Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 08:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx7 or Dx9

Hi,
I have decided to buy a new tx to upgrade from a dx6i to either the dx9 or dx7 G2. I was wondering if the dx9 had any advantages over the dx7 that would make the extra $100AUD I would have to spend for the dx9 worth it.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
hypnotoad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The biggest differences that leap to mind are the battery, the number of flight modes, and of course the number of channels.

The DX9 is designed to use only rechargeable batteries, so it has an integrated charging system including a charge status light. The DX7 is based on the DX6, so what they did for the DX7 was to design a battery pack with a charger that fits in the space of the AA battery compartment. It still works fine, but there is no light on it.

The DX6 and DX7 are slightly handicapped in that they only allow you to set up flight modes on a single switch, for up to three modes plus Hold. The DX9 lets you have five modes across two switches plus Hold.

Finally, you'll have to decide if you'll take advantage of 9 channels over 7. Things that typically chew up channels are gimbal controls on a multi-rotor heli and accessories that add realism on planes like retractable landing gear, flaps, lights, and so on.

Around the time the DX9 came out, there was talk about being able to adjust gyros for FBL helis using the transmitter. CP helis usually have one adjustable gyro for the tail hold that's often programmable from the transmitter, using one channel. If you really had a system that let you adjust all three axes from the transmitter, then that would be three channels. I personally haven't even read about such a thing yet, but I also don't follow FBL systems too closely.

They're both good transmitters, so I don't think you'll go wrong either way.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
closed

hello,
can you activate and deactivate the timer on these radios just by moving up and down the throttle stick?
thanks.
hilarious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. You can choose to have the timer start when the throttle goes over a certain amount you configure, and you can then either have it keep running or you can have the timer stop when it goes below that amount.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The DX9 has a two antennas for a dual diversity signal. I believe the DX7 doesn't.

The dual diversity signal is supposed to reduce chances of signal fade (or complete signal loss) at the receiver.
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a full comparison on the chart mentioned here.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=708372

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in