Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default compass nitro hely

it be cool if they cam out with new nitro hely
rodneymueller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They've been working on the Warp 5 since at least October of last year, with no solid updates since. Some folks around the world are experiencing high costs, long delays, or a simple inability to get parts. Their last announcement made it seem like there was a lot of reorganization, but whatever's going on, I don't think they're in a position to take on new massive projects.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will never ever happen... That's al folks.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not official but there has been some efforts to build a 7HV nitro.

I'd take a look on this thread:

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=110

The guy was planning to manufacture a off-the-shelf conversion kit, I'm not sure about the current status.

Not flying anything - model or full - since 2017!
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Sebastian mentioned that they were contemplating a parts run for the 3D Plus (I don't think he mentioned any kits).

For anyone who is not familiar with it, it was/is a .50 sized machine with the SZ/Compass head on it. Skunkworx Tim let me fly his a few years ago and it was amazing-very quick and precise.

I have an Odin II that I installed a 7HV head on a few years back-that is an extremely impressive machine as well.

I think many really wanted the nitro version of the 7HV (see the post above this one). That would have been incredible.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 7hvn and like it lots. So simple in design. We Made our own. If they got the old nitro back on product I would get one. But I think compass procrastinate far too long on decisions.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have frames for one. if anyone is interested.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tim Jones was working on one a while back with a 7HV frame. I think they (the owner[s] of Compass) decided not to follow along for whatever reason. It would've been a great segment for Compass because of how small the field is getting, but I think they saw it as a dwindling pool and was too much risk. I think it would've been RC gold, but I'm not in charge of the decisions.

Another idea would've been if they could revisit the electric fan idea. With how reliable and inexpensive the electronics are getting nowadays it wouldn't be much of a stretch to make it work compared to back in the Odin days.

I think that if they could do another run of 3D+ stuff it would be great. That or do a reboot using the 6HVU head/tail updates and maybe do direct to swash setup it would be pretty unique and fly like mad! Not that the 3D+ is any bit of a slouch, but most things tend to get better over time. Just my $.02 though.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sorry for the Resurrection but...

Honestly, I would LOVE to see a Chronos N700 model.

I heard tell of a few "kits" that got made a while back. A Nitro with a Chronos head and drivetrain stuffed with a YS 96 or an OS 105HZ-R would be sweet!

I know it's not of interest it seems, but with JR making a Forza 550 Nitro conversion kit, SAB having the Black Nitro 650, Align Still selling 600N and 700N Trex kits, and Synergy with the N5C and the N&, Nitro is still very much alive.

I love my Chronos as an Electric, but now that I have a taste of Nitro smoke in my blood, I need a new Compass Nitro, even if it is a conversion!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It would be nice if they could update the 3D+ with the tail and head from the 6HVU. Maybe try doing direct-to-swash in a 7HV style servo layout with a micro HV servo on throttle. I think it would be worth a revisit at this point as long as they don't make it look funky. The hardest thing to get right with nitro is the weight. You'd think by now they would have it all down to a pretty exacting science.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in