Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Name this part.

This was laying on top of my battery pack of my G700 today after I flew one flight. I also see some wear on my belt that is new.

Last edited by fhu667; 08-06-2014 at 01:08 PM..
fhu667 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bearing shield from counter bearing?

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like a bearing shield from one of the radial bearings in the one-way pulley assembly.

The first thing I noticed is that looks like your belt is riding way too high on the one-way pulley. It should ride in the center of the one-way pulley. This could be an artifact of the bad radial bearing though. This could also be from missing H0110-S Bushings or the one-way pulley not being shimmed properly to less than 0.4mm of play. Over shimming to where it is too tight can also kill the radial bearings.

Secondly, it looks like something has been rubbing the belt 2/3 about 2/3 the way up. My guess might be battery wires, which could be a catastrophe. I would suggest taking it apart and if you are able to see ball bearings in the races of anything in the secondary drive, that bearing would be bad. If it is a new helicopter, you should contact your dealer about replacing the part and they will determine if it was build/installation error.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
Looks like a bearing shield from one of the radial bearings in the one-way pulley assembly.

The first thing I noticed is that looks like your belt is riding way too high on the one-way pulley. It should ride in the center of the one-way pulley. This could be an artifact of the bad radial bearing though. This could also be from missing H0110-S Bushings or the one-way pulley not being shimmed properly to less than 0.4mm of play. Over shimming to where it is too tight can also kill the radial bearings.

Secondly, it looks like something has been rubbing the belt 2/3 about 2/3 the way up. My guess might be battery wires, which could be a catastrophe. I would suggest taking it apart and if you are able to see ball bearings in the races of anything in the secondary drive, that bearing would be bad. If it is a new helicopter, you should contact your dealer about replacing the part and they will determine if it was build/installation error.
It looks like it could be the SHCS on the main shaft making the mark on the belt?
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchhand View Post
It looks like it could be the SHCS on the main shaft making the mark on the belt?
SHCS?
Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
SHCS?
Socket head cap screw, it's holding the collar on the main shaft. I've read that some are to long and hit the belt, it looks like it's inline with the wear mark on the belt. Just a thought.
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm going to dig in and look as soon as I can. I don't know if the belt marks are from the battery out not, but I'll be checking that as well. I do know however, that those marks on the belt were not there before the flight. I've been watching the belt and how close it was to the frame, but it never appeared to actually touch it until today.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My friend Gaba sent me this link: https://www.helifreak.com/album.php?...ictureid=69233
It looked very similar to what I was seeing, so I tore the motor off and had a look.

I guess I had my pinion set too low, and it rubbed against the bolts. Oh man that looks like such a newbie mistake. Here are my pictures.

The answer to the question of the topic posting is "Pulley Z22 (H0015-22-S)"!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpulley(2).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	527119   Click image for larger version

Name:	gpulley.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	527120  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in