Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail slider creeping in heading hold on bench

Last time I had a tail gyro that creeped in heading hold on the bench it was a stock blade 400 G110 gyro that was nothing but trouble!
So has anyone else seen this with there hc3sx ? I sure hope it does not do it in flight LOL!
Also if the heli is locked down to the bench and can't move would you not expect the swash to initialize the same every time you power up ? I have finaly finished my set up after finaly getting some respectable cyclic numbers in both directions but I must say that the swash always initializing at a different tilt before I put the head back on along with the tilting back behavior I had going into the mixer page (found that meticuously tweaked trims on trim page stopprd this) and now the creeping tail slider makes me wonder if I have a bad unit?
Setting up beastx's was cake walk compared to this thing. The addition of a direct mode to bypass the gyros in set up would sure be a welcome feature for sure.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Completely normal on the tail. It is rock solid in flight.

The swash should not be tilting on its own. Send Danny a PM and let him know what's going on. A video posted here would also be helpful.

These systems are 'twitchy' in the bench but very smooth in flight. Swash "tilt" is not normal though.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am glad you posted about this

I noticed my unit with a creeping tail slider too, on the bench. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. More often it does

I sometimes feel this when flying as well. Tail drifting, always in the same direction as the creep on the bench

I have another unit, NIB. I am going to try it, read in the file and bind, and see if it stops. If it does. I am sending the other unit in for a checkup
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

In flight if its drifting that is an adjustment issue. You just need to tune the unit to take care of that, but it is nothing to do with the bench twitchiness, I promise.

Check your wires also. Sometimes having your servo wires too stiff or in such a way that they allow excessive vibes back to the unit can result in tail drift issues.

Again - The bench issue is just a characteristic of this system that takes getting used to but does NOT affect performance in flight.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, I might have imagined the drift in flight, I was kind of looking for it, having seen the creep on the bench

I will loppkeep an eye on in flight behavior and I guess ignor bench quirks

How weird that the bench behavior is so ... Weird.
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

This swash tilt you would never see with the head on. It was only noticable when I was using the leveler and trim page. After writing my trims if I quit the set up and re initialized right away the swash would usualy be perfect. If I waited 5 minutes or so and reintialized it would be slightly off, not drastic but you could see a very slight gap between swash and leveler. Reentering the trim page it would go perfect again. I bet it never changes the blades more than 3 tenths a degree if that ! Gonna fly the dang thing after all the struggle. It will be the last time I build a protos type heli without centering the servo arms before I install the servos and servo cage in the heli. LOL.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
Wow, I might have imagined the drift in flight, I was kind of looking for it, having seen the creep on the bench

I will loppkeep an eye on in flight behavior and I guess ignor bench quirks

How weird that the bench behavior is so ... Weird.
So true.....
The tail servo pulsing had me scratching my head for a while also
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in