Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 200SRX

The SR is being replaced with a new 200SRX. It still has an electric tail motor but now it is brushless, & the main blades are fixed pitch. It kinda seems like a bigger version of the MSRX. With the new speed control for brushless main and tail motors it will be easy to convert to a brushless tail now.
tisha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If it's not too expensive ill be putting a 200SRX tail on my SR. Im also interested in using the three bladed tail rotor on each heli also!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That certainly explains the heavily discounted prices for BSRs lately. I too am hopeful that the tail motor and holder from the new BSRx can be migrated to our BSRs.

Last edited by Air Master; 02-06-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Air Master is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Master View Post
That certainly explains the heavily discounted prices for BSRs lately. I too am hopeful that the tail motor and holder from the new BSRx can be migrated to our BCRs.
By the looks of if, It looks like it will! But I'm sure we'll need the new esc also
Old 02-03-2014, 05:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt it's a replacement for the SR. With it being Fixed pitch it makes much more sense for it to be a replacement for the SR120.

That's not to say of course that it could absolutely do what Blade intended the SR to do, which is 'help' fixed wing pilots to get into flying helicopters. This thing with SAFE seems like it'll do the job that the SR never could.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Purchased and flew its maiden flight yesterday. It's not as easy to fly as I thought it might be. Normal mode really limits the bank angle to the point where 6 to 7 mph winds are all out can take. Anything more you need to go to Stunt 1, so you can increase the bank angle to hold it into more wind. In stunt 1 you still have auto leveling. Just knowing the auto leveling is there plus panic mode, gives you confidence you wouldn't normally have without it. All in all the first 7 minute flight was good and got it back on the ground without a scratch.
Blade 300X-CNC Microheli Upgrades-BeastX mod • Blade 500 3D•DX9
FlyTrap7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought 2 blade sr x. I do not like the one I opened. I think im just gonna sell the one in the box. I can only feep this heli in the air with 75-100% throttle. I am I gonna be able to do rolls like that? It cant flip at all!

I hate this heli and now ium stuck with 2 of them. I wish it was a CP heli
Buzzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems to fly pretty good in the video?
Kelvin S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m seriously considering buying the new 200 SRX, but after looking at the manual on the Blade website, the DX6i transmitter is not included in the Transmitter Setup page. Every other Spektrum transmitter and settings is listed. The DX6i is the transmitter that I would fly the 200 SRX with, so I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like it could be a lot of fun, if it performs like it does in the videos.

I wonder though, how well a simple SR version 2 would have sold, if they had re-done the basic SR airframe with a belt-driven tail?

There will always be "haters" of any model aircraft who either don't bother giving it the benefit of the doubt until they get used to it, or who just don't have the skills yet and blame it on the helicopter.

Is there any manufacturer out there who sells a basic, six-channel CP helicopter that just does what a helicopter is supposed to do without all the artificial computer-enhanced mumbo-jumbo? I wonder how something like that would go over? Just a flybarred, collective-pitch, relatively stable bird with a variable-pitch tail driven from the main motor, that comes in a "bind and fly" version as well as an RTF version, and has a nice line of good upgrade parts?

No pie-in-the-sky claims, no magic/bionic crutches, just good aerodynamics, quality construction and ease of maintenance?

This could have been the SR if it had been available with a belt-driven tail. I have thoroughly enjoyed upgrading mine and using it to learn how to fly. With the proper tail and not that silly electric one, I find the machine is a logical extension of what I have learned by flying my mSR.

There is always going to be 2 groups that hate a helicopter like this one: The aerobatic crowd who for some reason buy a beginner helicopter and can't understand why it doesn't fly upside-down as well as they were hoping, and guys who would hate anything because they can't fly.

The first group has the actually aerobatic helicopters to satisfy them, and now the second group has computer-enhanced artificially stable helicopters to have fun with that can fly themselves so well that it doesn't matter whether the pilot knows how to fly or not. The technology is amazing.

I wonder if there is anybody else out there who would buy an SR-sized bird with honest aerodynamics and a proper tail, which could be upgraded enough to satisfy guys who were exploring higher-performance while being simple enough out-of-the-box to teach a relative beginner how to fly, fix and maintain a basic helicopter without needing to resort to baffling computer-magic just to experience rotary-wing flight?

It's possible, if you have the time, to turn a Blade SR into this helicopter with aftermarket mods.

If they came out with an SR like that for about $250 you could learn on something like an MSR and then go outside in a month or so and enjoy a simple CP bird without fapping about with an unreliable electric tail or selling your soul to iphone-era computer-ehanced , artificially stable software-driven mumbo-jumbo and actually fly a helicopter without all the B.S.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin S View Post
It looks like it could be a lot of fun, if it performs like it does in the videos.

I wonder though, how well a simple SR version 2 would have sold, if they had re-done the basic SR airframe with a belt-driven tail?

There will always be "haters" of any model aircraft who either don't bother giving it the benefit of the doubt until they get used to it, or who just don't have the skills yet and blame it on the helicopter.

Is there any manufacturer out there who sells a basic, six-channel CP helicopter that just does what a helicopter is supposed to do without all the artificial computer-enhanced mumbo-jumbo? I wonder how something like that would go over? Just a flybarred, collective-pitch, relatively stable bird with a variable-pitch tail driven from the main motor, that comes in a "bind and fly" version as well as an RTF version, and has a nice line of good upgrade parts?

No pie-in-the-sky claims, no magic/bionic crutches, just good aerodynamics, quality construction and ease of maintenance?

This could have been the SR if it had been available with a belt-driven tail. I have thoroughly enjoyed upgrading mine and using it to learn how to fly. With the proper tail and not that silly electric one, I find the machine is a logical extension of what I have learned by flying my mSR.

There is always going to be 2 groups that hate a helicopter like this one: The aerobatic crowd who for some reason buy a beginner helicopter and can't understand why it doesn't fly upside-down as well as they were hoping, and guys who would hate anything because they can't fly.

The first group has the actually aerobatic helicopters to satisfy them, and now the second group has computer-enhanced artificially stable helicopters to have fun with that can fly themselves so well that it doesn't matter whether the pilot knows how to fly or not. The technology is amazing.

I wonder if there is anybody else out there who would buy an SR-sized bird with honest aerodynamics and a proper tail, which could be upgraded enough to satisfy guys who were exploring higher-performance while being simple enough out-of-the-box to teach a relative beginner how to fly, fix and maintain a basic helicopter without needing to resort to baffling computer-magic just to experience rotary-wing flight?

It's possible, if you have the time, to turn a Blade SR into this helicopter with aftermarket mods.

If they came out with an SR like that for about $250 you could learn on something like an MSR and then go outside in a month or so and enjoy a simple CP bird without fapping about with an unreliable electric tail or selling your soul to iphone-era computer-ehanced , artificially stable software-driven mumbo-jumbo and actually fly a helicopter without all the B.S.
I understand your request, but I don't believe you'll see any more New flybar helicopters. At this point it is a dead technology.

I think you would be surprised how great the 200 SRX flies. The tail is really rock solid, and the bank angle limits can be removed with the flip of a switch.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
I understand your request, but I don't believe you'll see any more New flybar helicopters. At this point it is a dead technology.

I think you would be surprised how great the 200 SRX flies. The tail is really rock solid, and the bank angle limits can be removed with the flip of a switch.
I actually think the 200 SRX looks awesome. I just haven't gotten used to the helicopter mentality, which is so much different than the aeroplane mentality. In the aeroplane world, biplanes for instance are a "dead" technology too, but people still like and build them. I'm an airline pilot in real life, and what you said about the bank angles is just about exactly what people say about the Airbus aircraft: "You can disconnect the computer and fly it yourself any time you want". As a matter of fact it still takes quite a bit of skill to operate one but as a result of the capabilities of the enhanced systems the general public now believes they "fly themselves" which is not true.

Just so, I took my upgraded SR to work the other day and showed it to some helicopter pilots and my friend Gary who is a retired helicopter pilot. We had a great discussion examining the helicopter and talking about the controls and the resemblance it has to various Bell and Hiller products, Gary even thinks the blade grips have a bit of Hughes in them. If I took a "modern" model helicopter in to show real helicopter guys, there wouldn't be much to say other than, "Well, it's all software really, it's not like a real one".

It's too bad that helicopters that fly well just through natural aerodynamic and mechanical virtue are becoming extinct. I really like the 200SR, but I sort of feel I've already outgrown it. I'm sure I would enjoy playing with it, but since I'm an "airplane" guy, I respect aerodynamic and mechanical sophistication over electronic sophistication. At work I like machines that make my work easy; I have hobbies to challenge myself.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy-G. View Post
I’m seriously considering buying the new 200 SRX, but after looking at the manual on the Blade website, the DX6i transmitter is not included in the Transmitter Setup page. Every other Spektrum transmitter and settings is listed. The DX6i is the transmitter that I would fly the 200 SRX with, so I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
I too would be interested to know why the DX6i is not listed in the manual for this
Little heli. Would be a shame if all the people who already have a DX6i are not able to use it and are forced to pay the extra for the stock tx.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_G View Post
I too would be interested to know why the DX6i is not listed in the manual for this
Little heli. Would be a shame if all the people who already have a DX6i are not able to use it and are forced to pay the extra for the stock tx.
DX6i can be used, just doesn't work exactly like other radios. Read on this thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=625083
Old 05-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks For that Brian, I may just get one of these to mess around with now.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a video I ran across on YouTube.

Blade 200 SRX, Tuning, Looping | nanoheli.net: [ame]http://youtu.be/aSb0trLssmE[/ame]
Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WOW!

I just got mine today,,219 with free shipping from ebay, it came with an extra battery. Set up my DX6i like the guy on the you tube video did and Bam she was in the air. This heli is a blast to fly, you can throw this thing around and its near impossible to upset it, I am not a 3d flyer but I have been flying collective machines for a few years and I thought this heli might get boring but I'm very impressed with it I didnt try it in the beginner mode but in the other 2 modes it was great
flyinhiagain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default the vid for the dx6i

[ame]http://youtu.be/3Dfmy8q69zI[/ame]
flyinhiagain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My favorite heli

Had mine for about 4 months and love it.
Blade 300X-CNC Microheli Upgrades-BeastX mod • Blade 500 3D•DX9
FlyTrap7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin S View Post

It would be hated by the people who think it should still be something it was never intended to be!~!

Kevin I could not agree more with you here. The SR was hated for being what it was. It was never "Suppose" to be a full collective pitch helo!~!"

This would be AWESOME to see happen. We honestly need a stepping stone between 4 to 6 channels that works

As did I, I extenced the tail and put on 275mm blades and the SR with the full belt driven tail is a nice easy to fly machine!~!

: clappp

Could you expand this thought?
Whether I fly my SR on the basic stock radio or all the way to my DX18 With the simple Mods listed in other posts. It is now a great little helo.

Micro Body, Micro full head and swash, Extended tail, Hk Align all alum Tail. 1500mill Battery 25-30Burst Bat. CG is right on...

I think You are right on, ON This too. MOST will complain and "ITCH and expect more than they should. KUDDOs to this comment as well dude!~!~!~!~!~!~!
: clappp

Mr E
FAST EDDY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in