Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Blade Fleet...

Took a new pic of my fleet today...
Nano QX
mSR
mSRX
mSRX-BL
Stock 120SR
120SR full Rakon upgrades
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	487936  

Spectrum DX6i, Nano QX, 200 QX, 350QX & 120SR (X2)
Way2fst4u2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!

Which is your favourite?
numbermonkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Right now it’s a cross between the 120SR & the mSR. The nano is fun, but the motors are going after only a short time mSRX is difficult to fly inside.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude. Seriously time for you to go CP. Every one of those birds will be collecting dust the first time you fly a 130X or better.

Edit: And you will be crying when you look back at all the money you spent on Rakon "upgrades" for the 120SR
Old 02-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcworthGator View Post
Dude. Seriously time for you to go CP. Every one of those birds will be collecting dust the first time you fly a 130X or better.

Edit: And you will be crying when you look back at all the money you spent on Rakon "upgrades" for the 120SR
I’m not quite ready yet. I have so much fun in the house with the Nano QX & the mSR. I haven’t mastered the mSRX yet. I am waiting for the 200SRX. I am a “scale” flyer. Have no desire to go 3D so it’s not a huge deal to rush to CP. Both the mSRXBL & the 120SR are fully RKH upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-29 14.54.43.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	488607   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-14 15.59.57.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	488608  

Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not about doing 3d, Cp helis fly nicer and more precise than Fp I know the 200srx looks good but do you really need the safe mode it offers? It seems like you can fly already, get a nice stable 450 and be done with small unstable helis forever. Just my opinion so take it however but trust me the 200srx ain't gonna be any more exciting then the msrx, don't get me wrong the 200srx will sell but it's targeted at complete beginners, it should have been Cp then then have two setups one beginner one advanced, then it would be perfect.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you can fly an mSRX then you are ready for CP. My mSRX is much twitcher to fly than my larger CP heli (130x size) and it handles very much like a CP unlike the SR120. If you get a decent tx you can tone down a CP and it will fly very nice.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default That a good start !

Now.. stop wasting money and move to a CP. Consider the Blade 450X. They are quite inexpensive and boy.. they fly!!:
HarryR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you all for your concern. I am not yet "flying" my mSRX's. I am hovering and crashing. My mSR and my 120SR's are still fun for me. I fly everything with a Dx6i.

When I can fly my mSRX's in the house like my mSR I may consider upgrading...

Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try a nanoCPx for indoors, it flies far easier than the mSRx. Just tame it down a bit in the transmitter and you'll be fine, and learn really fast too.

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltim View Post
Try a nanoCPx for indoors, it flies far easier than the mSRx. Just tame it down a bit in the transmitter and you'll be fine, and learn really fast too.
+1 on this, I've flown the msrx and the ncpx and the ncpx is definitely the better flyer. Just get into your dx6i and program the throttle curve down to 75- 80% flat curve in idle up and use throttle hold in oops moments, have low D/R at about 60-70% add some expo if needed and you'll forget about the msrx or you'll magically be able to fly it very well. The nano cpx is the reason why the msrx was discontinued, and why the new 200srx release puzzles me.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2fst4u2 View Post
Not trying to dissuade you from not having the fun you're currently having, but the MSRX is more difficult to fly than a CP. Sure, the CP is going to be much quicker and faster, you can dial your rate down to 70 or 60% to help. Otherwise, a NCPX or 450x are actually a lot easier to fly. They don't have the quirky flight characteristics of single rotor fixed pitch.

Quote:
A lot of the time you're "learning to fly" the MSRX will end up being spent "unlearning bad habits" when you actually move to CP. The transition is really easy, it's changing the more subconscious twitch reflex habits that get you out of trouble.

I always find 120sr people odd. It has all the bad characteristics of the MSR but multiplied, like it's size. It's not very responsive, it doesn't even like small breezes and it flies horribly. I actually quit rc for over a year because I was so dissatisfied with it... If you can get enjoyment from one of those, good on you.

You should check out the 200SRX I think.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MSRx is quite a bit slower than the Nano CPX and can be contained in a much smaller area for a beginner in relatively fast forward flight. Turning left at speed requires some adjustment, but its not that bad. It was my favorite small back yard flyer for some time.
ToddMcF2002 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m really having a hard time with the mSRX’s...But I am determined. I think my 120’s fly very much like my mSR...they are not great in the house simply because they need more room. They are way more “manageable & predictable” to me...

I have owned an Align 450 (I think it was an Align) in the past and that was a nightmare. I could barely even hover it, but that was a long time ago. One crash and it cost me over $100 so I gave it up.

I rather like the stability of the FP helis, and I understand that there are “quirks” that go with stability. I like the fact I can let go of the stick and it goes back to upright. I’m not sure I would do so good with constant correcting yet. I’ve only really been flying less than 2 months.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Way2fst4u2;5660291

I rather like the stability of the FP helis, and I understand that there are “quirks” that go with stability. I like the fact I can let go of the stick and it goes back to upright. I’m not sure I would do so good with constant correcting yet. I’ve only really been flying less than 2 months.[/QUOTE]

This is where you go wrong with your msrx, Flybarred helis do this when setup correct, not flybarless. The as3x in the msrx makes it stay in the last attitude you put it in, like all Flybarless helis.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The mSRX is not a living room heli. It's twitchy and very fast and because it's a fp it's limited to big sweeping turns. It's best in a gym or back yard where it has room to move and do fast banked turns and stall turns. It also has no more (likely less) inherent stability than a larger cp heli. In short it is no easier to fly inside than any similar sized cp heli. And you can't do the standard small space stuff like flips and inverted hovering. I can fly mine in a decent sized room but very slowly and cautiously. Mostly hover and orientation and spot landing practice indoors. In a bigger space I can let it move and keep it a few mistakes high. Much more fun. But I usually just fly my V120 anytime I'm in a larger area. It's even more fun.

So. Try the mSRX in a bigger space. When you can fly that thing at all you are ready for CP. But you will have to unlearn some fp bad habits in order to fly either the mSRX or a cp bird. It has no auto stability or recovery. But it tracks straight as an arrow compared to a 45* flybar heli.

Ps. Turning requires a fair bit of pitch input. Forward while turning ccw and back for cw. Once you learn to manage the pitch while turning the heli becomes a lot easier to fly and you can start to keep its speed under control. Until you do it will dart all over the place with any rudder input.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
This is where you go wrong with your msrx, Flybarred helis do this when setup correct, not flybarless. The as3x in the msrx makes it stay in the last attitude you put it in, like all Flybarless helis.
Technically, this "return to center" behavior is the hallmark of a 45-degree flybar. A ninety degree flybar will not self correct. FBL is similar to a ninety degree in this regard. The nano QX in SAFE mode acts like the 45-degree flybars you have on your 120SR and mSR. In agility mode the nQX is similar to a typical FBL heli. Although I can fly the FBL CPs pretty well, the self correcting behavior seems more intuitive to me. For those drummers out there, it's kinda like playing heel up or heel down on the kick drum. I can do both, but heel down is more intuitive. Maybe it's because I started flying RC helis that were self correcting, and I started playing drums heel down...
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

All Flybarred helis given enough space will return to center, it's just 45* seem more efficient at doing so. my 500 with the flybar weights all the way out will slowly self correct to upright without stick input given enough space, where as my 300x will keep move in whatever direction i tell it too. Don't get me wrong on the 500 it will get drift but it will either be upright or inverted and it won't just all of a sudden dart off in one direction, but thats how mine's setup to react.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
It's not about doing 3d, Cp helis fly nicer and more precise than Fp
Ding Ding Ding! I do no 3d at all (outside Phoenix). Not even a loop, roll, nothing. Just lots of fast forward flight, turns, dives, rainbows, stuff like that. Is that considered "sport" flying? Anyways, point is, CP does not equal or require a desire for 3D. Do yourself a favor. Spend $99 to pick up a nCPX. Don't up grade a single thing. Fly it in the house with 60% DR and 25% expo. You will be AMAZED at how much more responsive, precise, predictable, and controlable it is compared to mSR or god forbid 120SR (and I have one of those too ).

$99 will change your life. And once you master the nCPX, you can pretty much handle whatever your wallet and guts allow. And $4k later, you will hate me for suggesting you go CP

But as FP goes, that is certainly a hell of a collection!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 mSRX’s I can’t fly...I don’t want to add another one that won’t get flown...lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in