Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Im stomped. Need help with cyclic response and collective pitch.

Problem symptoms: no pop in my collective and cyclic responsiveness is very slow.

Background:. Ive had my beastx for 3 years now and it has been my go to FBL because its just that reliable. However, i recently set-up my logo again to double check everything. Collective Pitch is 12.5 degrees. Set up is in extreme mode. However, there is absolutely zero pop. Am i missing something?. Ive tripled check everything. At the very least, even if cyclic is slow, the collective should pop the heli straight up.

Using jive 100 esc btw. When i was setting it up, i unplugged 2 of the 3 wires to the motor. Could this have something to do with it? Should i reprogram the jive esc?

Thanks.
ManilaIce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would guess that if your having "doughts" about the possibility of not setting it up right then why not go ahead and give it a shot. If that doesnt work have you tried pitch boost yet?

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaIce View Post
Problem symptoms: no pop in my collective and cyclic responsiveness is very slow.

Background:. Ive had my beastx for 3 years now and it has been my go to FBL because its just that reliable. However, i recently set-up my logo again to double check everything. Collective Pitch is 12.5 degrees. Set up is in extreme mode. However, there is absolutely zero pop. Am i missing something?. Ive tripled check everything. At the very least, even if cyclic is slow, the collective should pop the heli straight up.

Using jive 100 esc btw. When i was setting it up, i unplugged 2 of the 3 wires to the motor. Could this have something to do with it? Should i reprogram the jive esc?

Thanks.
Change to Transmitter mode and use DR/ATV/Expo on your Tx to get the roll/flip rate you want. Beside that, is there chance that your packs are getting weaker? Have you tried to increase the headspeed?
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You may also need to increase Dial 2 and increase parameter G cyclic response. Consult your setup guide for what to look out for.

I find that these two along with pitch boost affect the heli's snappiness. Give it go.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd also guess that 12.5° of pitch isn't enough. 13.5° seems to be more my personal starting point and 14° is becoming my new value, but I also don't hang out in the end-points as long as I used to so it helps to have that little bit more if you're quick on/off the sticks.

Did you switch to different blades? Different pinion or motor/governor curve? Sometimes when you revisit a model you have an expectation built up in your mind and if it's not immediately like you remember it sets you in a different mood about the craft even if it's virtual the same. Sometimes you gain tons of flight experience between flights on a machine and that makes it hard to get the sweet spot back.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks all. I did notice that on setting L - adjusting clyclic swashplate limit, i could adjust it till it binds in the past. This time, i can go all the way with no binding at all. Not sure why this is but i did not adjust anything as far as servo horns, rod length, etc. maybe this is the cause as i am not deflecting enough?
ManilaIce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think so

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You most likely need to re-visit step J. It's quite likely set incorrectly.

Believe it or not it affects both cyclic and collective in terms of travel, and can lead to poor performance on both when incorrectly set.

If extreme worked for you before, it should work for you again, no need to go hunting round trying fancy settings elsewhere, you need to find the real culprit.

My money is on step J.

Good luck.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in