Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX Collective and Cyclic Pitch Question

Hi all.
I recently bought a Trex 450 with 3gx and am really enjoying it.
I have set it up a number of times and am becoming familiar with how to do this.

The problem I am having is that when I do the collective and cyclic pitch settings while going through the setup I set both collective and cyclic max. to 10 deg. But when I am finished and initialize the unit I get about 18 deg from the cyclic. The collective is still 10.

I am using a DX7s and my swash settings are:
Ail -71
Ele +70
Pit +42

The simple answer would be to reduce the Ail and Pit settings to around 40. The manual says I can alter the swash settings without having to reset the 3GX but I wonder if I am doing something wrong?

The heli was very twitchy around mid-stick but I fixed this with around 30% expo on cyclic.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance.
mstenbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey.

What firmware are you running? We need to know this to offer advice on why you're seeing the pitch range you are.

On the newer V2 firmware, you set the swashplate mix values while in DIR mode to give 8 degrees of cyclic pitch. The 3GX then stores this information so that it knows where 8 degrees is along the travel range.
Outside of DIR mode there is still more cyclic pitch available for the 3GX to use to control the roll and flip rates, however if binding is observed then using the PC software you can reduce the overall travel limit of the swashplate to stop any binding.

On older firmwares it works a little differently, hence the need to know.
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why would you set everything ot the max and wonder why it's twitchy?????
1.* set cyclic 8-9 depending on your skills and 12-13 pitch, dido.
for 2.0 8 cyclic is a must like coolic mentioned and then in FM settings, set your limits linked up with the cyclic in a corner incremently and use cyclic expo in the software instead of in the TX
Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstenbo View Post
Hi all.
I recently bought a Trex 450 with 3gx and am really enjoying it.
I have set it up a number of times and am becoming familiar with how to do this.

The problem I am having is that when I do the collective and cyclic pitch settings while going through the setup I set both collective and cyclic max. to 10 deg. But when I am finished and initialize the unit I get about 18 deg from the cyclic. The collective is still 10.
I might be wrong, but you do not have an accurate mesurement when the unit is not is DIR mode.Whit the control loop on you cannot measure any pitch or cyclic as the c.l. keep correcting the swash.

Chris
Old 05-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi all,
Thanks for the responses.

Bad007 - Firstly the manual states I should set the collective between 9 and 13 deg. I have set it at 10. That is not "the max". Secondly I am not wondering why it is twitchy, if you read my original post again you will see that this was something I noticed and found a solution for.
Really... 5 question marks? And I'm not really into Dido.

Coolice - I'm not sure what version I have, I bought the heli used a month ago and have not upgraded the software, so I assume it's running 1.2
You have answered my question anyway with the 3GX responding to my set endpoints and then having further travel. There is no servo binding so it's all good.

Chris - you are right about incorrect measurements when not in DIR mode. For the reason Coolice talks about. I have a digital pitch gauge but it's not fast enough.
mstenbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in