Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default msr dx6i settings

Thank you so much for this info!! it flys much better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linac View Post
Hi Fetish:

1. Ensure the Tx is turned off.
2. Plug in the battery on the heli. The LED on the heli will flash.
3. Hold the trainer switch on the Tx, and while holding it up - power on the Tx. (Ensure that you are not on Gear Mode and not on Throttle Hold).
4. The Tx will beep and display "BIND" while binding - continue to hold the trainer switch.
5. When the LED on heli stops flashing and becomes a solid light, the heli has been binded.

Good luck and have fun!

-Linac
Fetish636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Subtrim...

Helo my friends!, thanks for the adjust with dx6i, i have one Question!, i can use the subtrim for center rudder?, my Blade mSR is going the left, any problem use subtrim on my dx6i?

PD: Sorry for my english:o, i am from Venezuela, gretings.

Last edited by Masterjesb; 10-10-2010 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: error typing
Masterjesb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterjesb View Post
Helo my friends!, thanks for the adjust with dx6i, i have one Question!, i can use the subtrim for center rudder?, my Blade mSR is going the left, any problem use subtrim on my dx6i?
Hi Masterjesb:

If your tail (rudder) is turning left, you can use the regular trim (not subtrim) and it should not be more than several clicks on the trim tab. The subtrim is for very fine tuning only.

Check out this recent thread on a similar problem: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=249031

Good luck!

-Linac
Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Masterjesb:

If your tail (rudder) is turning left, you can use the regular trim (not subtrim) and it should not be more than several clicks on the trim tab. The subtrim is for very fine tuning only.

Check out this recent thread on a similar problem: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=249031

Good luck!

-Linac
Hello Linac, maked your advise about tail regular trim, and this problem to disappear, the msr maintains his position or so though the tail sometimes to drift left or right i used regular trim and the disappear problem, but when disconnect the battery, and connect again the problem to tail drift to appear again.

PD: Sorry for my english my freinds:o.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello Linac, maked your advise about tail regular trim, and this problem to disappear, the msr maintains his position or so though the tail sometimes to drift left or right i used regular trim and the disappear problem, but when disconnect the battery, and connect again the problem to tail drift to appear again.

PD: Sorry for my english my freinds:o.
Hi Masterjesb:

Ensure that you are performing gyro initialization properly - place the heli on a flat surface and to not touch the heli while it is initializing. Also try using fully charged batteries in the heli and try new batteries if that does not work. There may be increased rudder drift as the battery becomes drained. If the battery is not a problem, it could be a bad gyro or 5in1 control board. Good luck!

By the way, where do you get your parts in Venezuela and how much does your mSR cost?

-Linac

P.S. - Your English is broken but good enough for me to understand - no problem!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This is common and normal. As the battery voltage drops, the tail may drift out of trim. Disconnecting and reconnecting usually re-centers the trim again. If you use better quality batteries, it will not drift as much.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi Masterjesb:

Ensure that you are performing gyro initialization properly - place the heli on a flat surface and to not touch the heli while it is initializing. Also try using fully charged batteries in the heli and try new batteries if that does not work. There may be increased rudder drift as the battery becomes drained. If the battery is not a problem, it could be a bad gyro or 5in1 control board. Good luck!

By the way, where do you get your parts in Venezuela and how much does your mSR cost?

-Linac

P.S. - Your English is broken but good enough for me to understand - no problem!
Hello, the tail drift is so much soft to left or right sometimes, but now the heli to crashed two times today, although there were damage visibles, the heli fliying normal and exception to have shaking fit so much, is the main shaft the heli?

PD: Sorry for my english
Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
This is common and normal. As the battery voltage drops, the tail may drift out of trim. Disconnecting and reconnecting usually re-centers the trim again. If you use better quality batteries, it will not drift as much.
Hello my friend, i thinking this situation is normal but i am not sure, thanks for your opinion, my batterys is original the kit, whats batterys is better for the bird?, also now my mSR to have shaking fit!, i dont know.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Duplicate post - accident. Sorry!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Masterjesb:

Are you new to R/C helis? How much experience do you have?

The "shaking fit" that you describe sounds like damage or something that requires readjustment. This shaking fit is called TME (short for "Tickle Me Elmo" because the heli shakes like the doll). Here are a couple threads on TME:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...t=tickle+elmos

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...t=tickle+elmos

Good luck!

-Linac
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Linac - got my DX6i today and have your settings working. The crib sheet was a bug help. Not exactly intuitive is it?

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron:

The settings on a DX6i are not intuitive and can be overwhelming for a user new to programmable Txs. However, for the mSR there are really only several main settings that are to be learned and adjusted which makes things simpler. Have fun!

-Linac
Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Linac,

This is a long one.

Need some help here with my first programmable tx. I bought a second hand 6i and just got it today, had no manual so I did this by trial and error heh. First thing I realised is that I had better controlled landings but for flight it seemed that response is slower than my stock tx. there is reduced TBE, but I am used to controlling it so it doesn't matter. Mode 0 throttle curve is too low, barely hovered so I changed it and it works fine. One thing that I am confused about is why does my travel adjust values change itself after each flight? Like from 125 to 96 or another random value. (i only done 2 flights so far with the 6i) Another thing I want to ask is that is it normal me to be unable to turn the tx on when not all buttons are in mode 0? And do I have to switch every single switch to mode 1 to change the settings or is switching the switch to flight mode enough? Thanks in advance.
arwins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Arwin:

From your description it seems that you are not completely familiar with the settings and switches on the DX6i, and the interactions with the heli. I'll do my best to try to address your issues. I would like to recommend that you first review the crib sheet: http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Spektrum_DX6i_crib_sheet

While the response of the heli using the DX6i can be adjusted (e.g., through expo and throttle curve), TBE is a mechanical issue on the heli and is not resolved with Tx settings only (e.g., trim).

Travel adjust should not change after each flight. Likely what is happening is that you are toggling various switches associated with different travel adjust settings. There are some switches that will not allow you to access the Tx if the switches are activated (e.g., flight mode and throttle hold) before the Tx is turned on. For my settings, you only need to switch to flight mode for the flight settings to become active and there is no need to activate any other switch.

The settings can be overwhelming for someone new to programmable Txs and I would like to recommend that you start with the default settings first and only adjust one parameter at a time in order to learn what that function does, or follow my settings precisely to start.

Good luck!

-Linac
Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a question :-( probably a stupid one but still

Trying to progam my new dx6i to my msr, just because I'm bored and its fun, but when I look at Linacs list on travel ADJ it has two rows of different directional arrows.................

nevermind figured this one out DUH (only had TX for 1 day, couldn't find anything in the directions to help, but figured it out by reading this HUGE thread

Last edited by Perschek; 11-11-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Perschek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

n/a

Last edited by Perschek; 11-11-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Linac Settings

Just wanted to say thank you for the settings, not so much for my MSR (even though it did help the rudder a bit) but more for my 120sr!! I copied my MSR file to my 120sr file, deleted the Mix1 and wow.... my 120sr handles exactly how I want it, I'd like a little reverse when doing right piro to help keep it in place while in the house, but I'll have to figure out how to program mixes in order to do that, starting to understand..

But for anyone that has a 120sr as well, copy it over to a new model and then switch mix1 to INH and your in business! (change the name of course)

Thanks again Linac.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Perschek:

I have not heard of my settings being used for the 120 SR before but glad to hear they have worked out for you (along with the travel adjust directions). Have fun!

-Linac
Old 11-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Linac,
Excellent post! I was completely confused as to what all the settings were on my DX6i and now it flies my MSR great. Keep us posted with any updates.

Thanks!
ssgtlos1490 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Linac, just wondering if you could post a thread over in the SR 120 forum too here since we've heard it works wonders for that great chopper too. I've been steering people to this thread too (other 4ch fp single rotors other than the mSR and SR 120 who've had questions regarding programming their radios) to see if it works for them too. I just make sure to tell them since I don't know how their servos will react to 125%, I just tell them to lower those values to 100% until they know it's safe for their servos to go past it. The more people we get into programming these things, the better these custom maps will become!!!
VooDuuChild is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in