Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KST DS215 on photos 500 plastic?

I'll mostly be practicing and doing light sport flying. So will the DS215s be sufficient enough for this heli? Considering it's so light? Thanks.
kyoz843 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

How about these?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=261532605151
kyoz843 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I run HobbyKing TGY-S-306G-HVs which are essentially the same as the KST DS215MGs for cyclic. They work fine for my stretch setup but these are not just any blades but very light narrow-chord almost-centerline-CG'ed 470mm blades which means they require less cyclic servo force to drive than even 430mm FB blades. I have also run these servos no problem with my Revolution 430mm FB (not FBL) blades which require more force to drive but I've only had these blades on with the S306Gs for maybe 30 flights. I have well over 1000 flights with these servos and my 470mm blades. Before putting on this heli, this set of S306Gs had also had many hundreds of flights on my 450 and my 300. I have absolutely no concern of these micro-sized servos with my setup but I cannot say the same from experience if they spend the same amount of flights with some 430 FBL blades although I expect they will work just fine also. If you decide to run these servos I recommend you run good external BEC because these micro-sized servos are more power-hungry than some mini servos. With these S306Gs and Savox full size SH-1290MG tail servo my stock YGE 60A ESC's BEC would brownout when I loaded up the servos on the bench.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 215's are a Micro? servo for 450 class machines, the Protos 500 takes mini servo's, the 215's wont fit. Check out the 5 series KST servos for your Protos 500.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I forgot to mention that I had to make minor mod to the CF frame to fit the micro servos. Not sure how feasible it is with the plastic frame.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in