KBDD Paddles (1 min 24 sec)
kingchord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in