Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default can you get the 250 super combo to fly nicely?

Hi, I'm looking at buying a t-rex 250 super combo. But I'm hearing the tail servo is crap. So could I get it to fly nicely with the stock super combo and updated tail hub.
david.lunn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not saying you can't get it to fly well with the stock tail servo, but I had to switch to the 9257. Now that I did, I don't regret it one bit. My tail is rock solid, and the heli is now a blast to fly.
DaveWalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've got mine flying great on a 290G. I'm using the uHeli Gaui tail. I wonder if their 250 specific tail will be any better.

I think once Align releases the metal tail control arm and pitch slider (if they even plan a metal slider ball) . . . the tail will become much more tamable.

I've had the stock tail components flying okay, but it was real finicky. Highest gain I could get out of it was 22. With the Gaui tail, I'm up to 40 with no wag or mush. Flies as well as my 450.

You've got to have a couple of CCPM heli builds under your belt to stand a fighting chance at success with this heli. If you're going to learn on it and just do hovering, the SC components will suffice, IMHO.
heli-on is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just read all the threads about the tail on the 250 and what people did to fix or why they had problems. I think the heli itself is great and if your LHS sent back all of last years model 250's to get them replaced with the updated 250 kit then you should be fine. It all comes down to if you trust "Align Electronics." I just got a 3500g to start with so I wouldn't have to worry about the tail or the servo and then I wouldn't need to crash 2 or 3 times to realize I need to adjust something differently.... And 2 or 3 crashes is almost the price of a 3500g then you would be flying the hole time....

Just
My 2 Cents
My 2 Cents is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it all depends on what u mean by nicely. I personally couldnt help myself from comparing my 250 with my 600 n 450. The stock super combos tail servo sux. Yes harsh words but very true. The jr290 was better but nothing compared to the 3500g. However the gyro is awesome in my book. I liked it so much i sold my 401 on my 450 and got the 750 gyro.

I like my 250 alot its harder to fly but the tail is very locked in now. Take it for what it is as i have been talkin s about the stock servo but truth hurts sometimes. I wish I can say u can make it fly nicely but from my experience that b a total lie. Shoot even the align pros dont use them n i think normal pilots like us need all the help we can get.
MrCLoWnY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only by using a s9257 servo (or any better than ds420) is enough to solve the tail wag problem? Or even with a better servo you need to make more modifications? (chinese weights, etc)
grego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Only by using a s9257 servo (or any better than ds420) is enough to solve the tail wag problem? Or even with a better servo you need to make more modifications? (chinese weights, etc)
My kit was new so it came with the new hub.. From my experience the 3500g/9257 can and will your tail solid! The Chinese weights are not necessary but I got it neways and I think it's a good upgrade. However, the weights are not needed...
MrCLoWnY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in