Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.s.man View Post
Another thing to look at is;
In ADVANCED MENU/Servos, the cyclic servo frequency changes when any of the servo adjusted to either positive or negative max throw.
We don't see this problem. Refresh frequencies don't change changing positive or negative max throw.
May be that you confuse yourself with the max theoretic frequencies usable with that center pulse and that positive throw (but servos must be able to work at that frequencies, and for now they don't exist yet) that are not the actual servos frequencies.

(Note that this is a sticky post to fast find solutions condensed in few pages and not a general post that can become 100 or more pages).
BrainDev is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016, 12:34 PM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aux Channel

I found another difficulty in setting up my R5.
I use the AUX channel for the R5 gear retracts. By doing so, it leaves me with NO option to use the Brain's Rescue feature, which was the main reason I bought this FBL. Why must it binds to AUX channel ONLY and NOT any other channel? I have plenty of free channels available but there's no way to select and use them to activate the Rescue mode. I hope there will be an update on this issue as well, very soon.
sam.s.man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I found another difficulty in setting up my R5.
I use the AUX channel for the R5 gear retracts. By doing so, it leaves me with NO option to use the Brain's Rescue feature, which was the main reason I bought this FBL. Why must it binds to AUX channel ONLY and NOT any other channel? I have plenty of free channels available but there's no way to select and use them to activate the Rescue mode. I hope there will be an update on this issue as well, very soon.
You can still activate rescue by enabling it one of the 3 banks instead of a channel.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
You can still activate rescue by enabling it one of the 3 banks instead of a channel.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I'd still prefer to activate it regardless of what bank you are in.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
We don't see this problem. Refresh frequencies don't change changing positive or negative max throw.
The attached screen shot showing the frequency changed from 333 (which was manually set to) to 329 by itself, when I maximized the servo 1 negative throw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-30-01-44-12.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	673627  
Old 09-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably not every value is possible, based on the software calculations. So it may round to the nearest possibility.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Probably not every value is possible, based on the software calculations. So it may round to the nearest possibility.
Ya.. Probably... I know we won't go to the max, but it seems like a bug to me. I can still live with it.
But my main concern here is the Rescue mode activation channel. I wish there will be an update on it very soon.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #348 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ya.. Probably... I know we won't go to the max, but it seems like a bug to me. I can still live with it.
But my main concern here is the Rescue mode activation channel. I wish there will be an update on it very soon.
What radio system are you running? Some of the systems with single line receivers support simultaneous output on one of the other receiver ports. Graupner is that way.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
What radio system are you running? Some of the systems with single line receivers support simultaneous output on one of the other receiver ports. Graupner is that way.
Futaba 18MZ with R7003SB receiver.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #350 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Futaba 18MZ with R7003SB receiver.
That should do what I'm talking about. You just need to set the correct mode in the receiver and assign the right channel to the retracts in the transmitter.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
That should do what I'm talking about. You just need to set the correct mode in the receiver and assign the right channel to the retracts in the transmitter.
Good idea. (-:
Old 09-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The attached screen shot showing the frequency changed from 333 (which was manually set to) to 329 by itself, when I maximized the servo 1 negative throw.
I think that a max throw of + 1446us leaving the center pulse at 1520us is not working on any servo. Do you have set this value looking to the servo movements ? If you want use a so big max throw, at least you must reduce the center pulse to 854us for servo continue working (but without movements in the opposite direction).
However, in your hypothetical case the command pulse duration will be of 1520 + 1446 = 2966us which corresponds to 1 / 0,002966sec = 337hz.
but since you need a space of at least 73us between a positive pulse and the next control pulse (2966+73=3039), the maximum repetition rate will be 1 / 0.003039 = 329Hz. So software adapt himself to the values that you have inserted (but we well know that the values inserted without looking at the servo movements are wrong values because we are only joking).
BrainDev is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh well. I kinda solved my problem. I used chn 4-12 for cyclic controls, tail etc, leaving chn 2-3 available on the receiver for my retracts plus other stuff if I need it. And use AUX channel on the Brain2 for Rescue mode activation. But I still think that the AUX channel should be fully configurable as well, for greater flexibility.

*I mean the Rescue mode activation should be fully configurable to use just about any channel.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
I think that a max throw of + 1446us leaving the center pulse at 1520us is not working on any servo. Do you have set this value looking to the servo movements ? If you want use a so big max throw, at least you must reduce the center pulse to 854us for servo continue working (but without movements in the opposite direction).
However, in your hypothetical case the command pulse duration will be of 1520 + 1446 = 2966us which corresponds to 1 / 0,002966sec = 337hz.
but since you need a space of at least 73us between a positive pulse and the next control pulse (2966+73=3039), the maximum repetition rate will be 1 / 0.003039 = 329Hz. So software adapt himself to the values that you have inserted (but we well know that the values inserted without looking at the servo movements are wrong values because we are only joking).
That explains it. Thank you very much. No, I won't use those max throws. I was just fiddling around with it and noticed the change in the frequency. Obviously it is not a bug.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #355 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default throttle hold

Hi
Have a " issue" after hitting throttle hold , I must connect the battery off/on again to activate the motor again,
setting in tallon is external gov, 1073-1960 in brain
Did not have this problem before FW2 came, and HW rpm sensor must be disconnected when entry swashplate setup.

Is there a fix ?
tesa1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016, 10:50 PM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesa1 View Post
Hi
Have a " issue" after hitting throttle hold , I must connect the battery off/on again to activate the motor again,
setting in tallon is external gov, 1073-1960 in brain
Did not have this problem before FW2 came, and HW rpm sensor must be disconnected when entry swashplate setup.

Is there a fix ?
I don't think that's the FBL unit. I think that is something to do with your ESC. Please check your Throttle Hold output level and double confirm it with your ESC manual.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that this issue has been mentioned, I recall that it also happened to me, with HW and Align ESC's, all of them set to fixed wing mode. After I enabled auto bailout in the Brain governor, it didn't happen any more.
Goblin 500
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

Envoyé de mon SM-G920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the Advanced Menu/Common/Governor/Setup OR Wizard Menu panel 12 Throttle & Governor Setup/Throttle Out, how do I set the CORRECT values for MIN and MAX? For now they are at defaults, 1000 and 2000 respectively. And my throttle stick moves the slider from 0 to 100%. The instruction is not clear enough for me to follow. BTW my motor is electric.

Last edited by sam.s.man; 03-19-2017 at 10:43 AM..
Old 03-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #360 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
In the Advanced Menu/Common/Governor/Setup OR Wizard Menu panel 12 Throttle & Governor Setup/Throttle Out, how do I set the CORRECT values for MIN and MAX? For now they are at defaults, 1000 and 2000 respectively. And my throttle stick moves the slider from 0 to 100%. The instruction is not clear enough for me to follow. BTW my motor is electric.
I'm so sorry guys.. Should have searched for the answer before I asked. It is already answered here... https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=557734

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in