Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

Hi guys. I need to be honest. My v100d03bl is more stable than Genius CP bl. I don't know why people talk about Genius like about miracle helicopter, when v100d03bl actually is. But this is my opinion. I can compare them, because i have got both helis. Anyway, you are going to enjoy both of them! Cheers!!!
emil_dimitrijevic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got the same impression with the MCPX and Genius. I also have the M120D01 and in my opinion it flew better. It's been said though, that if your Genius isn't set up properly that you'll find those issues with it.

I believe it's all in the set up.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
I got the same impression with the MCPX and Genius. I also have the M120D01 and in my opinion it flew better. It's been said though, that if your Genius isn't set up properly that you'll find those issues with it.

I believe it's all in the set up.
I have all 3 an my genius is more stable than my d03 but my md01 is also.I have the bl version genius.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree genius also flys better inverted then the mcpx and D03

not to mention its durability and not having to look for tiny links after a lil bump with terafirma

congrats walkera love this heli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q30k...e_gdata_player

video speaks for itself

which lots at hand are lacking of
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup

I hope it is all in the Setup.

I have had nothing but problems with mine. After getting the wrong motor. I found the elevator servo was stripped and not working correctly. That was the reason I could never get it to take off correctly. Because of the take off problems I broke the landing gear.

WOW hobbies was great and sent me the correct motor and new servo, but after replacing the servo, and installing the BL motor I have nad troubles getting the swash setup okay.
Trying to get it so I have Zero pitch at about center stick has been an issue.

Finally got the heli to hover for awhile in 3 axis mode the other day, but it seemed no where near as stable as my mcpx. 6axis mode has not worked at all for me. Even being very carefulll to keep the model solid flat on ground and waiting a minute for the gyro's to level.

I was hoping that using the 6 axis mode it would be easier to fly inside. ( The mcpx is now easier for me to hoever inside.)

Does the 6 axis mode require different duel rates and transmitter settings to be effective?

I have ordered 2 new frames, so I'll need to replace everything again, so I should be getting better at this!

One issue I found was that with the WOW BL motor I could not get the canopy to fit again.
Could someboyd post a photo of the best place to mount the ESC so you can still put your canopy on without problems.

Thanks,
Bryon
bryont is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes Byron its very much in the setup, with all these fast little CP's you also see people saying the MCP X is too fast for small spaces, the genius definitely needs expo to give finer center stick control, inside some dual rates will also make things easier, but these are things for you to tweak we are all different and what I like you may not.

I also dislike 6 axis mode it reminds me of all the things I was glad to get rid of from contra rotators, however that is my personal taste some like Bob L really like it and have it dialed in to give a very docile flight performance.

it may be worthwhile to set up the model in two separate slots on your transmitter one very docile for indoor flight and one for outside where you can really let rip

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in