Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default input on getting a cp

a friend of mine is wanting to trade me a blade cp in exchange for the work and parts i put into his traxxas nitro sport. now i dont know enough about the blade cp, so im counting on the "pros" to steer me in the right direction.

im not 100% sure of what version it is, however i know its older and has a yellow canopy. i do know its not a pro. it also has a nimh battery pack if that helps any. he said he has it bound to his dx6i, so im guessing its running a 3 in 1 control unit with a seperate receiver. ill add some more info once i get it from him. i know he got it in a trade with some other stuff and isnt real interested in it. all he has done is try to hover it, although he said he couldnt keep the tail straight. i see there is a gain adjustment to help adjust the tail thrust, but im unsure if thats the issue

basicly i need to know about parts interchangability in the cp line. also, is it a good first collective pitch? i currently have a blade mcx2, msr and 120sr that i fly with a dx6i, so this will be my first collective pitch. how does this heli do in mild breeze? where i am it tends to be breezy all the time (5-10mph), i have a bit of a dificult time flying my 120sr because of the constant breeze.

most importantly, do you think a used cp is worth $70 in rtf condition? thats what he is owing me for repairs on his truck.
Sharkey_t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ok i think its actually an arf version. he says it has a 2 in 1, a spektrum rx and an eflite gyro, although he couldnt remember the model numbers of the electronics. he said it has a 600mah nimh with it.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd pass if I were you. That's an old model that's been discontinued and since replaced with 3-4 upgraded revisions since then. It can be very finiky and got a slew of negative reviews. I'd get cash and save a bit more to either get the mCP or an SR.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stay far away. They are crap. Yellow canopy is the cp+. original version.
thatdude596 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Let's put it this way. I had a blade cp+ that was set up properly and couldn't even come close to hovering that bird. Two advanced Pilots tried and said it was a major pita to hover.both agreed get rid if it fast. I did bought a 400 and have been having success. Get a 400 or 450 to start off with.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok i guess ill pass on it then. the real reason i was going to take it was because as of this point, im not going to get paid as he doesnt have the money for me. i was looking at a blade sr, however after recent dealings with horizon hobby regarding warrenty on my week old msr 5 in 1 failure< i wont buy another new blade heli.

what about parts interchange between the cp lineup? can this old cp be turned into a pro, or a pro 2?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That whole line up isn't to hot. Most parts are interchangeable but he's a difficult heli to fly. Get something bigger better and easier to learn on
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey_t View Post
ok i guess ill pass on it then. the real reason i was going to take it was because as of this point, im not going to get paid as he doesnt have the money for me. i was looking at a blade sr, however after recent dealings with horizon hobby regarding warrenty on my week old msr 5 in 1 failure< i wont buy another new blade heli.

what about parts interchange between the cp lineup? can this old cp be turned into a pro, or a pro 2?

you can swap alot of the parts but you dont want a Blade cp, cpp, or cpp2 . i had the cpp2 JUNK , if you're gonna get into it , go with a 450 or bigger and a simulator
kevinbattista is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well, against my better judgement and what you guys said, i took the thing and $20 cash, its the only way id get paid. the way i look at it is it has a brand new spektrum a6110 receiver so that pays for part of it right away. its not 100% as described, when i looked at it i see a 3 in 1, not a 2 in 1 and a gyro. the thing looks not bad overall, im going to give it a shot, see if i can at least hover it, if not ill throw it up for sale or gut the electronics out of it and go with a bigger bird.

and i already have phoenix flight sim
Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good Luck ,
If you need help with anything , you know where to look
P.S. dont judge what flying a "Real" CP heli is like by tryin to fly the Blade cp.
the Blade is a pita, if you can get used to it then flyin a "real" cp will be alot ezr
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ive had a little better look at this thing, i see i need a blade grip because of what somebody hacked together to fix the broken link ball. aside from that everything looks ok, however im going to go through the entire heli before i try and fly it.

i figure if i can successfully hover this thing itll have served its purpose with me. if i crash it, ill have a receiver for the next heli.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i crashed mine ALOT and it always was an ez fix , parts are cheap and it's ez to work on . once the electronics are dead , just move on to bigger and better things.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just keep it slow n low... Use training gear
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

spent some more time sorting out the electronics. programmed my dx6i with the cp pro 2 factory settings (closest i could find for a starting point). 2 of the servos were hooked to the wrong channel and the tail motor polarity was backwards, no wonder it wouldnt hover. i pulled the blades off and ran the head, turns out the main shaft is bent. i have a few things im going to order for it, however it doesnt seem too bad overall
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wow, tough crowd.
i love my blade. i've recently upgraded to brushless, but even stock I didn't have much trouble with it. comparing it to a 400+ isn't really fair either. being so small and light you don't have much reaction time or stability like a bigger, heavier heli.
I wouldn't recomend it as a heli to learn on (even though I did, along with a sim) as it requires a steep learning curve. get training gear to save you some headache. also an ~1300mah lipo will add more stability. make sure the flybar weights are at the paddles too. you could even add another set of flybar weights to tame it down even more.
I think you got a good deal. the heli (frame, head, tail, canopy) minus electronics, blades and motor was $80 new. add the ~$60 eflite gyro and spektrum receiver, well you get the picture.
and $20 on top of it, that's a deal in my book.
z_man_95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought my first Blade CP 5 years ago, and it had the Nimh battery. The trim constantly changed due to the Nimh battery discharge, and it cost me a fortune in $15 E-Flite blades. Almost got over the hump with it, but not quite. Got interested in dirt bikes, and it sat until November 09. Watching a friend fly his new heli got me hooked again, and I upgraded my Blade to Lipo batteries. Also got some unbreakable plastic blades. Didn't know any better, so I bought a new Blade CP+ as a backup. Got over the hump, and went to a Honeybee V2 FP. Seemed like it flew itself compared to the Blades. Then on to 450 Exi and CopterX clones. Again, these seemed like they were on autopilot compared to the Blades.

I still have and fly my Blades, but I know I would have been much better off financially had I stomped on them a long time ago. I've easily dumped over a grand in those two heli's, but they made me a much better pilot. My state of Zen will be when I can hover them inverted in front of me. Hoping that will happen this year.
rhansen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

went and picked up a few parts today, the only thing they didnt have was the training gear, ill have to go to my other lhs for that, ive seen it hanging on their wall.

ive currently got the 650nimh battery. i weighed it and it came out at 110 grams. i have a couple almost new 2200mah 3s lipos, they weigh in at 145 grams. think it would work ok adding 35 grams to this heli? i know with my 120sr running dual batteries it actually seems a little more stable, although sacraficing a little agility. im not looking at it so much as the capacity increase, im thinking about it because i have them already. once im feeling a little more confident at flying this thing i have no problem spending the money upgrading to a proper size lipo, however right now im trying to keep the costs down (i just financed a new snap on tool box, the toy budget is running a little low)
Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i would have to say "no" to adding the 2200mAh to the blade, but honestly , never tryd
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you could always tape or ca glue weights to the tail to offset the heavy battery. that may be too big of a battery weight wize for the cp. doesnt hurt to try. im not an expert
Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

im going to try a few flights with the 650nimh first, then ill give the 2200 a shot. i guess the worst that happens is its too heavy and get off the ground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in