Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UK replacment Blades

the stock 300x blades are to fragile,

anywhere in the UK that sells a good cheap replacment?
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked fast lad if they had anything suitable they replied:

Quote:
At the moment we don't have any for the 300x as the ones of a similar size we do are too narrow, eflite will be selling their own blades for this shortly
I've seen a youtube vid of someone flying 300X with SAB 255mm blades, but they are pricey.

I have a pair of carbon effect 246mm honey bee CP blades which fit fine, but I don't think are any less fragile than stock. I got them on ebay in a day or so, but have two more pairs on order from Hong Kong (£3.19 delivered), I could send you a pair to try out if you can wait.

IMHO fragile blades are a good thing (as long as they don't fail in normal flying), they break easily in a crash so you don't break anything else, and they are quick and easy to swap, stronger blades just means the energy goes back to head/links and you will break something else as well (blade grips or strip servos) which will cost just as much and not be as quick and easy to fix. Strong blades will still chip/scratch, and perhaps not be safe to fly in future, at least with an exploded woodie there is no temptation.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
I asked fast lad if they had anything suitable they replied:

I've seen a youtube vid of someone flying 300X with SAB 255mm blades, but they are pricey.

I have a pair of carbon effect 246mm honey bee CP blades which fit fine, but I don't think are any less fragile than stock. I got them on ebay in a day or so, but have two more pairs on order from Hong Kong (£3.19 delivered), I could send you a pair to try out if you can wait.

IMHO fragile blades are a good thing (as long as they don't fail in normal flying), they break easily in a crash so you don't break anything else, and they are quick and easy to swap, stronger blades just means the energy goes back to head/links and you will break something else as well (blade grips or strip servos) which will cost just as much and not be as quick and easy to fix. Strong blades will still chip/scratch, and perhaps not be safe to fly in future, at least with an exploded woodie there is no temptation.

Cheers for the advice i just didnt want to spend £10 everytime i crash on new blades,....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascoleman View Post
Cheers for the advice i just didnt want to spend £10 everytime i crash on new blades,....
Best stick to flying your MCPX then
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Best stick to flying your MCPX then
think you need to read my sig
Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did update it - seriously you cannot expect to crash a real helicopter and not break blades or worse, I guess a lot of people are spoiled having only got into the hobby since the micro heli's have been around.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I did update it - seriously you cannot expect to crash a real helicopter and not break blades or worse, I guess a lot of people are spoiled having only got into the hobby since the micro heli's have been around.
its already updated, i actually have 3 MCPX's

anyway, i dont mind buying blades like my EGDE blades on the 450x, was looking for something alittle cheaper for the 300x as on ebay i can get 8x 325mm blades which ive used for £16.

woundered if they did anything like that for the 300x, or i'll just add x10 to the cart for a £100 od quid.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the 300X sells well, I'm sure the hong kong manufacturers will start selling cheap blades for it, but it will take a year or two typically for this to happen (they need to see the market is big enough to bother tooling up for), look at 550mm blades which were the big new heli 18 months ago or so, and you couldn't get 3d carbon or similar until fairly recently (and even now they are £20 a set, still under half the Align/others, but not super cheap).

Sorry to sound harsh but I think if your crashing so much your buying blades 10 pairs at a time, then maybe you need to rethink your learning method
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If the 300X sells well, I'm sure the hong kong manufacturers will start selling cheap blades for it, but it will take a year or two typically for this to happen (they need to see the market is big enough to bother tooling up for), look at 550mm blades which were the big new heli 18 months ago or so, and you couldn't get 3d carbon or similar until fairly recently (and even now they are £20 a set, still under half the Align/others, but not super cheap).

Sorry to sound harsh but I think if your crashing so much your buying blades 10 pairs at a time, then maybe you need to rethink your learning method
just ordered a load of them and pre ordered the carbon version as well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in