Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #41 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Nice Mon!! I like your 4-pt tic tocs and bunny hops......
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Bob, they're still messy as hell, the camera hides a lot of sins especially with that wide angle lens making everything look so teeny tiny
I had a heap of fun that weekend, first time I've had a smile on my face after flying in a long time!

AMA#1058309
Mon_t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered a VX1e to try out on my X3....
Old 09-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing I never understood about the heli market, including myself. Spartan was on top of the Flybar gyro, everyone knew they were the best and everyone ran them. With that type of reputation I thought the Vortex would be a lot more popular.

I am writing it off just as a late entry into FBL gyros but from the looks of it no quality was lost in the transition to FBL. I think the bluetooth app Angelos was talking about will really help push the Vortex brand into the spotlight.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post
I think the bluetooth app Angelos was talking about will really help push the Vortex brand into the spotlight.
For me personally, I don’t see the big deal in the Bluetooth app. The datapod does an excellent job, but then I am coming from Align 3GX which I had to lug the laptop with me all the time to make a major change.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #46 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Not if I'm seeing people's Avatars correctly.

Attachment 536480

I've got no issues with the equipment being discussed. It's the lame double standard that is nauseating.
There is no double standard. Get your FBL manufacturer so start their own thread in the main. All this is for is to reach the people who don't use FB and make it fun and a community. THINK before you call names and pass judgement. Like I said, Angelos approached me to do this because he knows a TON of HF people are not on FB. If your FBL manufacturer was smart and proactive they would be doing the same thing. Making a place besides FB for people who use the product to talk about them. They are welcome to do so. No double standards except for you and your passing of judgement. Take this to PM after this post, and let's not clutter up guys just having fun talking about their FBL unit. The Tech Support is in the Spartan forum for Spartan products. This thread is just for Spartan people to talk about their FBL units and have fun. Any other brands are welcome to do this as well, just none have given a shit to ask and do it.

I also fly V-BAR for the record, just because I have for years and never changed. No double standards, just Angelos being smart about sharing the fun with the people here on HF and not just FB like most other manufacturers. He also supports his products a LOT better than most on HF as well and always has. He asked first, I said sure. Why has your brand not done this and you call me out on double standards? Right......

Coming from the same guy who cross posts and uses heli tech support forums to sell your gear, I am a bit surprised by your posts. But looking at your user notes, it becomes more clear disregarding the rules is fine for you but then you want to complain and say it is a double standard when prior written authorization per our rules was granted. Get BD to start a BD club thread on here and don't whine about when the competition asks and is granted permission to do so when your own brand does not care to take 5 minutes and ask.... or not figure out FB is not the only place people come to BS about their FBL units and have a social conversation somewhere other than FB.

Last edited by WillJames; 09-18-2014 at 05:38 AM..
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Bluetooth app will be good for those who just can't justify the Datapod. Although I feel they would go exact opposite of they ever took the Datapod for try. I went from being a PC setup only guy to only using the DP. It's really that much quicker and easier. And no, I'm not in any way affiliated with Spartan products, just really like em'.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm itching for the Bluetooth app, but I also really want a datapod. Being able to tweak the settings in mid air would be awesome, especially since my radio allows me to assign a trim button to a channel. I could trim cyclic gain while in flight!

My 250 is already flying amazingly well, but I'm a tinkerer and would love to try tuning it. If nothing else that's a great way to learn how FBL parameters effect how the model flies. If you can watch and feel it in real time its going to be so easy to understand.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im officially a Spartan.
Every heli I own is now on Vortex and I have a Quark to go on a JR Vibe 50 Nex im building
Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a Spartan as well Quark on my 500 3D... really nice gyro!

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default New update 3v03 for the Vortex VX1e

We released update 3v03 for the VX1e today. There is no flight critical fixes in it. I just solves an annoying servo jitter that happens the moment the USB cable gets plugged. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to update your VX1e and your settings will not be affected in any way. http://www.spartan-rc.com/products/vx1e/vx1e.php?p=5

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #52 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Old 09-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

In past years, I had a DS760 and a Quark that I set up on a laptop with the Spartan software - very easy and super adjustable. My FB helis been rock solid and never had any blow out issues. So I finally acquired a VX1 for a new 700 FBL earlier this year and thought the Data Pod might be a step backward in set up. But not so - the DP was really simple to grasp and the VX1 was easily the fastest FBL setup I've done. Too dark, but a perfect maiden the next day. (Sorry Tony no help around for a nightlightflight ..but I am willing to try!) The Data Pod is truly easy to use. I have made an adjustment or two at the field since the intial setup and even then it took maybe 20 seconds.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bluetooth not for vortex
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry bob
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos

Last edited by Frequency; 09-18-2014 at 04:34 AM.. Reason: Wrong thread.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
I have the latest update and my VX1E still won't connect with the studio program on my windows 8 based PC.
pcskyhi,

I moved your thread to the Vortex forum. You should get some help there!

As far as the old Bluetooth modules, they will not work with the Vortex.

Sent via phone

Last edited by Bob O; 09-18-2014 at 06:21 AM..
Bob O is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My bad. Bummer bout the bluetooth. but thats ok the datapod will do. Guess i need to find someone with a single axis gyro who needs a bluetooth.
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Old 09-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
My bad. Bummer bout the bluetooth. but thats ok the datapod will do. Guess i need to find someone with a single axis gyro who needs a bluetooth.
The old style Blue-Link uses a duplex connection scheme where one wire is used to send data and another to receive. The Vortex is designed with a simplex interface where the DataPod (and Bluetooth module soon) sends data to the Vortex on one wire; the communication direction is then reversed and the reply from the Vortex is returned on the same wire.

Since you are venturing into microcontroller programming you may find use for your Blue-Link there. It is very easy to connect it to an Arduino and communicate from a serial terminal from the PC. Serial settings: 9600,8,N,1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T0144_02.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	536835  

Last edited by Angelos; 09-18-2014 at 03:39 PM..
Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2014, 04:49 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Club Spartan

Lol you knew right where I was headed. That explains why there is a separate power connection I was questioning that when I got it in my hands. So the datapod and vortex do they run the same clock speed and then send a high signal while the other is low or do they not need to Tx at the same time?
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Old 09-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh and btw the datapod is pretty rad! The way you can do basically everything from it and then pick any setting you want to adjust from your Tx is genius. Well done [emoji106]
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in