Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do you own the microheli aluminum swashplate?

I just got this and noticed the upper balls seem a little smaller than stock. I placed the rotor links on the upper balls and they came right off once I turned on the heli.

I went and got new rotor links and when I installed them they seem to fit better, there was a slight click when I pressed them to the upper balls. But the links still seem like they can easily come apart. I have not tried flying with the new links yet, wanted to check with you guys if this was normal. Should I put a dab of ca glue on the upper balls?

I emailed microheli support and all they said was try new link.

Thanks for your help!
profilefan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had no issues once I made the switch but I do have an odd link now and then that the hole was a tad bit large and would slide right over the swash ball both on the stock and MH swashplate...
soulpatch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuerfan
Should I put a dab of ca glue on the upper balls?
No. If anything, put a piece of plastic bag over the ball and snap on the link. That will take up the slop.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have same issue as previous posts..an odd link every now and again. I blame blade/horizon not microheli. The micro heli swash was prob best upgrade besides brushless motor and solid carbon tail boom

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you guys for the replies!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Instead of plastic bags, use a piece of Saran wrap, or plastic wrap.
824TSV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

...or teflon tape to be used on pipe threads. That thing is super thin and super slick. It's teflon afterall.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hope this isn't too off topic -

I just got my swash - the instructions with it say to loctite all the screws - Is this necessary, or is it just for replacements ?
Dalzul is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I worn off those two balls completely on my first MH swash, and I thought I was being smart by using tiny bit of JB Weld and fine sand them to fit on those itty-bitty balls. Eventually I got sick of reapplying JB Weld and ordered four more sets of ball links when I bought my second MH swash for my second mcpx.

I have a bag of worn links and another bag of very worn links, and I have just tried using a small bit of plastic on the old MH balls. Works great!

Great ideas guys! That's why I love this forum.

Edit to add: to add a small scrap of plastic shopping bag material in the spare part bag when I go flying.
Skyroo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry to change the topic slightly, but on my MicroHeli swashplate, I noticed one of the balls is loose (not all the tightened down). How do i go about tightening these tiny balls?

I am worried to use a pliers (might distort the shape). On my 450, I can use a 1.5mm driver ... but on the tiny MH - I do not see how to grip the ball

Also ... should I use some kind of loctite?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Microheli swash.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	280272  
wrathofkhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofkhan View Post
sorry to change the topic slightly, but on my MicroHeli swashplate, I noticed one of the balls is loose (not all the tightened down). How do i go about tightening these tiny balls?

I am worried to use a pliers (might distort the shape). On my 450, I can use a 1.5mm driver ... but on the tiny MH - I do not see how to grip the ball

Also ... should I use some kind of loctite?
I just got mine today too. You should back all the balls out a few turns and put a drop (small drop) of blue loctite on the threads. A small jeweler screw driver works well on the bigger ones and I just used a small set of smooth jaw needle nose pliers on the baby ones. Just don't mash down on them, you will be able to tell when they are snug. If you have some REAL small pliers, you could grip it at the base, but I didn't have anything that small. Hope this helps and good luck.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuerfan View Post
I just got this and noticed the upper balls seem a little smaller than stock. I placed the rotor links on the upper balls and they came right off once I turned on the heli.

I went and got new rotor links and when I installed them they seem to fit better, there was a slight click when I pressed them to the upper balls. But the links still seem like they can easily come apart. I have not tried flying with the new links yet, wanted to check with you guys if this was normal. Should I put a dab of ca glue on the upper balls?

I emailed microheli support and all they said was try new link.

Thanks for your help!
I bought one and have never used it because the balls were so far undersized, MH is sending me some new balls but after two weeks they still have not arrived.

I measured the 1.5mm balls at 1.44mm and 1.40mm, the 1.40mm one was noticeably sloppy when I build a complete new head to use, not happy, you bet.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrceo View Post
I have same issue as previous posts..an odd link every now and again. I blame blade/horizon not microheli. The micro heli swash was prob best upgrade besides brushless motor and solid carbon tail boom

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
I definitively had a bad MH swashplate, very small balls, should not happen with premium equipment.
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

it was the only thing i didn't like about the swashplate, them top links pop on and sit very loose.
craig303uk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig303uk View Post
it was the only thing i didn't like about the swashplate, them top links pop on and sit very loose.
Sometimes it maybe because the rotor links aren't perfect. If you buy a pack of rotor links, some fit better than others. Some even look a little different, must be an issue with the molding of these links.

After I posted this I got a new pack of rotor links and test fitted each one, some were real loose and some were perfect. Microheli sent me replacement balls but I never installed them.

Good luck,
Steven
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does anyone else beside Blade make replacement links?
Rogiecrockett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEO-RC-Blade...item43ac15748b

I've been testing these for a while. I use one blade and one aeo on my c05m heli. I've broken 4 of these to 0 of the blade parts. And that's with a microheli head with link retainers. Problem could be that these are a tad thicker and rub against the retainers.

These bend easier, and snap easier, and just generally don't fit as well as stock. Won't be buying them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogiecrockett View Post
Does anyone else beside Blade make replacement links?
DudeInMyrtleBeach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

i use a dab of hot glue on the trouble links, comes off real easy and lock the links on.

stated doing this with the stock setup

i do agree that they need a better quality control for these parts for the price were paying for them
Cartrixx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in