Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sr one way main gear

I've seen a post for this, but it didn't use the one way bearing. I've also saw a YouTube video of an Sr were the 400 gear is used and the one way bearing was used.
I have a belt drive ( made from some parts from freestyle hobby and the trex 250. Works great by the way) and would like to have a one way main gear. Anyone know we're I can get some info on how to do this mod?
Thank you.
P.S. Yeah I know should have just got the 450 first. Got to much money in the Sr to sell it now and besides its a good way to learn the mechanics of these heli's.
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't know, but maybe the blade 300x gear or gaui hurricane gear might fit?

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think MicroHeli sells a one way bearing main gear for the SR.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Microheli does not have an auto rotation main gear for the SR. The collar is just an aluminum mount. I've been looking for an auto rotation main gear for a 4mm main shaft. The 3mm shaft just bend too easily. I'm trying to convert my HDX300 to a 4mm main shaft. I've stripped 3 one way bearings on this heli already, and it's just a not so good feeling to see your heli just fall out of the sky.

Hopefully with the release of the Blade 300x, we'll see see an auto rotation main gear for the 4mm shafts, but for now I'm trying to rig my own auto rotation main gear. Just a heads up, the Blade 300x also uses a fixed main gear.

The youtube video of the auto rotation gear was 2 years ago. The guy said he would post a how to on making the gear, but seeing that there hasn't been any update of any kind, I'd have to say his setup failed.

From my own personal experience - 300 heli's aren't common, so the cost of maintaining it runs a good bit more than a 400 size heli. 450's are the most common and parts for them cost almost nothing compared to my HDX300.
Glitch01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Come to think of it, I'm don't think I'm going to even really bother with an autorotation gear for the 300 heli. You only really need an autorotation gear for 2 reasons.
1. You do frequent landing and take offs
2. You run out of power mid flight and the autorotation helps the helps the heli fall more gracefully.

I don't really frequent these situations, so I'll just pass on autorotation. A straight up gear will probably shave a few grams off the heli as well.
Glitch01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, I'll probably just leave it as a fixed gear also. It's just that my 450 looks cool after it lands and the blades spin freely.
I don't realy fly that well, so you know what they say, if you can't realy do something good, try to look good doing it. And the oneway main would look good, maybe they wouldn't notice anything else. lol
Old 05-18-2012, 06:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=ranchhand;3943037]
I have a belt drive ( made from some parts from freestyle hobby and the trex 250. Works great by the way) [/QUOTE

Ranchhand,
Could you post some details about the TRex 250 parts used with the Freestylehobby belt conversion?
Were you able to use the stock Blade SR tail boom, and did the belt supplied by Freestyle fit with both the 44 and 48 gears from Freestyle?
Any information gratefully received,
Tony
Aerotony is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Tony,
I used the Freestyle hobby drive gear 44 or 48 will work. I've tried them both. I used their belt and the guide rollers. As for the trex 250 stuff, I used an align trex boom, it will fit over the stock Sr boom. At first I just used a piece of the trex boom but now I use both booms. It's a little heavy but not realy that much. Anyway I'll have to measure one of them to give you the total lenght. Then I used the microheli tail mount for the trex250. I didn't like the plastic tail that came with the freestyle hobby kit, the plastic parts flexed to much. I haven't figured out how to post picks on this web site yet. I can build a heli, but posting pics here is out of control. I need the browse window. lol Anyway I'll work on it and try to get some posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in