Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am new...how do I post questions
I have questions on ecs. seems my esc failed while i was testing it.
New 550E
Not sure if it is hardware failure or did i do wrong.....
If I did wrong what do i replace it with to make sure this does not happen in flight...
Can someone help me understand this?
Thanks
Guy
grecco72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go to the 550 forum and click "NEW THREAD" button. A question is called a thread.. and all answers within that thread are called posts.

550 forum-

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=227
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Central Ohio

hey everyone, new to your forums, and r/c helis in general. I have a Walkera on the way and am in the middle of planning a 450 build. I am a pretty big 'tinkerer', which I think is, at least in some regard, why I decided to take a look into this hobby and Helis. Sure, I will probably build some planes as well (when I was younger I had built several balsa planes but not radio controlled-my first one being a sopwith camel).

I have been in and out of model building my whole life and adding power to them seemed like a great idea for me, so here I am!

-Chris

"Every mathematician believes he is ahead over all others. The reason why they don't say this in public, is because they are intelligent people" - Andrey Kolmogorov
chrcoe01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default edit to my previous post.

After I posted my previous post, I was browsing the forums and saw a CAD/CAM section. Thought I would share that I am in the middle of working on my CNC mill and plan to have it operational by Christmas time. Then I would be working on using it for model building and various other cool things!

-Chris

"Every mathematician believes he is ahead over all others. The reason why they don't say this in public, is because they are intelligent people" - Andrey Kolmogorov
chrcoe01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default new member

Hi everyone! I am from Trenton Georgia. I am new to the RC helicopter hobby. I have started with a blade 120SR. Have about 25 flights on it. Can bold fairly decent hover and keep it in the air at least until battey runs out. Like this hobby better than when I used to fly RC planes a long time ago. Keep them in the air!
cathat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Visit the 120SR forum here on HF... that's where they all hang out. Congrats and welcome to HF!

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240
Old 08-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NFG....

Hey out there, been crashing for just over a year now. I have had the msr, they are ok. The cats love to whack it out of the sky, so I guess that adds to the entertainment. The blade 120 is pretty cool as indoor/outdoor, it broke down some fear of getting up up and away. I also have a blade 400. The 400 is fun. I bought it used, and it was crashed, so right off the bat I was doing repair. I now have it flying smooth, hovering very well, and the stoke is there ! I was able to get the Phoenix Simulator running on my mac.
That was a plus! And in doing so , realized I want to fly larger heli's. So I love the Logo 500, but knew it was maybe a little much for my level of skill. (Way over my level of skill) So I purchased a Ricco SE FBL.(This heli came highly recommended by a friend who happens to be the person who go me into all this). I just finished the build, and waiting on some electronics. (Thanks to Lee from Got Heli RC, he was a great help, as well as the build video's from Kai. I tell you these build videos out there were a MAJOR in the decision making for the purchase of these particular heli's). In the mean time, I said "F" it , and went for it with the Logo 500. I am typing this as I am getting into the frame build. If anyone has any tips for me, let your fingers go nuts! But realize I may not understand half the slang and terms. So lamens terms please...oh yeah, if anyone has anything to chime in on about the Ricco, love to hear that too. Thanks !!......now where did that screw go ...............
DIPswitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am located in the rhondda valleys south wales GB
kevski is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up looking for lessons in the UK

I'm living in the UK ( Berkshire area ) and I'm new to RC Heli flying. I am looking for someone that gives lessons from beginner on up.
Flying Weasel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie introduction!

oh yeah, I forgot to mention... I am in San Jose California. I currently have couples of 450 size helis. blade 400, align trex 450, and KDS 450sv with flymentor. I already crashed the Blade 400 and the KDS and now scare to fly. Yes, I have tried the flight simulator(Phoenix) and doing ok with it but flying a real thing is totally difference. If I can buddy box with someone that may help. Anyone in the area don't mind to be my mentor, I am gratefully to be the student!
tringuyen01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have found , that finding someone like that is pretty tough. Not really everyone wants you to advance, so with that in mind, when you read how so and so did it like this... take into consideration that so and so has been doing this since they came into this world, and flying to them is like that common trip to that common room after coffee. So dont get too discouraged when you read what they put down.,,,,, besides, they will be using terms and stuff you have never heard of,,,,, until you buy it and figure out what they are talking about.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats what will keep you from learning....crashing and not getting back on that saddle. Try a blade 120, you wont be as scared as the 400. faster repair too. not a s mush $$....but its a 120, and not a 400.
and you can fly it anywhere. gives you good practice..... and yes the sim gives you good practice, but you dont get that 3D effect involved (not tricks).
..... now where did that screw go ......
Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would edit my first post to do this but it disappeared. It said it was posted but I don't see it. A Lot of typing for nothing.
shahram72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This one? You need to learn how to use forums.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=333543
Old 08-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see now. Not all forums (very few) moderate new user posts and I wasn't expecting that. I am active on at least a dozen forums and have been using forums since the days when AOL was all we had.
shahram72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah. Welcome to HF! Best place in the world for helis that for sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Old Newbie in Tupelo, Mississippi

Greetings to all my Heli brothers and sisters out there. I'm an old grandpa (5 kids, 8 grandkids) that decided to take up this most trying and awesome hobby!
I'm an RF engineer in the wireless industry so I travel a lot. Currently I'm in Tupelo, MS but will be traveling to the Gulf Coast area soon (or ?? depends on my company). I'm about 2 months old in this and can't wait for more. Can I fly yet? Weeelllll, that's another subject, I can fly my 120SR and mSR, the Gaui I purchased used, flew apart when I first fired it up and my first few tries on my KDS 450 did not end well. However on the bright side, I can repair the crap out of all the these birds, lol. Well that's about it from Tupelo (where?) MS. If there's anyone even remotely close by, let me know and we can group up perhaps. CHEERS!!!
BuzzTIB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Welcome, Buzz! You're in good company here. We get quite a few youth-challenged folks starting out in the hobby; I didn't start until I was 45. I've heard of others who didn't get started until they were in their 60s.

My wife endorses my hobby. There are a lot worse things I could be doing in my midlife crisis.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Bum for the kind welcome! It's been an awesome challenge and thrill and frustration and frustration (yes, I meant to say it twice) and thrill and learning curve up the wazzooo, haha..(hhhmm, sounds like I'm dating again).. The good news about being older is we're usually more determined with things like this as we've learned about persaverance (sp?) and going forward no matter what. Sadly I'm also stubborn and finally picked up the Sim to practice on tonight, much cheaper than fixin' stuff all the time. Have a great day Bum and thanks again mate!
Bert "Buzz" or "Crash99" Lesley
BuzzTIB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default newb to helis

Hi helifreaks!
I'm a newb heli pilot from Devon UK. I'm not new to RC. I started with push-button single channel planes in the early 60's, and was a club RC flier through the 80's, with various nitro powered planes, and slope soarers.
Aquiring a micro 4 channel falcon heli, a few months ago, has re-kindled my interest in RC, and I am now building a clone 450 Pro. My intentions are to enter the world of FPV and heli flying, neither of which were viable options when I flew RC in the 80's, but were often dreamed about!
frequency9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in