Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bought a 250, copterx

So after trashing the pos 450hk , I bought a copterx 250 $51 shipped to the U.S. ! It's the disassembled version couldn't pass up. Any advice for building or tips?

My setup
Elite 45a lite pro esc
Hk401b gyro
Mg 90 servos
Jr 9001 tail servo
Zippy 1000mah

Just need motor, don't want anything over powered either
Dstaks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, don't use the belt from the kit at all. Get the yellow 'Kevlar' belt ('Super tail belt for T-REX 250').
Norbert
EyP3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyP3 View Post
Hi, don't use the belt from the kit at all. Get the yellow 'Kevlar' belt ('Super tail belt for T-REX 250').
Norbert
Is it weak?
Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

the belt that came with my CopterX kit was weak and brittle. Replaced it during the build with an Align one but next time will replace with the yellow kevlar one
boykster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 02:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

>Is it weak?
Yes, as boykster said.
EyP3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I've noticed with the clone 250's is the way the belt/tail assy is packaged. The belt is usually coiled then tucked into the boom-end of the tail assy. This crimps the belt cracking the rubber. While fragile the clone replacement belts will work. Just my 2cents .
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440430168032.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	604574
They shouldn't package them like this. Actually, it would be nice if they came completely unassembled.
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the Align belt on mine during assembly. Put some silicone grease on the belt, only tighten the belt enough to prevent skipping teeth on the gears, and I've had zero belt problems in about 2.5 years of nearly daily flight.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

check the main gear... mine was warped. My feathering shaft wasn't machined properly, main shaft wasn't up to par either. I replaced the swash after first flight. Once the align main shaft, gear, swash and feathering shaft... flew great then very stable. hot glue the gyro
JG6743 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG6743 View Post
check the main gear... mine was warped. My feathering shaft wasn't machined properly, main shaft wasn't up to par either. I replaced the swash after first flight. Once the align main shaft, gear, swash and feathering shaft... flew great then very stable. hot glue the gyro
Hope I have some luck with my kit. We will see!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

OP, I'm surprised at your commentary about the HK kit. I have both the CopterX and HK250GT kits. I hadn't gotten around to building the HK kits but just built my CopterX 250 FBL. I had to scrounge a part from the HK kit as there was a dud on the CopterX kit.

The shared parts are the exact same. The bags, the parts, even the screwdrivers are the same. Colors and markings are the only difference. Maybe they just throw in the lower tolerance parts into the HK kits? Dunno.

Anyway, my kit went together pretty well. The tail has less slop than my real Trex. Only notable issues were the canopy, its malformed and hits the swash links and my belt was pretty frayed. I ended up shaving it and using a lighter to get rid of the rest. Yes, I love to live dangerously, but I bet I'll crash it before the belt goes Also some of the ball links are smaller than others and seemed to be in the wrong places, ie elevator was uber tight and head was super loose, reversing them fixed it. .
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

i found that there was a lot off slop inthe head changed it for aftermarket dfc style with that the heli came alive and responded to the sticks quickly

t rex 250 pro dfc robird, 450 pro dfc robird,gaui N X 4 mini v bar ,Velocity 50 n2 ikon ,Ely Q 90 ikon taranis X9D
rob221 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 12:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

So how are these birds? Can the tail and heads be trusted?
I just got a hold of one, doing kinda a trade for a guy im fixing his and he is giving me one. ive never had a 250 what size battery most of you fly to make them balance well?
they both have cheap HK TP90 ( i think is the number) servos. have to look at tail servos.
well I think his is a real trex 250 mine is a copter x. also got a 450 copter x. same thing anyone know if any parts on it should be changed?

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 06:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
So how are these birds? Can the tail and heads be trusted?
I just got a hold of one, doing kinda a trade for a guy im fixing his and he is giving me one. ive never had a 250 what size battery most of you fly to make them balance well?
they both have cheap HK TP90 ( i think is the number) servos. have to look at tail servos.
well I think his is a real trex 250 mine is a copter x. also got a 450 copter x. same thing anyone know if any parts on it should be changed?
I don't think there are any parts that need to be replaced before they fly but you will need to check everything over. Especially if someone else built it. But that is true with almost all clones.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 08:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to the guy who said to get the Super Tail belt. I got one for mine after my Align belt pooped out (didn't last long...) and it's great. It's never gonna break... ever. The Align ones can break/shred in crashes.

You can get it in the USA, and it's cheaper than the Align.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...ducts_id=11595

I also suggest getting an Align hardware pack, and replace every single 0.9mm hex with a 1.3mm hex (thread size is the same so it will fit). It takes a while but it was worth it for me. No more stripped 0.9mm bolts... especially with the clone Cheesium bolts.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-helic...25033a/p158466
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had great luck with the Align belts--I run them rather loose and I coat them in silicone grease, never had a problem. Even so, you cannot go wrong with the Super Tail belts mentioned above by Number, so I just pulled the trigger on two of them.

Thanks, Number, for reminding me about the Super Tail belts.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in