Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 pro v2 motor failure? (solved) now motor vibrations? new video added

Hi guys.

Had the first flight with my 450 pro v2 with fb today. The first bat went fine. The second though then I gave some throttle (the blade were still at the ground), the bird was shaking and it almost looked like the blades were going a little bit in the wrong direction. This was between 0 to 5% throttle (having a normal throttle curve at 0-45-80-90-100

When up in the air she seamed fine though and were going fine. However, I had some shaking. Small shaking. I have checked and all screws are solid in the head and main gear and motor are perfect aligned.

Any suggestions?

Can the main blades going a bit reverse have something to do with the ESC programming? I have not programmed it, just using stock program in it.

Thanks for your help!

All the best,
Kris

Last edited by KristoferSwe; 04-16-2012 at 04:14 PM..
KristoferSwe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi guys.

SO the motor was doing strange noises when spooling up. When I got home. I charged the battery and was going to look at my smaller head vibrations.

When I spooled her up the first time it was ok (bit of twiching in the start) but no big vibrations and shaft looked ok.

After a while though. The motor started this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42538001@N07/6935524066/

What can it be? Motor failur? ESC? what can it be? Now the motor dose not work at all.

I have checked with the heli turned off. and the main gear and rotor head spinns great and free (yes I can feel the smaller bumps from the motor since the pinion is still plugged in.

Would be great if I can get some awnsers. I hope this is a warranty problem since I only flew her once with these problems from the start.

Thanks.

Kris

PS.

took out the main gear and same problem:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4253800...in/photostream
Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thats is odd. Ive never experienced that before. You already tried what I was gonna suggest (spinning the motor by hand). I would try re-programming the speed controller, make sure the battery is indeed good and try it again. Someone is surely gonna pipe in with a better answer soon.
americas911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like a loose bullet connector to me like it is only running off 2 of the wires instead of 3 look at the solder conections
Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keither1984 View Post
sounds like a loose bullet connector to me like it is only running off 2 of the wires instead of 3 look at the solder conections
That was my thought too.
1157 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the bullet connectors the onece between the motor and esc? Ill go through them and see if anything is loose or bad. Any suggestions on what too lookat?

Thank,
Kris
Old 04-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is your heli a new built and never been flown yet?
if you have a spare esc and motor it would be easy to isolate the problem.
Rave 450 FBL - Spirit FBL
nard712136 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah. It is brand new. But it has been flown. 2batteries. First there was no problem. The secon battery it started sounding a little like this at spool up at low theottle. I then noticed small vibrations when flying so i landed an went home. When home, i charged a third battery to find out about the vibrations. But now the motor dose not turn at all as you see:/
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

New update.

I took out the ESC completely and just checked the connection to the motor.

Sorry for being a noob at names and stuff. Bu these are the bullet connections right?

I did not do so much with them. But now with the ESC out, and a newly charged battery (same battery as last night) the motor is running perfectly.

I had these connections very close to the motor before. Could this have been the problem?

I don't want to put everything together before I know I have found the problem

Thanks for your help guys!

All the best,
Kris
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

you need to pull the shrink wrap off of each bullet connector and make sure each end is firmly soldered in place I gurantee that is your problem now that you have moved it, it has connection again do not fly like that. if you do not know how to solder take it to someone who does or watch some videos. also you can spin the motor up and tug on each wire one at a time and figure out which one is your problem
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, will do that,

Ah now i know what solder means as well ^.^

English is my second language so can be hard some times. Ill do that and get back to you with results.

Thanks so much again!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh one more thing,

I had some smaller vibrations in the whole heli, now that I spin up the motor without anything else connected to it. it seams to make the whole frame vibrate some. It is rely tight screwed in and everything. could it be the motor making the vibrations? is there any way to ge rid of them vibrations?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are the connections "naked":

ESC

MOTOR:

The solder looks great. I don't really know what more to to about them.

Maybe it was the way I had the cables, they were very twisted and close to the motor. I will make them more strait and away from the motor this time when I put them in..

I hope this is the resolved.

However, still have trouble with the vibrations that seams to be coming from the motor...
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ keither1984

it semas to be working and could no find anything so maybe it was the way the cables were in the frame. not it is working anyways.

However, the motor is vibrating a lot. Made another short video:

Do I need to tak it apart? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fear the Spork!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoferSwe View Post
@ keither1984

it semas to be working and could no find anything so maybe it was the way the cables were in the frame. not it is working anyways.

However, the motor is vibrating a lot. Made another short video:

Do I need to tak it apart? Thanks for any help.
something doesn't look right about your motor. i see it wobbles alot at the start and end of the spool up. Is the motor shaft bent or something?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dose not look like it is. And It only has one flight on it eith no hard crashes... So maybe i should chould change it?

Ill send the retailer a mail...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got me a new motor today from Helipal! They have great support!

So I hope since I only had 2 packs in my bird and no hardlandings that the bent motor shaft was factory fault. But What if not?

What could cause the motorshaft to bend? I need to know so I dont make the same misstake again

Gonna install it in the frame today without main gear to test run it and see that it works good before flying it
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing I can think about is that you might have a to tight gear mesh or that the pinion isn't centered on the motor shaft. But I don't know if that actually could bend the shaft...

Var e du ifrån föresten?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a new 450mx motor and had problems with it right out of the box. My 450 vibrated so bad it bounced around on the ground before I could spin up much head speed. It seemed to happen between 2000 - 2500 rpm (at the head). I pulled the motor and spun it up outside the heli and the vibration was barely noticeable. Mounting in the heli seemed to amplify the problem. I took it back to the LHS and they agreed something is wrong with the motor. Just looking at it, everything seemed fine. Nothing lose and everything spinning true but obviously something is not right. I also thought the motor sounded extremely loud when it spun up. I couldn't see your videos so I can't tell if it's a similar problem.
Lanman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds similar!

I got me a new motor now and it sounds and vibrates a LOT less

When its spinning up realy high there are minor vibrations in the frame, but I guess you can't avoid it completely when you have something spinning so fast in a small heli.

I will asseble it this week and hope to get some flight this week. Hope it flies as good as my fbl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in