Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #1941 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Id agree with Tom but the planar skew wheel is better than the air screw. Also have a look at the Mad Mushroom! I have the planar skew/ Mad mushroom they are awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #1942 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default TX Range

What about Walkera 2km (1.24mi)? I have pushed out a mile w/it stock if i change protocols to dsmx frequincy hoping, in theory, I could go farther.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #1943 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Found the electrical fault. Saved us £50, which is the insurance excess. Will fix tomorrow in the light.

Woo hoo.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #1944 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm at the limit of legal power in the UK. Plus, I'm not buying anything else on this now. It will be for another project, perhaps with completely different gear, as I would like to go further, but with something less dangerous, like a little plank, like Tom suggested.

Not sure on the regs for other frequencies, or what would happen if I bought it from the US for example, but for now it's good enough.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 09-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #1945 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a quick vid from yesterday, of Jackflying the quad. I'd just installed the new motor, so it's in need of -re-calibrating the accelerometers. I must have tried 10 times but couldn't get the headlights to blink and confirm it was re-calibrated. So the quad isn't trimmed well at all, but you can see he is still having a go at correcting! Hope you enjoy

TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 03:47 AM   #1946 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was great! Make sure you post us a vid when you got it all trim out with him cruising around.

The vid reminded me that my son reports Jan 5th here, about 100 miles away or so.

My granddaughter is a fishing maniac, like her gandpa. She can't wait for me to teach her to fly fish.
My grandson is just going to dig flying, I hope. Just can't see any boy not fastenated by it.
Both my planes are stupid easy to fly in stabilized mode, so once in the air he can learn los real quickly.
Plus, he'll have my sim to practice on when I'm working.

Next year is going to be a great year!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #1947 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will do Tom. I might just leave it untrimmed for a bit, so he will have to learn how to correct....muah-ha-hah!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #1948 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Some night flying after Auto tune

So this first vid is showing switching modes ALT hold/Loiter/Stabilize as you can see no real changes. Then I went out for a fast fly and forgot to change the power transmission of my TX still had it at -5dBm oops. It invoked RTL and it returned prematurely. After it lands there is nothing to see.

[ame]http://youtu.be/oHKbr_gNoCU[/ame]

The next vid shows how well it loiters now. I don't have any stabilization on the cam so any motion you can see. There is a breeze at a constant enough to wave a flag but not hold it out. Id say 10 mile per hourish wind. Then I fly FFF most of the pack. I tilt the cam up so I can see forward while going full ELE and hauling ass! It was lots of fun till the end Where I hit the magic point of the cam/darkness to where I can't see shit so I hit RTL and realized I had no clue where I was.

[ame]http://youtu.be/V_Hgy-0wF-w[/ame]
Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #1949 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I must have bumped that with my elbow?

Attention. This is your Ardu-Captain speaking. Please fasten your seat-belts we are due for take-off. Please be informed whatever you do, DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON! Thank you for flying Ardu-Airlines. 'Click' ... ... Oh crap I hit the red button.... nothing to see after 2:00 sorry...

[ame]http://youtu.be/ioCuodqpgQo[/ame]
Old 09-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #1950 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, and you chose to try that in the dark!

wtf.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #1951 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well TBH I actually tried it my first pack when it was getting dark. I forgot the record button though so I did a quick flight to record hence the short FT.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #1952 (permalink)
Registered Users

Impressive Chad But I'm so dumb on this new fangled technology, that you'll have to remind me why your video's are unstabilised? Is it something yet to be fathomed, in the chain of priorities, or do you just prefer it that way?
Old 09-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #1953 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just use a small FPV cam that is fixed for a couple reasons.
1 Less weight
2 better CG
3 I perfer the playback unstabilized to relive the 'feel' of the flight.
4 so you can be on board and feel lost too.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #1954 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I guess you prefer it that way then. I can see the advantages

I had to ask to develop my own understanding, so I know what I would want for myself eventually. The way I currently figure, I would probably want every configuration I've read about so far!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #1955 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default ...

OH BTW this was done with the gogles strapped on my face!!!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #1956 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are a wild man!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #1957 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can't match Chad's achievement, but since I haven't posted a normal heli flight for a while, here are some selected shots from all four packs yesterday. I'm all a bit top of frame due to being lazy about lining up the camera on my head. Sorry about that. Anyway, here it is. Nothing great, but at least it's enough to show I haven't forgotten roughly how to fly.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 09-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #1958 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some inspiration for me there, plus at around 6:44, I'm sure I could even here the applaud of some sheep
Old 09-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #1959 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got to wait a while before viewing until my new SP3 gets here.

Stuff if coming in. Got the keyboard today. The cd/dvd r/w external drive and hdmi adapter next. The SP3 won't show up for another week.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #1960 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's another one for u Tom

Well, I just got a video cooking from this afternoon. As the wind picked up around lunchtime, I held off my trip for a few hours to see if it died down, and it did, plus with the sun breaking through, it turned into a nice afternoon for this time of year.

So with all things finally right, I got all 4 packs ready and headed out. First very rusty, but felt very stable. Rolls and flips possibly a bit slow, but decided to try more. Hard pitch pumps were ok, but the collective pitch did feel much softer. Strangely, it felt much softer than the test in the garden yesterday, and I hadn't changed any settings.

But it was just responsive enough to endure, and I didn't try and re-program the pitch range at the field. Infact, you can see in the vid how I get a little close to the ground inverted!!

Headspeed felt ok for now, I didn't want to change it yet. On my 2nd pack, I managed to over fly down to 8%, as I forgot the timer on the DX6i. Wasn't happy about that, but I did manage 2 x 4 point tic toks, and practiced some inverted orientations. Decided to up my roll rates, so for my 3rd pack changed my control behaviour (B in parameters menu) from Red (Pro) to Flashing Blue (Extreme). Was much happier with how that felt, but strange enough, I could'nt complete another 4 point tic tok after that! I put it down to me needing a little more finesse on the sticks!

I have to say the little SIM time this morning definately helped blow out some cobwebs, as by the 4th pack the flying was almost back to how it was before, but definately not as confident. You wouldn't know it watching the vid, as the FBL unit makes it look so stable! I just hope I can get back out again soon. All in all a good day Sorry for the fixed POV!! Time for a new hat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in