Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch, I had 2 tail servos go out on mine. One time at a most in opportune time.

That's what makes nitros more of a rush.
C #773
Heli$ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

2 hard fights today with the enya 5 and so far so good. Flew it hard on the last flight and the back plate was hotter than usual for me but I could leave my pinky there forever and the temp reading was 120.

So far I've had 3 flights with the Enya 5 and no issues yet!

Praise the lord I may finally have my NX7 dialed in
C #773
Heli$ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent, Heli$!! Great to hear!

I am planning to fire my YS91SRX this weekend. Just blades off, set the idle, get it to run, test. I have some Enya #5 plugs. Man, $10/ea. Hope they last a while. Haven't found them for a bargain like I have OS #8's and Enya #4's.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey guys if the motor starts and runs for about 5 sec till cut off.Isnt that the idle screw since its at idle.need to lean it a little more?
Old 04-22-2015, 02:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the motor is still cold and its shutting off after 5 seconds just blip the throttle a little or keep a high idle until the motor is warmed up. Fly around a bit and get a good tune on your main needles. Land and set a reliable idle with throttle trim. If its still dying after tuning the main needles and the motor is warm then your idle is probably too rich
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Discussion right up my alley too. When I replaced my bell/pinion/start shaft, I am once again also breaking in a new liner. It's darned grabby. Engine can barely run with the head held. Would have been easier if I was thinking better to remove the engine and pipe to access the starter shaft instead and keep running the prior GForce assembly. I just ran mine last night to retest idle and throttle setup. If I turn idle down so it's not very grabby, it won't stay running for long. Switching Vbar over to run without governor is also a PIA, so, I am not bothering with it. Might have to do so in order to get through the break-in period. I did break-in during a single afternoon session on my last YS60sr rebuild. Zero issues. Not sure how this will go. She wants to run, though!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So after about a 2 gallons through it,I noticed that I kept blowing my enya 5..switched to an O.S. 8 and all is well!! Don't mean blowing it but always seemed hard to start with the 5..since I used an 8 no issues....so far!! Motor has tons of power .punches out kind of like an electric.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that is very interesting. So, to me, this is suggesting that it's running a bit on the cold side and needed the hotter plug to run properly.

Since my last reply, I have changed out my new clutch bell/block to my bell with a worn-in liner. So much easier to deal with. I did some hovering in the driveway, Vbar gov, and tuned rich to break-in. Seems fine at this point. Just need to burn fuel. It spooled up very smoothly, and didn't really sputter too much, although there's a fair amount of unburned fuel coming out the exhaust. I will put some more time on the ring before leaning it significantly.

I have had some difficulty igniting the Enya #5. Heavier filament, so more energy needed to glow it. Turned out my Pushglow wasn't up to it. I went to a glow stick until I could find an ignitor which would do the job. The Perfect Regulator one ingitor which I just installed seems to glow it sufficiently. I might get it out tomorrow for some test/tune time.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running an OS8 - it is interesting that some are using an Enya5 which is a very cold plug.

The 91SRX manual states YS2, Enya3 or OS8 which are hot plugs.

I did see/hear that on the original 120 (which had a reputation of being challenging to tune) - some had success with colder plugs.
mdu6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 06:44 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've not had a chance to experiment yet. I took on too many projects this spring. I look forward to getting back to breaking mine in. I've run one tank through it with the Enya 5, but was just hovering. But, it sounded excellent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in