Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Getting back...

Hey guys, I had to take quite the break from learning how to fix my SR due to working too much and not having the funds. I just ordered Phoenix sim the other day and hoping that it will work with the stock SR tx. Will be spending more time trolling the forums now.
Obsolete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsolete View Post
Hey guys, I had to take quite the break from learning how to fix my SR due to working too much and not having the funds. I just ordered Phoenix sim the other day and hoping that it will work with the stock SR tx. Will be spending more time trolling the forums now.
I don't know about the stock radio working with the sim, but any SR help just holler, couple of us still hang around here from time to time...
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome back.
The phoenix sim works with the stock tx, I can't remember witch switches need to be ware?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks, can't wait to get it in and get it set up. After I got my SR I replaced the swash and I think some other parts with CNC'd parts. Tail booms slightly bent from a blade strike but other than that I think everything is ok. I've been looking it over and testing out the controls but I haven't spun it up in awhile. Don't think I will try and get it off the ground anytime soon but I'll do some ground work with it for now.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks, can't wait to get it in and get it set up. After I got my SR I replaced the swash and I think some other parts with CNC'd parts. Tail booms slightly bent from a blade strike but other than that I think everything is ok. I've been looking it over and testing out the controls but I haven't spun it up in awhile. Don't think I will try and get it off the ground anytime soon but I'll do some ground work with it for now.
You know if your handy with a dremmel tool and have access to one you can get 2 tail booms for about 5 bucks that are stronger....
8mm knitting needles....
500 Pro DFC
Old 04-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
You know if your handy with a dremmel tool and have access to one you can get 2 tail booms for about 5 bucks that are stronger....
8mm knitting needles....
I seem to recall reading that some time ago. I don't have a dremmel yet but it's on my list of tools to pick up in the very near future.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just realized that I keep calling it Phoenix instead of RealFlight. RF is the one I bought.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I seem to recall reading that some time ago. I don't have a dremmel yet but it's on my list of tools to pick up in the very near future.
It saves booms for sure! The knitting needles are a lot stronger and cheaper...can even get the blue, or even different colors too!
500 Pro DFC
Old 04-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your SR has been sitting for that long it would probably be a good idea to put a drop of oil on the motor bearings, the main block bearings and wouldn't hurt to hit the blade grip bearings while you are at it.

I might try those knitting needles for a tail boom. Would love to get an orange or red boom to match the canopy instead of the stock blue boom.
kla912000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 03:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
If your SR has been sitting for that long it would probably be a good idea to put a drop of oil on the motor bearings, the main block bearings and wouldn't hurt to hit the blade grip bearings while you are at it.

I might try those knitting needles for a tail boom. Would love to get an orange or red boom to match the canopy instead of the stock blue boom.
+1 to what kla912000 says on the oil, lotta guys use TriFlow, I have that and this stuff called reel butter bearing oil that I've used, it's used on fishing reels and doesn't harm plastics also.

Yeah the local Hobby Lobby usually has the Blue ones (they match the blue perfect!) but I have seen some green ones, and red before.
I get the 14 inch ones, and if you use em be sure to take some mini files and smooth out the areas around your cuts!
I also take about an inch long piece of heat shrink and put that on the wires
That come out of the front of the boom to connect to the plug, because if your not careful you can pinch em from the frame coming back together upon installation.
500 Pro DFC
Old 04-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post

Thanks, I'll try to get that done this weekend. Does that require removing any of the parts or can they be oiled without disassembly?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Obsolete, you should be able to oil main bearings/motor without removal.
Especially if you use the TriFlow 2oz bottle...it comes with a small long plastic tube that you can use to get into those tight places.
Your blade grips, just check em for freedom of movement..(twist them back and forth (might be a good idea to pop off links to free em up)
if they feel tight, you might want to take em apart and go over em.
500 Pro DFC
Old 04-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to nighttrain06. If you have a long and skinny tube of oil you shouldn't have to disassemble anything. Its funny that you said that about the fishing reel oil cause that's exactly what I use, just a different brand. Works great for me.
kla912000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in