Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone Else get so frustrated working on something so small!!

So I upgraded to brushless last night and have been having nothing but problems. I upgraded with the Walkera package.

I have had my 4#3b all winter and l had a blast with it. The last month I have not been flying it nearly as much as the head was extremely worn out and sloppy plus its getting warm out so I have been flying my bigger helis.

I went ahead and ordered a new head and brushless upgrade. I put it back together I spun up but the tail would not hold. I went to bed as it was late and adjusted the gain on the rx when I got home from work today. Tail still would not hold it was all over the place. I could tell the gyro was working becuase it was hunting but would not hold.

I have been messing with this thing for several hours and cant get it working properly. Im also having problems with the colar comming loose. I took the whole thing apart but broke the small pin that goes through the main gear!! dont have another one.

I then accidently stabbed my finger with the phillips screwdriver trying to tighten the collar. It went in pretty deep too!!

After I bandaged my finger up I had to put it away. Im not sure Im meant to work on helis this small. It makes me so frustrated!!!!

I wish I would have left my 4#3b alone!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest.

Carry on.
Hurricane 550 is HERE!!! / HDX450 / Blade CX2 / Walkera 4#3b / DX7
jfrock25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yea, I can associate with that. Sometimes working with those tiny screws can be very frustrating, especially if they're in a tight area and require multiple tools to get into place. The poor quality of Walkera hardware doesn't help the matter. I've discovered that having the proper tools can make the job easier. If I find myself getting frustrated(sweaty, shaking hands) I just put it down and come back to it later. Eventually, I'd like to get one of those illuminated magnifiers...I hate when I have to strain my eyes to examine the condition of a screw head.
microair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you upgraded to BL main motor, did you change the tail motor? It looks the same but is different when brushless. The original is too weak.
Cheers
4stripes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, I upgraded with the one t that came in the package with the brushless main motor. I just ordered some parts and threw in a few tail motors so I will attempt again when those come.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I feel your pain! I must say that I actually prefer working on these tiny helis more so than bigger ones... come to think of it, I always wish I would have been a watch maker!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had, am having, the same problem when I upgraded to brushless. I had over extended the life of my brushed main motor with the WD-40 trick to the point where it froze up completely. I tried to apply power and just the tail spun. I tried again with a little more throttle and smoke started pouring out from the body.

It looked like just the main motor wires were burnt up so I just installed the brushless and left the old tail motor installed. I though I would milk out the tail motor until it went out and then put in the upgraded tail motor. I didn't know that you had to install the upgraded tail motor.

When I was installing my new upgraded tail motor I found that my tail wires were melted and chaffed too. So I replaced the tail wire. I forgot to put my home made tail skid on and had to pull out my new tail motor. As I did, the back side of the motor popped off and the guts fell out. It looked like I got it all back together right, but you guessed it the tail still wouldn't hold. So, I ordered and carefully installed another tail motor. Still no joy. I have checked and rechecked every connection and solder joint. I must have burnt up my 4n1. It's the only thing left right? It should be here in a few days.

I'll let you all know how that works out.

Yes, I'm sick of working on these little heli's too. But it's worth every second, of stable, airtime I can get.
brids4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yep, it was a fried receiver. The tail just gives a little twitch every now and then. I can live with that. I also remounted my speed control to the right hand servo. Then put the battery tray back to stock. It look like the pics of the double brushless. Works great.
brids4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I finally got the little guy back out. Put some new parts on and replaced the tail motor! We have flight!! I think the tail motor may have burned out. I noticed the wires were exposed a tiny bit and probably touched each other frying the tail motor.

Feels good to have a working 4#3b again!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1juthMhMFjI

Behind the back!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm impressed! Awesome control!!!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in