Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithT View Post
Amazing skill there ATC but I agree with JettaMan - for me, there were some big reminders of ground scaping moments with the HBFP and with an obviously heavy bird, that must be a nightmare to control.
Hats off for the skill though
I would have to disagree. That is comparing apples to oranges.On one end you have a low head speed brushed motor 3s heli and on the other you have a high head speed brushless motor on 6s.My hkj500fp custom dual belt heli with modified funcopter head running 430mm symmetrical blades on 6s is the smoothest flying heli I own.I wish you guys lived close by so you could fly her to see for yourself. I like my hbfp's very much which I have 5. I have flown both which there is just no comparison. :-]
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

i meant like a 600 size
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK here's my fleet:

Somewhat smaller than it used to be. Redbee Xtreme at the bottom, looking a bit battered these days. Then the blue Bell 222 (an Airwolf style fuse), with fully operational retracts and at the top my Jet Ranger. Both the fuses are fibreglass. I'm looking to put some 335mm blades on the Jet Ranger as I think they would suit its size better. Spot the tail numbers....my surname is Ross (not Warmwater...really! )

Then there are the planks of course:

The Spitfire, 1.2m span, balsa construction (its the Ripmax 600 EP)

The MX2, at a massive 1.4metre span. I need to take the wings off to get her in the car! Big for a foamie!

...and my Bipe. She's a re-painted Christen Eagle (another foamie). Spot the Smurf pilot! It's the only plane I have that makes me giggle when I fly it....loadsa fun. An Ebay bargain at £40!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Helis001.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	265020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spifire001.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	265021   Click image for larger version

Name:	MX2001.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	265022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bipe001.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	265023  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wonderful fleet you have there Luke! Love the scale heli's
Old 11-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
OK here's my fleet:

Somewhat smaller than it used to be. Redbee Xtreme at the bottom, looking a bit battered these days. Then the blue Bell 222 (an Airwolf style fuse), with fully operational retracts and at the top my Jet Ranger. Both the fuses are fibreglass. I'm looking to put some 335mm blades on the Jet Ranger as I think they would suit its size better. Spot the tail numbers....my surname is Ross (not Warmwater...really! )

Then there are the planks of course:

The Spitfire, 1.2m span, balsa construction (its the Ripmax 600 EP)

The MX2, at a massive 1.4metre span. I need to take the wings off to get her in the car! Big for a foamie!

...and my Bipe. She's a re-painted Christen Eagle (another foamie). Spot the Smurf pilot! It's the only plane I have that makes me giggle when I fly it....loadsa fun. An Ebay bargain at £40!
Luke, That 450 you have in the airwolf fuse is it a 450 pro?? And do you have any pics with the front end off........I have wanted to do a air wolf 450 pro but I don't know weather it will fit. Who made the fuse?

Thanks
Hyd
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope, its a cheapy HKH 450 clone, with a Sonix head and tail on it: SE V2 copy. In fact, both the 450s are HKH 450 clones. The other head is a cheap Chinese SE V2 copy and it flies great. £18 from Hong Kong (the Sonix was £85!)

I'll see if I can get a pic of the front inside later.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nope, its a cheapy HKH 450 clone, with a Sonix head and tail on it: SE V2 copy. In fact, both the 450s are HKH 450 clones. The other head is a cheap Chinese SE V2 copy and it flies great. £18 from Hong Kong (the Sonix was £85!)

I'll see if I can get a pic of the front inside later.
OK thank you
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries...waiting for camera batteries to charge.
The fuse is a Heli-artist fuse
Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Luke you must have a very understanding lady of the house,

Hanging those planks in the lounge ,,,

Edit: Off indoor flying in a short while - I'll take pic of my hangar later.

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugster View Post
Luke you must have a very understanding lady of the house,

Hanging those planks in the lounge ,,,
Hehe....I wish. That's my office / study / man-cave....which also apparently doubles up as the place you put all the ironing that's waiting to be done....

Also known by Mrs. Warmwater as the "Geek Room".
Old 11-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hehe....I wish. That's my office / study / man-cave....which also apparently doubles up as the place you put all the ironing that's waiting to be done....

Also known by Mrs. Warmwater as the "Geek Room".
LOL there is a ironing board in my man cave as well (aka the helicopter room)
But only two copters a FP 450 and a exi 450 pro hopefully to be in a Airwolf soon. Its ether that or drinking the 500 koolaid.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Luke,
I love the Bell 222, Jet Ranger, and the spitfire!
Nice!!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love 'em all Luke - I'm about to embark on a scale project again
I've got the MD500 fuse & a 5 blade head and that's all.
I'm looking for a cheap crash victim (or similar) 450 to cannibalise to fit in, so it'll take a while. With two nitro crashes behind me this year, I feel like I've spent enough for the moment

Johnnycat - apart from the HBFP, I've never flown anything like that, so wouldn't know. It's just that the video at 1.15 shows the effect of dropping the throttle and losing height very quickly - just like my ol' honeybee used to. Brought it all back Flying nothing but ccpm you obviously don't get that - as long as you remember to flick the St-1 switch that is - especially when learning inverted. Please don't ask me how I know this
mCPX V2
KeithT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Love 'em all Luke - I'm about to embark on a scale project again
I've got the MD500 fuse & a 5 blade head and that's all.
I'm looking for a cheap crash victim (or similar) 450 to cannibalise to fit in, so it'll take a while. With two nitro crashes behind me this year, I feel like I've spent enough for the moment

Johnnycat - apart from the HBFP, I've never flown anything like that, so wouldn't know. It's just that the video at 1.15 shows the effect of dropping the throttle and losing height very quickly - just like my ol' honeybee used to. Brought it all back Flying nothing but ccpm you obviously don't get that - as long as you remember to flick the St-1 switch that is - especially when learning inverted. Please don't ask me how I know this
I totally agree with what you are saying. Yes a small or large fp will not react like a cp heli. In the video it was the first flight of his heli and does show it has the power to recover. Like I said apples to oranges. Two different types of heli's that take different actions. On any fp the throttle management is critical.So tell us about your inverted flight...:-]
Old 11-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Check out Leaders Hobby. They do some dirt cheap 450 kits etc....no good for 3D, but perfect for scale fuses! They are having spot sales at the moment; the other day a 450 kit was £18 delivered UK!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is amazing stuff! How much have you spent?!!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My wife can read and this is a public forum.....and with all the money I've spent, I can't afford a divorce!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Luke...Turn on wife blocker...It works
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
Luke...Turn on wife blocker...It works

In that case, probably around £1,200 in original purchase price for the stuff in the pics....and that doesn't include upgrades and repairs!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

What if someone offered you 10,000 quid for the lot? will you accept and start every build all over again for the fun or will you miss the work and time you spent on it, and not accept?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in