Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question My first 7HV build - what should I take care of ?

Hi !

As some of you allready know, I'm going to build a 7HV at the beginning of next week

I've read a lot about the 7HV and many people here on HF answered many of my questions. During that time I focused on finding the optimal components and sometimes I read about mechanical problems, especially regarding the tail.

I would be very happy if you guys could give me useful tips and hints that you've collected over the time. Are there any known problems? What is really important to know/take care of?

Thanks for your support !

Greetings,
Oliver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Size all the ball links!

Ground the tail boom to the motor mount.

Lube the belt with silicone spray or the like.

Check for proper orientation of thrust bearings and grease in both the head and tail.

Check that all the tail parts (like the H arms) move freely and file if necessary.

Make sure you use the link measurements from the new manual in case you have an older version http://ffevj.gfdzo.servertrust.com/v.../7HVManual.pdf

Take your time getting the bearing blocks aligned, it can be tricky. I installed and tightened the motor mount first to hold the frame true during this part. I originally tried it without the motor mount, but things went wacky when I tightened the blocks up.

Hope this helps.

Jason
Old 08-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The boom installation trips a few up. Make sure the boom goes all the way into the tail box, there a two bolts on the tail box that hold the boom in place. You need both of these undone before the boom will be fully seated.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in