Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Going Favorite Motor

So after popping the tail assembly off my Pro I was a bit miffed to find the 600MX was the culprit of putting a strong buzz through the airframe.

I noticed a little bit of drift today at 2150rpm on the beast so I went hunting. Tail is essentially vibeless with a belt and balanced blades (also checked by tail removal). Checked gear mesh and that was fine too (both main and auto).

Finally spooled up with just the motor and I found myself the owner of a very obnoxiously shaped women's toy.

Lockeroom hurr durr aside, what seems to be the going top motor on folks' list? I'm tempted to give other motors a shot as I've seen some pretty good stuff about other brands lately.

So far I've seen the 600MX with better bearings, the 700 size Scorp, the new KDE motors, and the Quantum stuff recently mentioned.

I'll probably rebuild the 600MX regardless. New bearings, balance the can, etc. It's put out decent power so far for it's size and having a good backup motor can't hurt.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depends on what caused the motor vibe. If the vibe wasn't there at the beginning, then probable cause is bad bearing(s). New set of bearings will fix it.

If the vibe is caused by out of balanced motor can, balancing the can will fix the issue. Provided if you know how to do it. I tried balancing the can my self but destroyed the motor completely.

If the vibe is caused by the off centered motor shaft (not insert into the can straight). Your best solution is a brand new motor.

I have KDE 600XF530 on my 550 12S for a couple months now and about 20 flights on my 600 Pro. A lot more powerful than 600MX. I am very happy about it and highly recommend it.

Good luck

Cheater
Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Balanced the can to check and it's still there to a degree. It looks like align drilled the can shaft hole askew so it wobbles with a straight shaft. One of the first motors that came with the kits.

The kde motor is the only one I know about that needs no shimming. This true for any others?
I'm really tempted for the scorp since I've had great luck before, but I'm not 100% about tilting the servos even more.

I'm pretty much against going align again when a scorp costs a few bucks more and is less likely to have a serious defect.

(especially irate since I have to find a motor with the fredericksburg fly in tomorrow)

Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, KDE motor is direct drop in replacement no shiming required.

Check this thread out.https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=385643
Only one motor with vibration reported so far and KDE took care of that immediately. KDE 600XF is much more powerful than 600MX. With 600MX, it felt soft under some maneuvers. With 600XF530, the power is there when I dig it. I have to admit my collective management is terrible. The extra power of KDE motor makes flying lot more fun for me.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanted toget the KDE motor recently as my 600MX also started to cause bad vibes, in the 1400's
What put me off was that I heard that it is hard on the batteries and you would need 65c ones, which I dont have so adding to the cost.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsodhi View Post
I wanted toget the KDE motor recently as my 600MX also started to cause bad vibes, in the 1400's
What put me off was that I heard that it is hard on the batteries and you would need 65c ones, which I dont have so adding to the cost.
I may be responsible for this myth. You need a high C rating battery pack to get the full potential of the motor but it is not needed nor required. It is the same as car, to get more horse power the engine needs more fuel. The difference with electric motor is it can still sip the juice when it does not need that much. Also note the efficiency of KDE 600XF motor is higher than 90%.

I have Voltz 35C 3700mAh and Pulse 65C 3700mAh battery packs. After 5 minutes flight, the temperature of the Voltz packs are not higher than the Pulse 65C pack. None of my packs is puffed or shows any sign of damage.

The reason that I said KDE mortor is more demanding was because the voltage warning on my telemetry unit. It was set at 3.4v per cell - higher than what people normally set to. The alarm has never triggered after setting to 3.3v per cell.

Sorry if I cause the confusion. You will notice the difference when you put it on. I know i did. I can bog the 600MX easily with my routines but haven't managed to do so with KDE 600XF530.

Hope this helps

Cheater
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Cheater

I went out and bought another 600MX

Never mind. Its a good motor for now, When it needs replacing I am sure that some thing else will be around, and by then I will need the power, thumbs willing.

Satnam
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Guess I'll go for the KDE. The align has so for been impossible to balance with the buggered bell and the kde is only a little more than an hk3 scorp. The 600mx is a great motor when you get a good one from qc...but seems a good number of duds got through.

Still fuming. Going to end up missing the Spring Fling in fredericksburg over this turd >

Old 05-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might want to read this : https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=410948
mhoebrec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The two best replacement options are the KDE 600XF and the Scorpion HKIII 4035-560. The Scorpion will require excessive shimming of the front servos to get the can to clear, but it should work great. I have one in my 700, and it has loads of poop. I run the KDE motor in my 600 Pro because it is a drop in replacement. Very happy with it so far.

Regarding stock motor vibes, here is my contribution: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=396289
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just thought I report back about my new 600MX, flew it yesterday and bench tested it , very smooth so far. Very happy so far. Must be one of the lucky ones. Only thing that happened was that a brand new motor gearmount pinion bearing wore out in one flight. Must be a dud bearing ...I hope.

Last edited by smsodhi; 05-06-2012 at 04:31 PM..
smsodhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lucky guy you are sodhi lol. The kde is in the mail. Hopefully I can wring it out at DCRC this weekend.

As for the 600mx, I was able to get the can balanced but the skew is bad enough the amount of balance weight needed is unacceptable. Usually align is semi decent about qc. Wonder what the heck they're doing to have so many turd motors get out. I'll be winding up the old 60mx with some better coil wire if I can find a properly drilled bell. It has good power and it's a bummer that it's too out of whack to balance the current can. Maybe shove into a laughably overpowered foamy.

Last edited by Commodore8888; 05-07-2012 at 09:40 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in