Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What 700/90 Size Heli to go with?

I didnt want to do this in any heli specific forum to avoid any bias towards brands. I am looking for a 700, 90 size electric heli. I have a Kasama Srimok 90N, and love it, and was considering the Kasama Faifa for electric. But, as awesome as these helis are, crash repairs are expensive. I dont think I will find a comparable heli quality wise, with lower repair cost. So what I would really like is, an excellent flying, great quality, and low cost crash repair heli. With the Faifa, and Goblin in the expensive repair cost range, I have narrowed to the Gaui X7, and the Compass 7HV. I have also considered the the Synergy E6/E7, but there are some who worry that when Synergy comes with a new design, and retire the old, you will no longer be able to purchase parts for your heli. I usually switch out helis to try new ones, so i doubt I would ever keep the Synergy long enough to go out of style. But still, I dont want to end up in a dead end, if I decide this is my heli of choice to keep.
Anyway, all input would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am open to all options, not just of the helis I listed. But please give a good explanation of your preference and why. Thanks
9K4O
breathe rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was gonna say Rex700 for popularity & crash cost but you obviously like em "different" based on the 2 you have listed there I would be more inclined to go with the X7, parts price seem to be sensible & weirdly enough, it seems a bit different from the traditional style rc heli.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I'm not a big fan of Align, so that's why it's not on the list. I just think they are lacking in their quality and design.
Just spoke with someone this weekend about the X7. He was flying an X5, which I have heard great stories about. But he was saying the X7 is a completely different bird than the X5. X5 is very light for its size, where the X7 is on the heavier side for its size. That has pushed me more to the 7HV, and maybe getting a X5 to replace my Protos, or to go with my Protos. Thanks for the input, hope more comes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk
9K4O
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you looked at the Alees Rush 750? From all reports it looks very promising.

Major Equipment Sponsor - AdventureRC
Discount_Bob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't think about the Alees Rush until I went to Readyheli.com and saw it there. I saw a video, but it looked slow and heavy. Haven't read much on it yet either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk
9K4O
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Compass HV7 is a nice heli, one of the few that a Skookum showed zero vib. My only grip with Compass [and i have an Odin 90] is they do stop supporting parts.

I guess you'll have to decide on "easy to get parts" or "exotic heli" as the 2 don't seem to fit together and with the internet shopping most parts are usually a week away.

If you want light and exotic with fairly fast parts aquirement i would suggest Henseleit TDR......
6cuda6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 If you want something that definitely NOT is slow and heavy, then a TDR is good choice. Maybe not the best for competing FAI but otherwise fantastic machine.

Some other recent observations I've done (my own preference only):

Minicopter Diabolo is nice also. Like a TDR on steroids

Compass 7HV looks great but I've read so many different opinions on that one so I don't know what to think.

Logo 700 might be nice but looks a little expensive

Rave Ballistic is nice

Whiplash 90E is nice also

The new T-Rex 700 v2 is quite nice, looked better than the old one
Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the input. We can keep it going for future reference, and others. For now I have decided on a 600. Not because I don't want a 700, but because Kasama is suppose to be releasing the new Dune 600 which is going to be a monster. A super efficient 600 with a 700 power plant. Now I'm just trying to be patient, as it was suppose to be released last month, and now here we are in September, with no Dune yet. Tick, tick, tick...

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk
9K4O
Old 09-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Terry,

You have a good friend who is very well acquainted with the 7HV, should you go that route!

I hope to see you at the HF Fun Fly next month, sir!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes sir, you are the reason the 7HV is on the list. I just wanted to give others the opportunity to post their experiences with all the heli's.
I actually just bought the Compass head for my Protos. (oh yeah, picked up another Protos when the delays came with the Dune 600). I love the Protos, and almost was going to leave the Protos head on it, but I like the compass head, and figured, let's try it on the Protos. Of course, now I'm thinking I should have picked up the Atom 500 instead of another Protos. Lol
Hopefully I will get down to the Funfly. I will have to talk my wife into another family trip to the San Diego Zoo that weekend. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk
9K4O
Old 09-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Checkout the Rave Ballistic. It looks to be a simple design.

texasclouds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe rc View Post
I have also considered the the Synergy E6/E7, but there are some who worry that when Synergy comes with a new design, and retire the old, you will no longer be able to purchase parts for your heli.
I can assure you this will not happen any time in the foreseeable future. The Synergy brand is exploding and the E7 is our flagship. Any new or improved parts will always be backwards compatible. You've listed some great models and they all deserve equal consideration.
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

" I will have to talk my wife into another family trip to the San Diego Zoo that weekend. Lol"

I don't go to the zoo anymore-the last couple of times I went, they refused to let me out...
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol. Yeah last time my 4 year old almost became a resident of the zoo. We let her play on the playground there, and when I went to sit down, she took off looking for me when she didn't see me where I was standing. After what seemed like forever, we found her at lost and found, getting a $10 stuffed animal for free to keep her calm. Hopefully it won't be like that trip. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk
9K4O
Old 09-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you claim to get lost, will she give you a free helicopter?

Might be worth a try...
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol my wife actually told me to go out and get a sugar momma to support my Heli addiction. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk
9K4O

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in