Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh and lube the hell outta it!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 good idea on ANY electric heli
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought mine the other day. How do I know if I have V1 or V2 and whats the difference?
Old 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is currently no v2 So u have a v1
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsteele View Post
I just bought mine the other day. How do I know if I have V1 or V2 and whats the difference?
Much like the matrix. There is no V2.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kinda hard to pull the trigger on this one. My first and only heli was the mcpx v2 and it flew flawlessly out of the box. Seeing and hearing about so many issues people are having and some having none, kinda makes me think I should just hold off. I can`t afford to drop $300 and get a basket case or be one of the lucky ones. I know all heli`s become yard sales at some point, but if my mcpx v2 was a basket case i would of never of stuck with the hobby. I think HH should of tested this heli more before releasing it.
wrong way is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
But in all fairness to consumers we deserve a V2. I like mine, but it should fly without me (us) having to do all these mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed
03Bugeye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Those things plus balance your tail blades (solves 90% of other issues) and better orings on swash and head links. I have two and both are fying great and most times in a crash i pick it up and keep flying. Love this little heli.

Tom
+1 on that....I have 3 now and they all fly great. The ONLY mod that I have done was to put bigger o-rings on the swash and the links. Other than that they are bone stock and everything else is just routine maintanence or crash damage.
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
+1 on that....I have 3 now and they all fly great. The ONLY mod that I have done was to put bigger o-rings on the swash and the links. Other than that they are bone stock and everything else is just routine maintanence or crash damage.
You should buy some lotto tickets...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
c3hutson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
Wow, that's hard core and I love it. I will probably get a second one but may wait to see what the V2 offers. I did all the usual things that everyone suggested and I am really loving this bird. I did have to add six clicks of LR subtrim to keep the tail from drifiting and -5 on the rudder gain to eliminate the tail wag. Other than that it is really a sweet flying bird that can take some damage and keep going.

Bob
Willyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I`m going to wait for the V2, I just want to fly right out the box with no issues, like my mcpx V2. Enjoy your 130x`s i`ll just have to wait a little longer.
wrong way is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still waiting on warranty parts. Seems like I should of just waited for V2
Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of curiousity: what was the delay between the MCPx V1 and V2? 6 months? A year?

I'm not waiting. Mine arrives Thursday. My choice isn't get one now or wait for v2. I'm ready to move up from my MSRx, so my choice is an MCPx for $150+ or a 130 for $230 + $24 for bearings + pennies for O-rings. Not a hard choice.

Paul
pmeyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got two of them. Both are running well now. It does take some tinkering but eventually you have a well functioning heli. Anything that might be done in a V2 if it is ever offered from HH is already or soon to be available. The electronics are good so with some tinkering and now some good aftermarket parts, you will end up with a sweet flying heli. If the size of the 130X fits your needs, don't bother waiting for an upgraded version which may or may not come.

With the first bad crash, you will end up rebuilding the tail anyway. Might as well learn how it all goes together sooner than later. We'll probably have new frames, different motors and all sorts of parts so a lot of our 130xs will end up being frankenhelis just like the brushless mCPX's.

The part supply is starting to get better too. It was spotty to begin with and that was a pain! That's why I ended up with two of them - so that one would always be flying.
Lord Nelson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has been perfect. no mods needed. no vibration on spool up. I have crashed this many times, last night I had to change the tail servo from a very hard crash (It stripped it). After everything was built, still no vibe at all, still perfect.

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still don't think anything so far warrants a V2. It's not like the blade ejecting problems the mCP had. There is no risk of consumer injury and the minimal stuff required to prep it for flight are just some basic setup steps, hardly overwhelming mods or anything of the sort. If ensure in proper gear mesh and tightening blades as well as doing a little balancing is too taxing on you then this isn't gonna be a hobby you stick with for long as these are basic skills that should be applied to every heli you buy be it at kit, BNF or RTF. Like many others all I needed to do was a slight bit of sanding on the A gear (wasn't really needed but gave me peace of mind and took all of 3min to do), checking gear mesh and I went ahead and swapped tailbox bearings with a heli (125CP) I had collecting dust. After that any issues have been crash related and those have been minimal and are to be expected since this is a flying machine, not a basher.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
But in all fairness to consumers we deserve a V2. I like mine, but it should fly without me (us) having to do all these mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine does. Perfectly happy with it.

I would definitely suggest that a new buyer make a few checks before flying, but I do wonder how many folk are jumping straight in with mods at the outset before they've even tried it.

I'm not saying that problems don't exist, nor am I saying that improvements cannot be made - I'm planning a few myself - but I wonder if we are getting caught up in a bit of mass hysteria here?

I have read all posts with interest and even ordered aftermarket tail blades and slider etc., but I am so glad that I took the plunge and bought mine. It flew fine straight out of the box and I love it!
Airsporter1st is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Am waiting till Christmas. By then, I hopefully will be beyond the crash stage when it comes to inverted. Besides, I have a kid starting college in 2 weeks.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong way View Post
So who is waiting for the V2?
Who wishes they waited for the V2?

I got hosed, 1 flight, "waiting" on HH to respond. Guy on phone sounded like it was the first time. He heard of an A gear eating the front servo. And made me send in pictures. NICE
Tomorrow will be my 1 week anniversary, of owning nothing.
03Bugeye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in